The Joe Biden Presidency I :: Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Jan 20, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was more than broad, it was not coordinated. Neither party could really explain what the other side intended with the agreement, and as I recall, the judge was pissed. I believe one of the issues was the gun charge. I believe Biden thought it was settled, and the government thought it was set aside, but could come back up if Biden re-offended in some way.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sounds to me like he is shitty at negotiating a rate.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think the main objective is to break him down emotionally. I think the main objective is to keep associating him with corruption. As thin as the case may be.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This keeps being the claim, but somehow Congress has not found anything. Literally. The only thing found was a loan repayment. And this has been after a year.
    This is unlike the B Clinton impeachment, in which the inquiry started on Oct 8, and the vote was taken on Dec 19.
    The first Trump impeachment was started on Sept 24 and the vote was taken on Dec 18.
    The second Trump impeachment didn't really have an inquiry because it was based on Jan 6 events and actions. The vote was taken Jan 13.

As you can see, those three impeachments had a rather short inquiry period before presenting evidence. The current House has been inquiring for a year, and has yet to present information. Now, if the the current impeachment inquiry is to remove Biden from office, why has it taken so long? In both the Clinton impeachment and the first Trump impeachment, there was previous investigation which drove the inquiry, so there was a delay from the events to the inquiry. No such prior investigation is present for J Biden, and no known, or even hinted at, evidence has been in the media (as was the case for the other three).

So, the conclusion I have is this: Biden has experienced extraordinary loss in his person life, yet none of that is due to his own personal failing. He has made political missteps, but he has spoken of how those, too, were mistakes as he has looked in hindsight. And currently he has been extraordinarily successful as President, and has run a very smooth administration. The biggest charge against him is his age. So this inquiry is an attempt to slander his reputation in such a way as it is equal to Trump, both of them being the assumed nominees for President of their respective parties. If this was serious, evidence would have been presented, and charges would have been brought. And there would also have likely been an additional investigation.

And the fact that "The Biden Family" is used, when it is ONLY Hunter, shows how weak the inquiry is, how much evidence is lacking, and how dishonest the inquiry is.

But I have to ask (and please, nobody else answer this), why is so important, to you, to take Biden down?

Deadtigers, Quakes05, charlie15 and 3 others repped this.
  5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three things:
    1 - It is closer to the estimate of 150,000 when discounting for the UAW workers and the Actors' unions ending their strikes and returning to work.
    2 - Just as important job growth is wage growth. Wage growth is at 4.0% annually, which is slightly above inflation (3.7%).
    3 - The unemployment rate is at 3.7% (3.8%?).

While the economy keeps growing, these number are not pushing the the FED to lower interest rates.

Deadtigers repped this.
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's over $4000 a day, for an entire year. What is your limit on ATM withdrawals? Mine is far less than $4000/day.

Deadtigers repped this.
  7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not about breaking Biden, but about showing how quality of a person he is. And for the evangelical Republicans, that will not do. There needs to be a failure somewhere in Biden, personally, for him to be acceptable to them. But there is not, least of which he is a Catholic. I have turned from looking at this as a political act to looking at this as a religious act, and specifically from a White Christian Heterosexual Supremacist view.

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS

45:40 I tend to agree with David Brooks here, not supporting funding for Ukraine would be a disaster and Democrats should support whatever it is Republicans want to do to secure the southern border - "Democrats should hop on as much as they possibly can...take co-ownership...otherwise its very perilous for Bidens re-election chances."

10. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    BvjBtX4CIAEvhYJ.jpg

QuakeAttack, Deadtigers and M repped this.
  11. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henry Kissinger just died. Did you read any of the articles about his post government life?

I get your point. However. Influence peddling is like breathing air or drinking wter to these guys. It’s just a function of living.

Deadtigers repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Difference would being post vs during (if there was a connection).

The Clinton foundation however ... donations down 70%+ right after Hillary didn't win.

13. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My words probably read harsher and less empathetic than intended. It's an observation not a judgement.

FWIW, Biden's refusal to allow Republicans and the media to bully him into distancing himself from his troubled adult son is one of the things I admire the most about him.

Mike03, rslfanboy, M and 4 others repped this.
  14. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    right - but this is similar to a correlation vs causation thing

When Obama was in office, a private company is more likely to think the Biden name may open doors in washington. When the Obama admin ended, the perceived value may be much less. Similarly with Clinton, you want to donate money to her causes when she might be a future President.

This may be gross, but is certainly not illegal. There is certainly no evidence that the drop is caused because they were corrupt payments.

Mike03, onefineesq, Deadtigers and 2 others repped this.
  15. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's no different to how Theranos and co showered money on the likes of General Mattis to appear credible in industry verticals. Otherwise what are we going to say? That the relatives of US officials are not allowed private sector jobs?

Deadtigers repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Was he in office at the time ? I don't recall.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right. It should be illegal.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Was hunter biden in office?

This is the problem. It is allowed to recruit Mattis because his name opens doors in the Pentagon. In some cases, it was simply credibility. But no one suggests it is corrupt.

raza_rebel, Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Getting onto more positive things, this is huge. And of course, it helps that Biden is a fan of Amtrak.

20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    How would it be made illegal?

21. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What should be illegal?

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Obviously I am talking about there being a Hunter / Joe connection in terms of buying influence. I thought that was clear. Otherwise, yeah, I don't give a shit Hunter isn't a Gov. official.

Being out of office is a big difference. Even if sure, there can still be shady dealings. But opening doors through connections is not a problem.

23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I am still gobsmacked at how this massive panic was created and it was total nonsense. Remember this was going to lead to progressive DAs and Mayors having to resign

All made up

Mike03, rslfanboy, Deadtigers and 2 others repped this.
  24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I stand by my point that a lot of people really think it's the 70s and 80s and I'm starting to think that living through it broke them in a way.

bigredfutbol and taosjohn repped this.
  25. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5%, 50%, whatever.

They mistakenly added a zero.

Mike03 and Deadtigers repped this.