The "I Was Wrong" Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JC7rox, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was wrong about Ronaldo as well....I have always been impressed with his skill set and pace but I thought he would always have trouble finishing himself off as a player. I thought he would end up like Deneilson, moments of breath taking skill couples with years of frustration over missed windows. I also thought he would bugger off to Spain after the summer and in a way I wanted him too because I thought him and Rooney would be at lager heads all year. I was soooooooooo wrong and I am more than glad about it. Ronaldo not only has played out of his skin this year, he has stuck it everyone that bet against him.

I was wrong about Rudd, I loved him and I thought he would end his career here. I thought it was wrong to sell him and that we would struggle without his goals. I was dead wrong, he is still scoring goals at Madrid and I know he will anyplace he goes but we are playing a totally different style without him and better for it.

On a side note concerning other teams I was wrong about Sheva, I thought he was good for 20 goals in the EPL alone this year. I don't know if he lost it Veiri style or the pace of the league is too much or he just hasn't fit into the system there but I thought after the first goal of season on the first day it was off the the races, boy I was wrong.

2. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I don't anyone predicted Sheva would suck so badly...

3. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    You thought they'd be that close?
    [​IMG]
    :)

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    :eek: on the Newcastle-Chelsea game.

5. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Things that come to mind right now is Ruud, I was sorely missing him and was in the status of "the jury is still out" until the season got going, but on the note of Ronaldo, I supported that bastard to come through and have a beckham revolution via 98 wc.

6. omar_mufc

omar_mufc Member

Oct 19, 2004
    i was wrong to think that djx2 had the talent to make it at united...

7. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
  8. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I always knew we would have a better season than the pundits predicted (which is not saying much as some predicted we would come 5th :)).

But no way did I think we would be challenging for 3 prizes again. I thought Ronaldo would not survive in England after all the winker crap. He really has shown a level of consistency and focus that I did not think he had in him.

I also thought we lacked a DM and a replacement for Ruud and it would keep us short of getting a big prize. Who knows, this may yet turn out to be true.

But whatever happens in the next few weeks, no-one can deny that this team has played with a style and a verve that we have not seen from a United side for too long.

9. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I am not a wrong
    I am perfect
    I am the best
    If you want to win, join me
    If you dont do not want win, not join me
    I am make a no mistake
    I am the special one

10. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    You owe us a prediction before every Chelsea game from now on ;)

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I was wrong with my debut Rooney 'bashing' thread on BS. In fairness, a lot of what I wrote was correct but I am happy he is here and living up to his potential. The sacking thread remains and should be bumped in light of not substituting a clearly injured Ferdinand. I did not think a midfield of Carrick and Scholes would be able to function, so apologies on that front. If anyone else can remember any of my wrongs then please post them up.

12. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    The funny thing is, before our 1-0 victory over them last season I was saying the exact same stuff.

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Fail to make a sub that 9/10 managers given the timing would not have made until at least halftime = sacking. :rolleyes:

Face it, you were wrong. No other manager would have got this much out of our squad this year. Very few would have also made the bold/brave move of selling van Nistlerooy, too.

14. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    There was also this

15. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One of my first posts on BigSoccer was concerning Carrick, and the fact that the player just did not justify an 18 mill price tag and just was'nt ManUtd quality.......I am now beginning to feel I too was wrong.

I've criticised him on many occasions during the first 6 months, but recently I think he's really stepped up to the plate, and any success we do get this season, probably would not have been possible without him.

I hang my head in shame, and ask for forgiveness. :eek:

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Biggest mistake would be grilling Ronaldo in the summer..

17. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Someone on that thread wanted to let Ronaldo rot in the reserves.....

18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I was wrong about Giggsy and Ole, and how good we would do this season (but then again, who wasnt wrong).

I was wrong in EVER doubting Fergie.

Anything else, I cant remember.

19. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I was among those. Mea culpa. :(

20. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    Yeah, Teso's gloryhunting days with West Ham were pretty short-lived. :D

21. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm Happy to be wrong! :D I didnt think we could come back into the tie after Kaka's second goal. Cue wayne Rooney

22. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I would also like to say I was wrong about Fletcher. My God he's been sensational this month. Lets hope he keeps this up for the rest of his career with us.

23. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shoot me. I hope I continue to be wrong and the winning keeps coming at the best times!!!!!!!

24. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I admit 100% defeat on Darren Fletcher. He is a God amongst men. I was wrong about him completely and totally. Did I also mention I was wrong about Fletcher? :p

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would also like to say that I was 100% completely right about Fletcher from the getgo.

Oops wrong thread.