the group of diving

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by vancity eagle, Apr 17, 2006.

1. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    not only is this the group of death, but the group of diving. This group has Robben, Drogba, and the whole Argentina team. I really hope that no unfair penalties are given in such a tough and close group.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    are you trolling or being serious with that futebol comment?

3. Jacinto

Jacinto New Member

Apr 13, 2006
    England
    the argentina team are not all divers. ill accept the fact that you dont know much about football but dont call all these players divers. its a part of football and has been for years, thats what makes it such a great game, these scandals and poor decsions that are given make football what it is.

4. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    so your givng an excuse for diving.

5. EHB1

EHB1 New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    ...if someone is caught diving the ref should be allowed one swift kick in their balls, the next time 2 and so on.......

6. ASUXLOP

ASUXLOP New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Texas

Are you kidding? This is one of the few things which keeps it from being the "beautiful game" it is supposed to me. The sport might be even more popular if not for this. I don't know how many times, non-fans complain about this when we talk about soccer. Faking and bad officiating which frequently influence results. Game should be based on skill and tactics, not the skill of faking (my favorite example..Rivaldo 2002).

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the American players (except some past teams where they had a lot of naturalized players from other countries) tend to fake less than anyone else? I'm not just saying this because I'm a USA fan. I'm also a Polish fan and they fake like the rest of them. This might be because the soccer world has accepted "faking" as in the post which I am quoting; whereas, as the US is not steeped in that soccer tradition. I'm not saying it doesn't happen..it just seems like a lot less and not a lot of rolling around in agonizing pain (unless it's real).

7. The Wanderer2

The Wanderer2 New Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Donovan does his fair share of embellishing. I've seen him roll around a few times.

8. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    I hope that you are not serious.

9. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Diving? please!. I don't think there is a single team where the players dont take dives, fake injuries, try to influence the ref, etc...even ronaldinho, the greatest player in the world right now, has been sent off a couple of games for diving, shat! dont tell me that Rooney its not a filthy player also, why do you think they hurt him? Retaliation for his foul on John Terry. Players unfortunately try anything they can when desperation hits, thats up to the ref to punish it or look the other way, but that players are going to try whatever it takes. You got to be a naive narrow minded tunneled vision moron or called vancity eagle to think that others don't try that joke or maybe a 12 years old kid who still believes Batman is a good guy and lives in New York.The bottom line is, in the end, the best team always prevails. You can't cheat your way in every single game, all the way to the final, thats a fact. not even with the help from the ref. If you are not the best, you will stumble eventually somewhere. This does not mean that there will not be mistakes on part of the refs, the champion of the tournament never makes it there pristine and clean like I imagine you think your team will vancity. All teams make it to the final with some degree of controversy, just because the FIFA doesnt point it out or the tv commentator doesnt say anything does not mean they got there perfectly clean. It all depends on who you ask.

10. Top-oss

Top-oss New Member

May 8, 2006
    the netherlands, Oss
    We named "diving" after the German word "schwalbe"...wonder why:rolleyes:

11. Slim Pickins

Slim Pickins Member

Jun 24, 2000
    Portland, Oregon
    After today, you can add Eboue to the list.

12. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes it was the flop of all flops. Puyol didn't even touch him.

13. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Unfortunately, it was effective.

14. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But the good guys still won.

15. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    Michael Owen does not play in this group.

16. meininki

meininki Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Actually, "Schwalbe" means "swallow" (as in the bird).

[​IMG]
    :D

17. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    yup, the good guys, in the league were "divers and cheaters rule, La Liga" :rolleyes: what a bunch of bull that statement is indeed.

18. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What did Barca do that upset you so much? Were you pulling for Arsenal and lost a bet or something? La Liga does have their bad characters but you can't just assume every player in the league is like that. Visca Barca. Let's just drop the arguement.

19. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    Nah, i wasn't hitting Barca or La Liga, I was criticizing that statement about it from EPL fans. I love the EPL alot, but it's ridiculous when people say things like that. I got no prob with Barcelona at all. Didn't write correctly to clarify, Igot no prob with Barcelona or La Liga at all.

20. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Its all good man I wasn't trying to start anything anyways. Yeah its true that people always seem to dog on the EPL which IMHO is the most entertaining league to follow. Cheers.