The Hangover

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by fernb8, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hilarious. However, the last little bit with the over the top shoot outs and what not kind of messed things up slightly for me.

2. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I haven't seen the Hangover but I've read some reviews on it and it sounds good. After some pursuing I found a few gems from the actor Zach Galifianakis' cousin Seth. ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWbobiutvxM"]YouTube - Seth Galifianakis interview[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8KhamioXE&feature=related"]YouTube - Seth Galifianakis Interview Outtakes[/ame]

Watch them in order (a bit long but well worth it).

Watching this I wonder why I haven't seen too much of this guy. Quite funny. I've heard that the are making a US version of one of my favorite UK shows, Peep Show. Zach would be great as Super Hans but I also think that I could be a great Jez. Hell, if he shaves the beard he could be a decent Mark Corrigan :D. Anyways, funny guy really hilarious.

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Galifianakis made that movie.

4. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis can (!) be comedy gold. I found this one to be quite funny:
    <object width="512" height="328" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_5ef1adb57b"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=5ef1adb57b" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="512" height="328" flashvars="key=5ef1adb57b" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_5ef1adb57b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:512px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5ef1adb57b/between-two-ferns-with-zach-galifianakis" title="from Comedy Deathray, Between Two Ferns, Natalie Portman, and Zach Galifianakis">Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/between_two_ferns">Between Two Ferns</a></div>

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    good news for The Descent fans.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJu_P5mMEHE"]YouTube - The Descent 2 [Official Movie Trailer] 2009[/ame]

6. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    While it'll probably be entertaining, the whole premise seems kind of stupid. Why would they go back down there? They don't believe that she's telling the truth?

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, sequels are usually dumber than the original, with the exception of a handful of movies.

I think the premise is that the authorities think the women are still alive and want to rescue them.

Apparently, Juno is alive, although looks a bit mutated.

8. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's horror, no premise needed

9. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's hilarious, the whole audience, well the ones that watched the first film, knows they're all dead. This just becomes a tragedy waiting to happen. Wait, Juno was the evil girl the blonde one abandons at the end of the first one right? We heard her screams at the end as the other one ran into the day light.

Anyhow, I have a feeling this will be all too similar to other horror sequels where the same formula is used with a different cast, minus one or two returning characters like Final Destination 2 and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. Granted, the latter was good.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I still think Juno got the short end of the stick. Sarah was wrong.

Thing is, we really don't know what happens to them, so it's up to our interpretation.

11. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are awesome, both in my small DVD collection (I don't watch a lot of movies tbh).

Also, if you liked The Hangover check out "The Goods"... comes out in August. The trailer is hilarious and has a few guys from The Hangover and Will Ferrel has a part as well.

12. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's a funny thing. The whole incapacitating her seemed kind of forced, especially when that girl dying from the neck wound told Sarah Juno was having an affair with her husband. I was sitting their thinking "How convenient..." It was a cheap way to justify her actions in the end.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What? I thought she was such a sweet, innocent pregnant teen in that movie.

Wait, are we talking about a different Juno?

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    LOL, yes. We are talking about The Descent.

15. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Juno (in the pregnant teen version) was a knob. What an awful film. Speaking of which... Hot Fuzz. Not funny. Awful. Really, really bad. Pretty much the only bad thing Simon Pegg has EVER been involved in. It seemed a proper lazy, rushed job, especially when juxtaposed with the brilliantly envisioned and crafted Shaun Of The Dead, which is absolutely one of my favourite ever films, comic or otherwise.

DC - not even Infernal Affairs/The Departed? I think Scorcese's version is the best film I've seen in the last 10 years.

16. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good shout, that is definitely up there. Excellent film that I need to watch again.

17. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I still watch Jaws and enjoy every f*cking minute of it. One of the best.

18. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Pianist is one movie that had a bit of awe to it for me. I think when i first wtached it I didn't say a word(rare for me) and when it was over was like Wow.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Exactly.

Difference b/w The Pianist and Schindler's List is the visual depictions of scenes, which were a lot more brutal in the Pianist. Schindler's list plays more to deep emotion and Spielberg used different color in the film to portray certain important events and/or emotions.

I was full of rage and even shed some tears during the Pianist and this is coming from someone who has read a lot on Holocaust and interviewed few survivors for research paper. (I'm not even talking about knowing some).

Life is Beautiful is also a fine movie.

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that the Italian one? My g/f swears by it and I just got it

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yes, with Roberto Benigni.

22. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    So you guys could really use a random stuff thread, or an Obama broke my hand 2 or something. Didn't know where else to put this.

I was told by billyireland to come this way and ask sdr about this: When I was in Cork, Ireland I saw a chicken place called hill billy's chicken. Has anyone ever partaken in this awesome chicken place? Any good? I wanted to eat there for the hell of it but never got the chance.

[​IMG]