The Great Sabo Debate

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by n1xhere, May 11, 2012.

1. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at the stats for all those players while they were here. Who is on top? Sabo. You're asking for a high goal scoring rate when MLS really isn't known for that. If a team wound up with a player averaging 1.0 goals per game, after a couple of years I'm willing to bet they'd be leaving to a team in Europe. If you just don't like the guy that's fine, but don't bash him on production and ignore everyone else on the team past/present that has done worse than him. It's insane.

He's the type of striker that really doesn't cover much of the field and I'm fine with that. There are plenty of other past greats that played a similar style as a target man/poacher and I doubt you saw their fans upset because they 'plodded along'. Van Nistelrooy and Ibrahimavich are a couple that played a similar style I can think of offhand.

Once again, If you hate him because you don't like him, that's great. We all aren't going to be in love with the same players. But if you want to hate based on production, then your list needs to include everyone else stinking it up by comparison.