The history of Radiohead

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Mattbro, Oct 28, 2003.

1. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    *Yawn*

One music geek is mad that his taste is not taken as seriously as another music geeks taste. Big deal. A Radiohead fan could write the same thing about his favorite band (if he had actually said what it was), and we'd all yawn the same way.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    "You're such a spineless little sheep. You can't think for yourself. You are completely incapable of saying 'No'."
    "I guess you're right."

3. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I thought that this fellow just had something wedged up his ass, but the above let's me know that he is truly a wise and thinking person whose all encompassing opinion I should value to the exclusion of thinking for myself. Well done!

For the record I think RH have releases some utter crap, but they've also released some top notch tunage.

4. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I liked Radiohead before they forgot they were a rock band.

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    They're no more a "rock" band than the Clash were a "punk" band.

6. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are some bands where you listen to the record, wonder what the hell the big deal is, and a fan of that band will inevitably respond with "you have to see them live to understand". Radiohead are that band. They rock like a motherfucker in concert even when the guitars are put away and they're playing bleeps and boops.

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'll second that. "Powerful" is not a strong enough word.

8. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another fan of somethingawful.com! I'm a big fan of PhotoshopPhriday myself...

9. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, I thought "Creep" was a pretty catchy tune, but then they became the bastard sons of Roger Waters and shot right up to the top of the "Hilburn-Rock" charts, IMO.

10. Rambler

Rambler New Member

May 6, 2003
    I listened to OKC last night, and a sad thought came upon me. What a fcukin great band they could have been. With the direction they took, someone in the band needs to be fired

11. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    The author of that piece is a warning to us all. Take music so utterly seriously, and you can become a bitter, sad twat like him. I admit, I can get a bit like that at times, but I guess it's a lifestyle choice for Dr. David Thorpe. Radiohead are do seem to be up their own arses, but they haven't nuked Washington DC, or injected babies with AIDS.

12. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Aw, come on. He's not being entirely serious with that article.

13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Exactly. I thought he was trying to "outdo" the svckass, fawning Radiohead boosters - just in a negative way.