The Future is Now! Ajax 2021-22 Season

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I managed to watch the second half and, in real time, I thought the ball stayed in-bounds. When I saw the top-down view, I thought it would be overturned, but the more I think about it, the more I think that was just parallax and the call was correct.

Either way, I think it was due to the lack of a crowd, but I thought the game was sleepy and Ajax were a bit sloppy. Nonetheless, it's great to have taken full points on the road and to be on top of the table again. 538 now has us at 92% to win the league. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/eredivisie/

richsavare and Orange14 repped this.
  2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Brobbey is out for six weeks with a knee injury. No word on whether surgery is needed.

3. No, they just need to equip the ball with geo tracking sensors, so you can always be sure about where the outline of the ball was. Visual aids only work when the field of vision isnot blocked.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  4. It was worse than that in the second half, especially in the last twenty minutes it was chaos in the defense. Only the fact that PSV hasnot got hitmen saved the day.
    This Blind would have been badly exposed by Madueke. Pure luck he was in both matches against Ajax injured.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #605 Brilliant Dutch, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    At least Haller should be back for Benfica match.

Lets hope Egypt or some other team knocks IC out quickly so he can get a nice rest

6. They're gonna go into the final, but every match will be one with 30 minutes extra time:sneaky:

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Even if Haller came back exhausted, you would still finish 3rd like you always do

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

8. See you at the end of the season, mate.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Quite right and looking up at the mountain top as usual!

10. This time it will be a pleasant sight, as it's empty and waiting for us.

11. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Terrible news. Very unfortunate

12. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Blind seemed even more sluggish than usual. I was surprised at how glaring it was.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax and Juve have reportedly agreed to terms on the transfer of Ihatteran. He is expected to start out with Jong Ajax as he is not match fit at the moment.

Ajax extended the contract of Kristian Hlynsson who has already played in two cup matches for the senior team and scored.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just hope it all works out.

Way too much talent in him to go to waste

15. wynaldaisagod

wynaldaisagod Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Aug 9, 2019
    I appreciate Blind's passing and leadership but against good teams like PSV, his lack of pace really shows. This is why I hope we just hold onto Nico.

I can't believe Ihattaren is only 19. This is a good risk. ten Hag has proved to be tough enough to not take crap from guys.

Curious if we will see Tadic as the 9 a bit. Brobbey injury stinks but at least Halle will be back soon. Also good it happened before we moved Danilo for whatever we could get for him.

16. I'm a bit worried after the last part of the PSV match defensive showing of Ajax in the light of the confrontation with Benfica.
    I didnot watch the PSV vs Benfica matches, so I dunno how their right side (RW/Midfielder/RB) are attacking wise, but I don't think they're scrubs.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sporting have much better FBs than Benfica and Ajax dealt with them OK; same with Dortmund. EtH is smart enough to figure out how to provide cover for weak spots in the defense.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jong Ajax captain, Youri Reeger extends his contract to 2025. He played in the last two cup matches for the senior side. While he is nominally a MF, he has seen a lot of action at RB and perhaps like Mazraoui may transition to that position.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  19. @Orange14
    This post has nothing to do with football, but might be interesting for you and others.
    Dutch television is broadcasting a series about the Mayflower, called "In het kielzog van de Mayflower (In the wake of the Mayflower).
    Now someone has put the first two episodes on Youtube. It's mixed with Dutch and English parts, so you can brush up your Dutch!!
    Part one

Part two

aveslacker repped this.
  20. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I’m extremely happy with Ihattaren move. Hopefully he can get his career back on track. Who knows maybe even reach the World Cup.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ihattaren loan is finalized; 12 months with an option to buy. He will start out with Jong Ajax but I won't be surprised if he doesn't quickly move up to the senior team. 'If' Ajax can help him get back on track this could be a major signing.

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I think Ihattaren has technical skills to be a really good player. He will need to get stronger for sure, but he is not terribly small, skinny or short (like Aissati). And already plenty of first-time club minutes in his young age. Obviously what's in between his two ears will be the make-or-break for him. Let's see if he can get his career back on track!! It would be a true comeback story for him, and a massive get for Ajax.

Orange14 and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  23. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I’m happy about Ihattaren but he’s not a Neres replacement. With the Bergwijn deal seemingly dead and with Brobbey out we are a bit short on forward depth going into a pretty crucial stretch of the match calendar.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax registered Ihattaren for the Champions League. Think about how cool it will be when he gets the match winner against Juventus in the final!

BPBlueSox, BTV802 and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  25. I wonder if Juve will get into the next round against Villarreal.