The Great Manchester United Excursion

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Dec 15, 2005.

1. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
  2. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    wow those guys are douche bags, they give americans a bad name. Makes me more than dissapointed to be from this once great country.

3. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    Meh, not your fault, tbh, I really could (and probably should) have left earlier, but i felt like a lazy ass. :p

LOL Don't mention it again, when that Brummie guy turned around to heckle at John, I practically soiled myself. All part of the fun i guess!

4. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree... those guys are definitely bags of douche

5. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What in the hell is going on?

6. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    No, no, no, its not the World Rivalry section its the soap opra section. If i was in the fight i would have used my favorite:

"Yo mama is sooo old that she gangbanged with the Hebrews."

That would have stepped it up to a junior high plateau. :D

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just back from the Megawhore, it was alright but we were hesitant to get anything with "Vodafone" on it since the sponsor changes next year. Which actually makes things better since it allowed us to avoid buying Nike gear.

But anyways, the highlight was definitely our trip to Red Star Sports (Red Legends). Great guys there, the proprietor Angelo and his buddy Nick as well. Talked all sorts of football including about Gl*zer, soccer in America, where the club is going, how the club and supporters don't always get along, and all sorts of United history including the Red Army, some of the great matches they remember, away supporters, and their experiences avoiding Arsenal fans at Highbury after travelling to an Arsenal 2-6 United result some years ago. :D

Really class guys, and apparently friends with Pete Holland who is chairman of MUSCUSA. I picked up some badges (pins) and a couple fanzines, while Johno got a blue Euro Cup final "Best" shirt (they didn't have my size, but I'll try the website). We'll post some pics when we get the chance.

8. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Great stuff, how are you enjoying Blighty fellas?

9. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice. Lots of, uh, rain and um... Asians. Yeah... :D

But its been nice overall. Had good times and met some good folks. Now to tip toe around that little Tube strike in London...

10. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I bet you've got sopme stories to tell!! :D

Which city has been the most ...interesting for you since being here?

11. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, London is always an amazing city. I think the saying goes, "when you're tired of London, you're tired of life", and that I can understand. There is an incredible amount of diversity there, and something for everyone. It's not tough to lose yourself there just wandering the streets and finding something.

12. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I think thats why so many stars are making their permanent homes in London. Everyone loves london. The only thing that I dont get is why English people have sooo many great beers to chose from yet they lovvvee Budweiser? :confused:

13. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it was weird that before the Brum match, we were drinking at the hotel and saw folks drinking stuff like Budweiser and Corona. Guess people like their alcohol cheap.

14. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    They aren't cheap.

Cheap is stuff like Fosters, Carling and Carlsberg.

Other than Leffe, Duvel etc Bud and Corona are pretty expensive.

15. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Carling Premier!! Try some before you guys leave..only at select pubs mind. It's the tipple of the man who likes classy lager!!

16. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Never heard of it.

BTW the reason people drink Bud so much is that it's heavily advertised, same as Carling.

17. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Amen, Carling was my favorite when I was there. I plan on going back this summer for a month. Any suggestions on great stuff to see that I probably didnt see the first time(besides normal tourist stuff like big ben, etc.)?

18. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Really, I saw more advertisements for Carlsberg and even Stella than I did for Carling?

19. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    [​IMG]

Very rare though, like I said :p

Customer Reviews
    Author: sharnie keen Date of Review: 02:18:34 Sat, 09 Jul 2005
    Review: This is the ultimate drinking beer!! If you want a smooth creamy pint that tastes superb then this is the beer for you, next to no bubbles so no gas or bloated feeling.
    You will love this beer, try it today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Vince Date of Review: 08:04:39 Mon, 06 Dec 2004
    Review: The Carling Premier smooth drinking Lager is the best ever lager i have EVER come across beating all others in its league by miles, its smooth and slightly creamy flow make for a great taste and easy on the tastebuds, with fewer bubles than most i can drink this till the cows come home, as the lack of increased gass makes for a less swelled stomach of air allowing replacement of a pure cold glass of CARLING PREMIER. one draw bak is iths cheaper in the supermarkets at 12 cans of 500ml for £10

http://www.thebackpacker.net/worldbeers/carlingpremier_1678_worldbeers.htm

lol

20. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I spose they all campaigns of massive advertising and then slower periods.

Carling and Carlsberg are probably the biggest advertisers on average.

There have been hardly an Bud adverts on for quite a while.

21. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Premier piss is still piss DS, surely even you know that ;)

22. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I'll have to put that one on my list for this summer.
    thanks DS. Or should I say Cheers. ;)

23. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Tch blasphemy!! Does taste nasty if you let it get to room temp though!! 'best served chilled' and they aint kidding.

24. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Cheers :)

Funnily enough they usually sell Premeier in it's own glass with premier written down the side, well engraved..those glasses are very rare...people ...take them as souvenirs!! ;) ;)

25. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    best thread ever.