The future of broadcasting--Kudos to A&M

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by David, Nov 15, 2003.

1. David

David Member

Jun 2, 2000
    Congratulations to Texas A&M for their live video stream of the A&M-SMU game. If you had a fast connection (DSL or broadband), you would have found the broadcast remarkably good. I also found their announcers about as fair as I'd expect a "home broadcast" team to be--they were knowledgeable, promoted their team, but didn't fall prey to myopic boosterism.

There was no charge for the initial broadcast. The A&M-Duke game at 2:30pm EASTERN STD is also scheduled to be broadcast
    http://sports.tamu.edu/AUA_live.php

I liked the feed of the A&M-SMU so much, that I encourage you to post your admiration if you saw it. I'd be surprised if the A&M folks didn't see this. I'm sure the broadcast didn't come cheaply to them (no user fee and no ads).

(MOD--feel free to post link to Broadcast and Media board)

2. CAFAN

CAFAN Member

May 30, 2003
    I saw the broadcast too. Best I've seen yet. Not perfect, but good enough sound and video to easily follow the game. :)

3. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    The broadcast was excellent. I've watched some volleyball matches on the web this year(Hawaii, BYU, Penn State), all were good, but the quality of this feed surpassed them all. Hopefully other schools will look into doing this, great way to promote the sport and for fans to get a better gauge of what's going on. Live stats and audio are nice, but nothing beats the video feed. Well done A&M.

4. pantone159

pantone159 New Member

Oct 12, 2002
    Austin
    I did not get to see this broadcast (unfortunately I was watching Texas lose in person) but I think that the Aggies really have done a fantastic job with their website, in general.

Much better than Texas. It pains me to say that, too.