The Hunt Family can Kiss My Ass

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Checked out thecrew.com lately?

Well, neither has anybody else. Engineering News Record is about as likely to have Crew news as the "Official Website".

So we have a case of a "Professional Team" in a "Major Sport" that just hired a new GM and gave their head coach a new contract.

What does the club's "Official Website" say about these developments?

NOTHING! Not one single, solitary goddam word.

These people slink around behind closed doors like they were the Politburo and we're all "Kremlinologists" who try and figure out who's in charge from photos taken at parades.

If Hunt Sports doesn't have the decency to be embarassed by this behavior then we'll be embarassed for them. What a joke. What a disgraceful way to a act.

Really "BIG TIME" huh? Really PRIME TIME!!

Just name me another "Major league" operation that hides everything they do. It's just disgraceful.

Not a Press Release, not a picture, not a word from the )gutless weasel) ownership. Nothing.

The messsage is clear: Don't ask questions, you have no right to know what's going on and they sure as hell don't care what you think.

I just cannot believe that ANY team in ANY sport thinks they can treat their fans this way.

What a small-time bunch of cartoon clowns these guys are. Take them seriously? Hell no need to take them at all.

I've got better things to do with my life than try to follow and be a fan of a team that refuses to even PRETEND to communicate with their fans.

Screw them all. Screw you Hunt Family. Kiss my ass.

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I second the motion.

3. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I think the Crew news is buried within the construction index section.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    No contract has been signed by either party.

Offers are on the table for both to be retained, that's all.

I doubt we'll hear anything about them being signed until...

Jesus's Birthday.

5. IrishCrew7

IrishCrew7 New Member

Really, then maybe just maybe Coach dumbarse will take it upon himself to not stay in Columbus because he know's or has to know that he is hated as much as he can be hated!! Not only that but coach of the year means nothing when you team flames out like they did! He should have been let go just for letting the team somehow allow Sanneh to take that PK. Oh well I got nothing.

6. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hell I'm still waiting for my personal phone call from Lamar Hunt to ask me to purchase season tickets like he did in KC and my chance to ask him questions at a town hall meeting about the club like he did in Dallas last month.

I'll probably be waiting till the end of time for HSG to give a crap about Columbus. I mean why should we even be complaining, we have a SSS don't we? Yet, Lamar Hunt doesn't even give a ******** enough to show up to his own damn shim-dig 5th anniversary bash of CCS.

******** HSG and I'll pray Lamar gets leprosy until I get my damn phone call and Town Hall Meeting.

7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Working for Columbus Crew is safer than working for the State of Ohio.

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    He was in the hospital.
    Healthwise the man isn't doing well so maybe you'll get your disturbing wish. I saw him out in LA and he looked pretty bad.

9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be way off base - but I think it has less to do with Hunt and more to do with the GM.

We have the same owner here in Dallas and sometiems it makes me cringe. But in the day to day ops of running a team, it is the GM that sets the tone and keeps people on their toes. What Archer is talking about here is the basics of running a team and catering to its fans / customers.

Hunt has no business doing that and shouldn't be doing that. The GM should be. In Dallas we have had a slow purge of front office staff for the last 12 months. Those that stay are no doubt working harder and those who are new are working to prove themselves. It is Greg Elliott that is driving FC Dallas and there in no doubt who is in charge, right or wrong. Luckily, its been mostly right since he got here.

I am sure it was Elliott's idea to ask Lamar Hunt to attend the Town Hall meeting to show teh fans his dedication to the well being of the team. It was Elliott's idea to start the Town hall Meetings in the first place. If you're not having meetings and Lamar Hunt is nowhere to be seen, my guess is because your GM is not asking. I can name several if not all MLS GM's off the top of my head - but I have no idea what the name of your GM is.

Lamar Hunt is no George Steinbrenner - but he is no Horowitz either. I think you guys just have a lousy GM.

10. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Our future GM is currently to busy considering how many mascots should be in each side during the mascot soccer game at halftime. If he has time he'll be considering what percentages our marketing budget on crap adverts with past it defender Frankie Hejduk and Freddy Adu twice a year should be.

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club

Personally, I think acquiring the rights to Grimace instead of Big Boy, was a massive mistake.

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    and don't give the coach a pass, either. i mean, who's idea was it to play that big subway sandwich out wide on the right? he lacks pace and his crosses are deplorable. and, i mean, i know he's a hometown product and all, but dammit, if crewcat's not gonna get stuck in, he shouldn't even be out there. i swear, it's like nobody upstairs gives a rat's a$$ what goes out on the pitch at CCS!

geezus, you folks can bitch.

13. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that is not team news because...

14. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Big Boy is an outstanding keeper. Rumor has it Brad Friedel trains with 'Boy in the off-season.

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Big Boi hasn't been capped by Croatia, you must be thinking Slovenia.

16. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Big Boy has obviously been capped by Croatia and, unless he's carrying a green card, he probably demands too much salary and an SI slot. Grimace is more bang for the buck, most likely.

17. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    I have a hard time believing GA didn't run to the stadium to sign his new contract. I mean, it's not like he has any other coaching options out there. Unless of course Columbus Raccons U-7 needs a new coach.

18. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He thought Grimace was Sigi Schmidt and signed him to replace GA...

Actually if Grimace's last name starts with "A" we've found our missing link in the chain of genetic fabric (or wool blend) linking GA to another muppet - Fozzie.

Creepy.

19. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't normally give up rep to non-Crewfan posters, but this is very well done.

20. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gotta confess that was my first thought too:

"Yeah, well listen John, your offer isn't bad really - it's definitely in the ball park. To be honest though we've got a bunch of other people who I promised I'd listen to before I made a committment. I should have an answer for you in a couple weeks"

I would think it's more like:

"OH MY GOD!!!! You mean I can still have this job???? GIVE ME A PEN!!! QUICK!!!!!!!"

21. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can only hope and pray he'll have the decency to throw himself upon the pen and end our misery.

22. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

maybe. but then perhaps he's a sadist (or masochist?) and secretly loves the fans chanting "sack andrulis" and sticking pins in their greg voo-doo dolls.