The FC Dallas Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ielag, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got around to watching the Bayern World Squad documentary from this fall. Tarik Scott features prominently as one of the top two or three performers while being one of the youngest on the team. I've linked the final conversation with him below (14:49 if the timestamp doesn't work). They invited him back for the following year - spoke about being impressed with his toolset and versatility. Also pointed out that maybe he's not used to the speed of play and training at a club like Bayern.

Episode 6 is another good one to watch as they put him through some technical benchmarking (came out about average for whatever the comparison group is) and he had two goals and an assist in the friendly.

Boysinblue, TxEx and gogorath repped this.
  2. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    '08 Andre Saucedo highlights package from the summer.

4. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (If this is correct) Outman continues to get callups to this team. Gotta be one of maybe three or four kids to make the roster for every one of these camps.

Also called up: reigning ECNL U15 POTY Evrit Fisher, a local #6. Gonna be fascinating to compare him and Ian Charles (the kid they brought in from VA to be the #6 for the ‘07s; maybe provisionally cap-tied to Puerto Rico?) in the coming years. Hickman too to a lesser extent. Did they pass over the better player in their backyard?

5. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evrit’s the best 07 in Dallas and it’s really not close. Best of luck to Dallas on trying to get him, damn near every single MLS club has inquired about Evrit and have been ignored, he’s europe bound the second he turns 18

Bryce Outman is a clear late developer but shows obvious quality and reads the game at a faster rate than the others, if he physically catches up he will be very good. After him I think the best 07 at Dallas is Caleb Swann and a pretty big gap from there

6. Ctrl Alt Delete

Ctrl Alt Delete New Member

Man City
    United States
    Dec 21, 2021
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Evrit isn't going anywhere away from Coach Pedro.

I'm curious if you have any thoughts on the players that have been a part of large recruitment class the last two years in the 07 age group at Austin last year , RSL and FCD this year. Obviously players brought in to each team that were highly thought of prior to joining by the club but all 3 clubs haven't had many call-ups. To keep it specific to this forum, how do you think the U16 team addition at FCD has impacted those players. A significantly new group compared to the last two years. IMO, several high level players. But....has not playing U17 impacted their growth and/or recognition from USSF?

7. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the u16 age group in MLS Next needs a lot of improving, as does the u19 age group. It isn’t just an FCD problem. Some players aren’t ready for the u17 physically but instead of dominating u15’s it’s better if they stay in their own age bracket at the u16 level. If you have the resources to fund it then by all means consider it! However, an extra age group at the club is a big expense for an academy, if none of the kids end up on the first team I could see them quickly scrapping their u16’s

Ctrl Alt Delete repped this.
  8. ww54

ww54 New Member

Mar 10, 2022
    The U19 group seems to be an afterthought at this point ... Kind of a space holder to get them off to college ... Far fewer games & no real development if they don't get time with North Texas.

9. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think FCD sees it that way. They're still investing heavily in bringing players for that age group. Maybe it's mostly a staging group for NTSC, but they're stacking the roster.

In other U19 news, Nolan Norris and Tarik Scott both follow up signing their homegrown deals with call-ups to the US U19s (Scott's first call-up). Nighte Pickering also on the roster for the first time since his call-up last spring. With the U20s still looking for a true ST, both Scott and Pickering have an outside shot at a U20 World Cup berth if they impress.

ww54 repped this.
  10. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d consider both to be extremely doubtful to have a chance at the u20 World Cup roster this year, neither are the level two play up 2 age groups at the YNT level. Tarik Scott maybe has a better chance than Nolan. Them being in this camp signals that they’re more likely in the pool for the next u20 cycle which would be very reasonable for them

gogorath repped this.
  11. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, Norris has basically no chance apart from a bunch of injuries ahead of him. Was just pointing out that USSF still seems to be looking for a #9 for the U20s, and Pickering and Scott being in camp with Yapi and Sanogo suggests they might have a chance. "outside shot".

FCD's article on the call-ups mentions Henry Canizalez made the final camp with El Salvador and Malachi Molina went with Jamaica. The qualifiers in February are shaping up to be a busy tournament for FCD watchers.

12. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I know this play is slightly out of our age range (late 2000), but this signing is interesting. Kind of out of nowhere. Texas born and raised, and played for Solar. Moved to Dinamo Zagreb in 2019, and bounced around a little in Croatia. Signed to FCD as depth. Low risk. Maybe you find something there.

Ctrl Alt Delete and gogorath repped this.
  14. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New NTSC coach. Kind of a wild journey to get here. Obviously the Valencia connection probably helped get Estevez comfortable with him.

Wonder if Michel continues to stick around? He's been passed over twice now for this role.

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Has the background we'd expect for this kind of gig with FCD. Always good for FCD coaches to speak Spanish. :)

16. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018

If I were him I would rent instead of buy. That NTXSC coaching job has not come with a lot of job security historically.

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Kind of the way it should be.
    If you're excelling in that job, then you're going to get opportunities up the ladder (like Quill).
    If there's an issue.................you're getting a quick hook (like Kah).

I mean, this guy Cano has been everywhere. Life of a coach.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The more I look at this current FCD roster, the more I think Kamungo is gonna get a real shot.

He could be a sneaky guess in terms of "thread eligible breakout player" on the youth boards. I don't see him listed a lot. We'll see...............they don't have much depth on the wings or forward.

With FCD and Jara agreeing to terminate his contract, they do have a DP and international slot open. Let's see how they use it. The slot could close. After Ferreira, they have no proven players at forward. And Ferreira could be gone a lot with the USMNT. I'll be curious to see the Colombian 20-year old Mulato.

But overall the roster looks like last year's. Not much of an upgrade anywhere at the moment. Just swap out Hedges for Ibeagha, and that's basically the squad. Based on how Hedges played last year, that's a downgrade.

[By the way, it looks like Eddie Munjoma and Kalil ElMedkhar from last year found new homes. Munjoma with Phoenix and Kalil with Loudon United. Awesome news that those guys can keep the dream alive!!! Blaine Ferri is with Tulsa. Guys I still don't know about: Thomas Roberts. Beni Redzic. Lucas Bartlett, the 6th overall pick in the 2022 draft..................]

19. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Che comes on at RCB in a back three at 1:07:47 as an injury sub for Kevin Vogt, who had been playing as the CB (the central defender in the three). Mostly starters for both teams at that point. Pretty soon thereafter it sure looks like Hoffenheim shifts to a 442 defensively with Che at RB (I first notice it at 1:13:15) but still a 343 in possession with Che at RWB (as at 1:14:03).

He scores on the play starting at 1:14:10. Great finish. Good awareness. Kind of a pinball sequence of events leading to the goal.

Not a ton to do otherwise. Bad foul at 1:18:20. He comes off with the rest of the first team at halftime (they played 75min halves).

20. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d guess Cortalessa’s there until Geovane shows up later this week. Still good to see him involved.

Anderson11 repped this.
  21. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Who is McCloud? What position do these guys play. The starting mids at Tulsa from last year are coming back so there may be a logjam there.

23. Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Nov 17, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bowen McCloud’s a young ‘04 that joined the Academy from Chicago a year ago or so - DM / CM. Both he and Aguilar (a DM) are now committed to go to UofTulsa next summer.

Wouldn’t really expect for them to start much their freshman years, but (not to get too wonky) Torrijos, Baena, and Jeffus all graduate after next year. There’s a huge opportunity for minutes in 2024+.

Runhard repped this.
  24. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Just curious. They did lose their 6 this year in Sache, but they carry a huge roster and lots of players there. I am not sure but those three guys you mentioned may all have COVID years so they may have two years of eligibility left and not one. COVID year eligibility has been piling up college players.

But agree, there is always room to muscle your way in at any college program.

25. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The next Carrera in the pipeline. Goalkeeper Juanito Carrera.