The Gameplan

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Wizardscharter, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Old business:
    *People calling for Bob's head --->Shut the ************ up! You're understandably p'ed off. Get over the red mist, open your eyes, and engage your brain. Less than 18 healthy guys playing every 3.5 days for 3 months all over God's green. They are as broken down as they can be right now.
    *Brunt --->He's a rookie, he's not Garcia. There is a reason he's the 18th guy. Relax a bit on the puppy. Note to the puppy: There is no more time for you to be a rookie. Note to BG: It's past time to make him understand this.
    *Klein and Fabbro are apparently hurt or being saved. Tony and Garcia are back directly. Simutenkov and Guti have been gone and should be out of form, understandably. Everyone on the field was basically playing out of position for at least a portion of the match. Preki is 39 and playing every minute. He'll look different against Colorado. None of the preceding is fatal or permanent.
    *For The Record - Preki was right about going to Mexico. I blasted him. Obviously, I was wrong.

New business:
    If I'm CJ and BG, First agree that the team has a limit and has reached it. Must prioritize. #1 - Health. #2 USOC. We decide to look at the CCCup as a dead issue. The playoffs are almost a forgone conclusion, but not quite. Either way, it's for later. Plan the schedule to maximize the USOC.

In the meantime handle Garcia's out of soccer problem, if one. Make it a non-issue. Also figure out a way to convince Brown that a game is just practice with more colorful clothes.

Schedule: A loss in Milwaukee is bad, but clears time later to rest for playoffs. Consequently the "B" side plays at LA and you take what you can scrounge. All hands on deck for Milwaukee, no quarter, pride, us v world, all that. Call up everyone possible from A & D3 for friendly in Rocester...screw them. Diego does not see the field, period. Bo plays. Get through it and come home. The best lineup plays for 45 v Morelia. If no joy, then heavy subs. Nothing to lose here. Depending on the look of the MLS table and whoever is left standing and healthy {it will be fewer than today}, you play Chicago accordingly.

2 weeks rest, restoration, practice, healing, no planes, maybe a USOC game in Columbus, and retooling.

Top 11 for Colorado home and away. Money time. Mistakes are not acceptable.

Under no circumstances should anyone do anything not aimed at improving the image in the mirror. It's mirror time gentlemen, what do you see?

2. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    well said

but, I don't buy the fact that our boys are just over worked right now. What about last year, we played like crap then, we are still playing like crap even with all the new blood. We never have a forward up front and our lineup is different for every game. There is no cohesion amung the team. This all points to lack of preperation and or coaching.

3. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: well said

No, that's injuries, fixture congestion passport/visa problems, and releasing two forwards early in the year.

The game plan should be to find a way to attack a stacked middle of the pitch. It would be alot easier if Quill would play to his potential.

And frankly all of this talk about cohesion is premature. Are there real internal problems? Maybe, but right now its all conspiracy theory.

Speaking of conspiracy... Luke, where are you? :D

4. SoccerNutScott

SoccerNutScott New Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Olathe, KS
    Holy Crap, I am not sure If you and I have ever agreed on much. But I totally agree with you on everything. Well said.

5. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Re: well said

If you want to pick out sombody to blame for the above start here: Go with CJ for trading Henderson. For me almost every problem, except schedule, has roots in that trade.

Maybe, tough to tell on 3 days rest. My main response to what you post above is to ask you when have you seen KC play with as little skill and speed all year? I don't think we have seen that this season, even when SJ won 3-0 KC looked like the better team for much of the match. To me that points to fatigue issues rather than tactical coaching. I think they had the will, but at some point in the game the bodies just couldn't respond to the minds.

I need several Sols and a day on the white sand after just flying from here to StL to Cancun. KC has done that and more 2-6 times every 8 days (plus games) for 2 months.

Another thing: We lose to Santos and don't go to Mexico, don't start the string of over-fatigue and cards, and I don't think we're having this conversation.