The "Explain Fear's sig" thread...

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Kim-GoBeat!, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Okay, Fear. You are constantly changing your sig and I for one do not understand the meaning behind most of them. I propose an "explain Fear's sig" thread...

The current sig is...

These Players ain't your friends!!

and

Jimmy Gabarra for WUSA Coach of the Year!

The first one... I don't think any of us hang out with any of the players other than post game stuff or volunteer engagements. Do They consider us friends? I don't know. I would think it would be like a fan-friend thing. I, personally, only know three of them well. Hmmm... Mia not returning your calls, love notes, etc...???????? ;)

The second one... I'm hoping this is sarcasm. With Abby and Mia in the line-up, I could serve as head coach and have the same results. So what is it? Sarcasm or legit Gabarra pride?

Any other interpretations for the current Sig???

This could be fun! Fear, put some weird sh!t in your sig and then we'll post our interpretations... then see who comes the closest to figuring it out! This could be a psuedo-sig thing for those who no longer have them....:eek:!!!

2. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I'll give this a shot:

First one: I believe that it refers to some PTHers on other boards (or maybe even non-PTHers) that assume since they got an autograph and talked to a player for 15 seconds, it means that they are friends, and will come over for their slumber parties (or heck maybe even some scissor grinding for the non-pther ;))

Second one: I believe that he's being sarcastic, it was in an article, last week maybe? that good ole-jimbo is up for consideration as coach of the year.

3. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Hmmm... pretty good, grasshopper! Now, what the hell is scissor grinding?? (I'm kindof afraid to ask, actually)... I'm in my 30's and not to up on the latest slang.

:: passes out at the thought ::

4. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    LOL, uhhh...*blushes at thinking how to explain tactfully*...ah screw that. SEX. ;)

5. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Yup!

Sarcasm. But also add to it that the Freedom beat SJ and are indeed legit contenders.
    Sarcasm+winning= A tongue in cheek coment by Fear.

6. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    :rolleyes:

Oh jeezus you people have nothing better to do than discuss FearM9's sigs- quote the lurker :p

7. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    :eek:

Ummm....thanks.

Wow...I'm impressed. You managed to say screw and sex all on the same line.

I just notice there are no longer "go to the last post" icons on the threads. Accident or a product of BS sucking???

8. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Ya Think they would be even more pissed if they knew we were eating KK's as we posted in this thread????????????

**alas, I can contribute no more here tonight, I gotta walk the dog (that is not symbolic for anything, my dog, Pepper, really has to take a leak!!)...later guys!**

9. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Well KGB if you kept up in the KK you wouldn't need it explained. :p

But I bet "they" knew what it was. :rolleyes:

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    :D

goofy is spot on. In the past two years that I've been here I've seen an innocent lil' autograph turn into a big "so me and so-and-so talked about blah blah blah and we are now bestest friends and I'm going to bake her some cupcakes" BS. It is ************ing ridiculous. It's stuff like that that leads to articles in SIW. :rolleyes:

And yes...Jimmy for WUSA Coach Of The Year!!!!!!

Ah one of the joys of paying $30.

11. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    But one wonders...what is he PO'd about?

12. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Airfare. Actually Southwest.

13. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Seriously, what's been more prevalent in WUSA - smitten teenage girl stalkers or smitten adult male stalkers? I've seen scary examples of both on discussion boards along the lines Fear is talking about.

14. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Let's not leave out the smitten adult FEMALE stalkers. Those are out there too.

15. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    :eek:

Look...it was just a coincidence that we ended up at the same hotel...and on the same floor as the Beat when we all went to the Carolina game.

Honestly, we were sooooooo embarrassed. We were afraid they WOULD think we were stalkers! I stayed in my hotel room until they left for the stadium and then we hung out in the bar afterwards. Marci, Dayna and Emily all came by at different times to chat...but we didn't bake them anything, so I guess we're in the clear, eh Fear?! :D

I will admit to being an adult female fan... but that's it...no smitten and no stalker here. Actually, the drive between here and Atlanta is getting pretty rough. I may not even get season tickets next year! I may get one of those mini-packs or something!

Hey, Fear...what is your favorite cupcake?? ::bats eyelashes::

16. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    For the record.... I aint never baked nothin' for them.

But i did stand there and holler at them for a bit. Might have pushed a PTH out of the way. :eek:

17. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    mmmm.......

I find it interesting that you'd think someone who has like 25,000 posts on a woman's soccer board is putting down fans....that can't be what fear meant! I think he really means, these players aren't YOUR friends?

18. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Re: mmmm.......

Who are you talking to? So you're saying his sig is a question??

Actually, he already answered. He said Goofy was right. We're just having a laugh...that's all.

Hey Fear...I hope you're working on the next sig!

19. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    LMAO! I must admit, I got a few autographs last year, but none this year. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the games!!

20. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Re: Re: mmmm.......

No, am asking if that's what he means(sacrasm).

Me too. Believe me.

21. piper

piper New Member

DW

Why are you here? Go away.

22. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Because I can be. If you don't like it, you can go away.

23. piper

piper New Member

Ooooh, Hammer don't hurt 'em. Be careful... you just might have a witty come back just like "nanananana" one.

24. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    I guessyou are right, if you read one sentence out of my post...and if you define witty comebacks as attacks on my family :)

25. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Back on topic.

Who's cheeks is he saying hello to?.... hmmmmm