The first crack in the armor of our enemy?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Twenty26Six, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who knows the Premier league will probably tell you that most significant player Chelsea have had is WIlliam Gallas. Of course everyone knows about his long, drawn out battle with the club. This past week it culminated in him joining Arsenal as part of the deal for Ashley Cole.

These are the initial parting shots from both sides, and the first serious words of discontent out of the CFC camp. I got to say this really makes me happy. They have been "one big happy family" [or so it may seem] for quite sometime. May this be the crack that blows the levee and releases a flood of unrest.

Gallas on Mourinho

Chelsea on Gallas

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    'tis the season ('06/'07) of their discontent....!

But which side tells the truth?

3. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chavski are being amazingly petty. I'm sure Cashley Cole must have threatened something terrible but Arsenal have put his transfer down simply to they being unable to match his wage demands, which the Stamford Bridge outfit could equally (and credibly) have done. And moved on. Now we are going to witness a very public slanging match and, hopefully, some airing of some soiled linen.

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You know, I actually believe Gallas on Mourinho....

So much for looking out for the interest of his players.....

I think Arsenal got the better end of the deal here. If I were Chelsea I would do whatever it takes to hold on to Gallas, especially since he is so vital...I mean Carvalho is not nearly as good as Gallas and neither are any of their other defenders.

5. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I think both teams got the worst of it, because both teams don't really "need" either player. However useful they are.

I think Gallas is right in that Mourinho is a task master. I think the problem arises from Mourinho expecting too much out of Gallas perhaps, bordering on perfection. Gallas mor ethan likely being a talented player scoffed somewhat at Mourinho's exceptionable demands.

No matter how good a player or coach, if they demand too much of each other, the situation will get sour very quickly.

6. stanaccrington

Jan 4, 2005
    Maureen: i dont want a.cole
    then signs a.cole

Maureen: any player that wants to leave can leave
    then tried to force gallas to stay

Maureen "i saw rijjkard enter the referees room"

Maureen "how can i be at a meeting with cole when i was in italy"

Maureen "i am not interested in cole, he is too small, i am only interested in defenders who are at least 5ft 11"

Maureen is a proven liar. Chelsea change the rules to suit themselves. Basically just a bunch of cockney wideboys, with stolen russian money.

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The great thing about Gallas is his ability to play either as fullback or CB and Arsenal need one of each really....Senderos is injured and Arsenal's weakspot so far into the season has been their defense. THey need experience alongside Toure and now that Cole has left, Gallas will fit in real nice in either spot.

Bridge on the other hand has been one of Chelsea's best players so early into the season and Ashley doesn't have that versaitility.

I have a feeling that other Chelsea players have issues with Mourinho that they most likely don't want to bring to the forefront.

8. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Storm in a teacup, to be honest. If anything, this will force those remaining at Chelsea to close ranks for the season.

If you're looking for cracks, mind, then it's between Mourinho and Kenyon that you will have most luck.

9. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unfortunately for Liverpool, Man United is also a better team and so far look more likely to win the title than Chelsea.

Liverpool haven't been title contenders since 1991.

10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Welcome back, Sir Isaac Newton. :rolleyes:

11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You sir have far, far too much time on your hands and nothing except your admiration of Liverpool to keep your feeble mind active.....

12. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Will you please stop humping our leg?

13. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    please..........what a laugh

14. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In: Carrick [yawn]

Out: Rossi, RVN

Wow, let us fear them!

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    With three games gone, eh?

I wonder whether you were on the United boards a couple of seasons ago offering a similar prognosis to the regulars there about Bolton?

Factually inaccurate - in 1995, 1996 and 2002 we were contenders in reality until very late in the season and in all the other years since 1991, with the exception of 1992 and 1999, we were contenders in principle in most eyes. You're confusing the final league table with general perception as each league season began and progressed.

But we do, as ever, thank you for stopping by. It's always amusing to have a Bitter share their thoughts on what it takes to win trophies with us Liverpool fans.

16. stanaccrington

Jan 4, 2005
    Come on be fair, it probably took him all day to think it up and type it on the web, with progress like this we may get an actual paragraph from one of them.

17. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    :D
    I wonder how many times he had to hit the "Preview Post" button.

Flying pigs crashing in flames at the Battersea Power Station.
    [​IMG]
    Compliments of Pink Floyd

18. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

19. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Um, yeah. But no one's arguing that in the period under consideration Liverpool have been better than United. That would be absurd. You appear to be having an imaginary debate with ... yourself.

With regard to whether or not we've been contenders for the title, that's been covered.

20. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, my first post in this thread.

21. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I know it sucks that Everton is no longer good enough to be in a discussion about our competitive enemies, but you're clowning yourself.

22. Carragher23

Carragher23 Red Card

May 4, 2005
    I agree with what you have written except for the above. Arsenal clearly needed a centre back, someone who can organise the back four, someone who will offer the youngsters at Arsenal support and advice as well as being a role model. Not only that but Gallas is also able to play at left back, which is an added bonus for Wenger. Also you can't forget the £5m on top of Gallas. Kenyon screwed Chelsea over again. Chelsea have Wayne Bridge who has been unluckly with injury and has always been a gifted player, I don't see why they felt the need to sign Ashley Cole.

23. Carragher23

Carragher23 Red Card

May 4, 2005
    Man Utd have certainly started off the better team as they have collected the full nine points and we have collected four out of six, with a game in hand of United, but we shall see who is the better team of the season when we face United at Anfield and Old Trafford and who finishes higher.

I'd like to congratulate Everton on beating an under par Spurs and beating relegation battlers Watford, you're proving to be a force to be reckoned with.

24. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My main contention is that Gallas is less of a "compliment" than others would be. Also, when Senderos comes back Gallas may go to RB or LB[where he has said he doesn not want to play], where he would be usurping Eboue, Lauren, Clichy. All of whome prove to be valuable members of their squad and needn't be replaced.

Gallas is great, but Arsenal were the last team that "really needed" him. I think it was a wise investment though and they may sell him [or someone else] in due time.

25. Kaynem

Kaynem New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    UK
    What about yourselves? Lets talk about Everton? Whens the last time you were title contenders?

Yeh thought so...