The Draft Scam: No, Uncle Sam Does NOT Want You

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically, little leftie robots who believe whatever lie Michael Moore tells them, just don't get the essential truth here:

The military establishment would be absolutely APPALLED to be forced to take people like them.

The left's arrogance, which assumes that they are such clever and valuable little national assets, cannot digest the fact that the very last damn thing the US Army wants is little morons like stupordave running around.

These people enjoy having Michael Moore and "Rock the Vote" lie to them. Their business. Just don't bother the rest of us with your nonsense: the harsh reality is that, frankly, you're just not good enough.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/dhenninger/?id=110005914

2. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually bet a Kerry supporting friend that if Kerry was elected, we would have a draft in 2 years.

1. Kerry is the one talking about increasing teh size of the Army.

2. The democrats were the ones who introduced the draft language. Partly they did this thinking if there was a draft war would be less likely, but mostly I think they did it to allow them to spread the draft lie. (When the GOP, angry at the rumors, called the bill to a vote, Rangel cried that the republicans were playing politics).

3. The military voted 4-1 for Bush. I feared that if Kerry was president, some might leave the military.

4. Kerry used to support a draft. He wanted to require all high school students to "volunteer" for 2 years of military or civilian service. He would not have called it a draft. He would have called it something like "National Volunteer Service" but complusory volunteerism sounds like a draft to me.

5. And finally, the military does not want a draft. The military has been able to meet its manpower requirements, and was going to exceed them until the drat rumors started.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All true, but it misses the essential point:

The US Military is the best trained, best equipped and most professional amry the world has ever seen.

Conscript armies, particularly AMERICAN conscript armies, are notoriously inefficient, undisciplined and by definition both non-professional and unwilling.

The Pentagon has bo desire to go back to the Vietnam era drug-riddled, dissenting bunch of draftees it once had to field. Most of the command structure would simply quit rather than try to lead that sort of army again, and have said so.

4. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Let's qualify this to 'Since WWII'.