The Jamaican National Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by ja2ny, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Just seeing this thread.

Catracho Azul - Dont come on a Jamaican thread and talk shit on here. This is not a Honduras thread. I can go ova unnuh forum an start WAR ova suh! Memba dat! :mad:

Ja2ny - Not been happy wit results/tactics and team selection by Tappa. I think he should go. I think its time we go in a different direction. That time is now.

2. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Warlord long time mi nuh hear from yuh. Everything crisp King?
    It's like they don't want to call up the English base players. Whaa gwan wid that.

3. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    ja2ny,and Warlord big up!

Haven't seen you guys here for a long time.

Lets hope for Jamaica to advance,it shouldn't be a problem this time for the Reggae boyz.I'm behind them no matter what!!

Warlord,i was stuned about Trinidad & Tabago yesterday and i know ur half Trini.This is not Trinidad & Tabago in it's full power,there are too much mistakes made by that coach.So i can imagine how angry you are.And indeed,Trinidad should go to another direction,because if it is going on like this,it will be a desaster for the Soca Warriors and the entire country.And we do not want this to happen with them!

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Been busy wit life. Just now gettin back 2 da forum as Brazil 2014 games are underway. Not sure what is up wit tha non call up of english based players, but tha coaching staff needs to have a look at every single player available and assemble the best team for the upcoming semifinal round in June next year!

All im saying is that right now the federation needs to get us games every fifa calender date against good strong opposition. Our rivals have been preparing very well... jus take a close look at US and Costa Ricas games thus far.

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Whats good bra! yea its been a long time. Been watching a few of those games that soca warriors played and the team lost out and is now eliminated. They have talent but no heart and their federation has been in shambles for sometime now. They have alot of issues and hopefully they will get their act 2gether and start rebuilding for 2018. Its sad to see a team do so well in Germany '06 and now reach tha lows it has now. First round exit to Guyana!! Can u believe it?:eek:

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    can some people on here comment on the stadium in kingston, and atmosphere for upcoming US game. I hear the pre-game party is just as fun (parking lot, concert in stadium, etc). if hotel is in new kingston, it looks like you could potentially walk to stadium and back, right?

can't wait.

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Reggae Boyz defeat New Zealand 3-2

BY IAN BURNETT Sports Editor burnetti@jamaicaobserver.com Wednesday, February 29, 2012

AUCKLAND, New Zealand –Local based players Xavian Virgo, Tramaine Stewart and Navion Boyd flew the Jamaica flag proudly down under earlier today when each hit the target to help Jamaica to a 3-2 victory over New Zealand at the Mt Smart Stadium. Chris Wood and substitute Chris Killen replied for the home team in the second half in front of 15,379 spectators, including former Jamaica and West Indies Test cricketer Franklyn Rose.

Virgo, of Boys’ Town, opened the scoring in the 39th minute when his attempted cross from the right flank caught goalkeeper Mark Paston unawares, as they ball sailed over his head and into the far side netting, much to the chagrin of the partisan home crowd who had ventured into the venue hoping for victory for the All Whites.

Eight minutes after the resumption, Stewart, who was having only his second game for Jamaica at this level, increased the lead when he rifled home from inside the penalty area, after strike partner Omar Cummings and midfield ace Keammar Daley had combined well to create the opening.

But Jamaica hardly had time to savour the celebration when the home side reduced the deficit, courtesy of a well-placed shot by Wood, after the Jamaican defence was...cont.@ http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/sport/Reggae-Boyz-defeat-New-Zealand-3-2

9. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Glad for the win, remembering that NZ was undefeated in the WC. Would've prefered a better scoreline, but I'll take the win and some momentum

10. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    14 overseas-based Boyz for Guyana game

BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor Sunday, April 22, 2012

HEAD coach Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore has summoned 14 overseas-based players for a friendly international against Guyana slated for the Montego Bay Sports Complex on May 18.

Among them are the Waftord pair of Nyron Nosworthy and Adrian Mariappa, whose availability is subject to their Jamaican immigration and citizenship documentation verification.

Others invited are Chris Humphrey (Motherwell Scotland), Omar Daley (Motherwell Scotland), Ricardo Fuller (Stoke City England), Damion Stewart (Notts County England), Nathan Smith (Chesterfield England) Claude Davis (Crawley Town England), Keammar Daley (Preston North End England), Marlon King (Birmingham England) Lance Laing (Fort LauderdaleStrikers USA), Darren Mattocks (Vancouver (Whitecaps USA), O'Brian Woodbine (VPS Finland), Luton Shelton (Karabukspor (Turkey).

Of the 14 players, there are seven defenders, three midfielders and four forwards.

It's the first time in a spell that so many England-based players have been named in a Reggae Boyz squad -- due mainly to the players' availability as the UK football season winds down.

Also, Whitmore is using the opportunity to have a fresh look at the established members, plus close-ups of the new recruits as he homes in on his final squad for......cont.@ : http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/14-overseas-based-Boyz-for-Guyana-game_11305001#ixzz1somNHAbr Top

Re: Jamaica v. Guyana, May 18th @Catherine Hall in

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    when will Jermaine Beckford get his call-up?!?!

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Do any of you guys have a link to the stream of the Panama vs Jamaica game?

14. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Motherwell's Chris Humphrey was 'unaware' of Jamaica curfew
    Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey has insisted he was unaware of the curfew that led to his two-game suspension from the Jamaica squad.
    Humphrey and Birmingham striker Marlon King were removed from the squad for breaking a curfew after their World Cup qualifier against Panama. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18344297

16. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    I'm really starting to think that Tappa doesn't want any ub40's on the team. What do mean you can't go out after the game is over and done with? Tappa thinks he can get Jamaica to the World Cup with the Gold cup team him mek ah sad mistake. And of course we the fans suffer and have to wait another 4 years what a f--king poppy show. Our Football Federation needs a Big time overhaul. I'm tired of this sh*t :mad:

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Jamaica have too many good quality UB-40s to waste a call-up to Jevaughn Watson or Grandison no offense boss heh..

18. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Shiiiiiiiiiiit you're not Jamaican and even you can see that. Why can't the Federation see it?!

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    dem hardheaded. I lurk on the reggaebwoyz forum a lot so I keep myself up to date. Maps and Nosworthy alone cannot carry the defense.. Would've been nice if Marvin Elliot wasn't injured, he's a real good LB. instead them talk about Virgo.. WHY?!?!

Beckford uptop with Fuller, Somebody like Watts/Humphrey and Dyer/Sinclair on the wing, hell even Pennant!!, then in the middle with Jobi and Pratley.. aww mann that would be sick.

20. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Your lurking apparently isn't enough...Elliott is a central midfielder while Nathan Smith is a left back and is injured.

MetroChile repped this.
  21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    oookay.. even more the reason why JFF is incompetent.. How do you not call-up Elliot. I thought Nathan Smith was bad anyways...??

22. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Because Elliott is also injured.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club: