The first official world futsal ranking is out

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by persiantiger, Nov 8, 2003.

1. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

2. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Mods, please move this to the "Who the fvck cares?] forum.

3. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    You mean here?

4. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
  5. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    lol i just was gonna say it

6. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zico, Robinho, Diego, Rivelino and many others played futsal. It’s like riding a bicycle in the kitchen. It´s only for gifted players.

Ronaldo Attributes World Cup Goal to 'Playing a Lot of Futsal'

RIO DE JANEIRO (1-12-03) - FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldo attributed a goal scored during the 2002 World Cup to skills developed playing Futsal.

The Brazilian star was asked specifically about a goal against Turkey, which the interviewer described as a "stunner".

It was the play in which Ronaldo toe-punched his shot successfully past several Turkish defenders when there was seemingly no opening.

[​IMG]

(Photo: Ronaldo scores after a brilliant solo run against Turkey. Courtesy, FIFA.)

"It was a difficult move because my way was blocked," Ronaldo told fifa.com. "Nobody expected me to do it. It’s a difficult technique to shoot the ball with the point of the toe and you don’t see many players try it.

"But it was just instinctive, and I owe it to playing a lot of futsal when I was younger."

This isn't the first time that Ronaldo has paid tribute to Futsal. He said during an interview at the 1994 World Cup in the U.S. that Futsal was his "first love". In fact, all of the Brazilian greats, from Pele to Ronaldo to Zico, grew up playing the sport.

http://www.futsalonline.com/interview.html

7. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    I wasn't saying that futsal is a stupid sport...simply that no one cares what ranking a national team is in it.

8. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Lol.
    England are ranked below such luminaries as the Dutch Antilles, Oman and my personal favourite, civil war ravaged and famine stricken Somalia.

surprised wildman hasn't sniffed this one out yet.
    This table clearly shows err...something.

9. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Who cares. The only reason this thread was created was to prove that Iran is actually good at something.