The Distract me from 2020s P&CE Thread Part Deux

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Jun 27, 2022.

1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But she waits there in the levee washes
    Mixin cocktails with a plastic-tipped cigar...

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    To those who think that Ringo was trash

"Let’s say, I think it’s possible for John and Paul to have created the same thing with two other guys,” Lennon said. "It may not have been possible for George and Ringo to have created it without John and Paul. OK?”

While a little harsh, it's easy to see why Lennon might have thought that.

The Lennon-McCartney songwriting partnership wrote countless Beatles songs that proved to be incredible chart successes. These credits included such songs as Love Me Do, Please Please Me and She Loves You to name just a few.

However, it's important to note that George Harrison and Starr wrote some massive songs on their own, as well. The former, particularly, penned some of the band's biggest and best hits of all time, including Something, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun and Within You Without You.

Lennon did go on to speak highly of the pair's musicianship, however. He said: "That doesn’t take away from the individual talents that they have. Ringo was a star in his own right in Liverpool before we even met. Ringo was a professional drummer who sang and performed and was in one of the top groups in Britain, but especially in Liverpool. So Ringo’s talent would have come out one way or the other."

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...aul-mccartney-ringo-starr-george-harrison/amp

blissett, Auriaprottu and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm the one on record here as not a big fan, but it's the era and style of rock drumming that I'm not a fan of, not Ringo in particular. He simply is the biggest name of the era. Not a fan of Keith Moon, even tho I like the songs they play on. I don't HATE their playing, but I don't love it, either. Bonham didn't suffer from that "hangover from swing style" playing they did sometimes. My ear gets acclimatized to a song overall, and I know when those guys recorded those songs, so it's all good. But I wouldn't choose Ringo to put in a band playing 70s rock. I would absolutely choose

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The first 40 seconds or so will do.

This is the kind of thing those earlier rockers did not have in their bags.

6. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Needs more cowbell.

Now I kind of want to hear what the Beatles would have sounded like with more cowbell.

7. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    NORML, Auriaprottu and Knave repped this.
  8. How about the Beatles themselves singing their top songs in German?
    I've got an LP that wasnot for sale, but was used as a gift for relations, German relations I suppose, of the record company. It's quite funny to listen to.

9. [​IMG]https://www.youtube.com › watch?v=6qAazPVLONM
    Komm gib mir deine Hand (Remastered 2009) - YouTube
    Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupKomm gib mir deine Hand (Remastered 2009) · The BeatlesPast Masters℗ 2009 Calderstone Productions Limited (a divi...
    [​IMG]https://www.youtube.com › watch?v=BEINqXtMLow
    When The Beatles Sang in German - YouTube
    This is the story of the writing and recording of The Beatles' German-language songs, "Komm, gib mir deine Hand" und "Sie liebt dich," better known in English as "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and...
    [​IMG]https://www.thoughtco.com › the-beatles-only-german-recordings-4075314
    When The Beatles Sang in German - ThoughtCo
    The Beatles Sang in German with Camillo Felgen's Help On January 29, 1964 in a Paris recording studio, The Beatles recorded two of their hit songs in German. The instrumental music tracks were the originals used for the English recordings, but the German lyrics had been hurriedly written by a Luxembourger named Camillo Felgen (1920-2005).
    [​IMG]https://www.youtube.com › watch?v=YmjnK4zTBhM
    Sie liebt dich (Remastered 2009) - YouTube
    Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupSie liebt dich (Remastered 2009) · The BeatlesPast Masters℗ 2009 Calderstone Productions Limited (a division of U...

10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I'm a big fan of classic Who but appreciate many of the drummers from that era. Ringo, Watts, Bonham, Ginger Baker, Mitch Mitchell .

This is peak Who IMO and one of my favorite live performances. Not exactly sure why The Stones had them on to totally crush it & make them look pedestrian in comparison.

luftmensch repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Who you having German relations with, FM?

12. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Tom Brady says he's really retiring this time. I guess this last year was worth his marriage?

13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    What did dude do to his face? lookin like Zoolander

14. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Never marry until your career is over. Tata Martino's wife is the reason he ain't still in Atlanta. I don't get why Gisele couldn't just let this man go to his job in the morning.

Sometimes jobs have an element of danger. You go to work, and you come home with your sword or you come home on your sword. Either way is fine, but quitting because your wife is scared you'll get hurt??? Injury is just part of combat.

15. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    vintage classic, Smurf.

Dr. Wankler and Smurfquake repped this.
  16. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Because she made just as much money as he did, and she put her career on hold and then he refused to put his away when they he had agreed.

I don't get why she didn't realize for years that this is who he was when she'd wake up in the morning.

I love you man, but your takes on women are just.... smh.

17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't know she had put her career on hold for him. He had no business asking her to do that, and she had none volunteering if that's what happened. She was a supermodel, and should have remained one.

It's not about women. It's about spouses in general. I know of instances where a woman was taken away from something she should have been allowed to continue doing. Marriage has no business doing that to people..

I don't think he's a good guy or anything, just saying that people should continue to do what they do for a living when they marry, unless what they do is run around on their spouse..

18. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The problem was not his career but that he accepted a transfer to Florida. She was the sensible one in this situation.

19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They were one of the highest-earning couples in America, had to be.

It's not like they had to live in FL. Brady could have flown in from ATL or NOLA. Hell, at this point, Birmingham's better than FL.

20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    And then you get pissed off at parents who don't have the time/can't be bothered to take care of their kids.

The ******** do you want? Every single couple who decides to have children has to make this decision. If you just want to call them dumb********s for having children, then do so.

You talk about these women you've dated that you have thankfully not stayed with. I'm thinking that the feeling is mutual, and that these women have dodged a bullet too.

luftmensch and soccernutter repped this.
  22. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There is nothing in any of my posts that should have you posting at me this way. I haven't denigrated women or any other group.

I didn't know they had children. That changes things.

How does that spill over into women and me??? Man, if something I say ever again triggers you this way, I'd appreciate it if, in the future, you'd say something before you get this angry.

23. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Hold on.....

You were completely ignorant about their entire situation, but felt the need to comment on their relationship and career choices? I just assumed you wouldn't comment if you didn't know.

soccernutter and xtomx repped this.
  24. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, I would not expose a child of color to today's America, or to the one I grew up in. But they aren't Black.

25. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I give up, rsl. You're gonna have to accept me as I am.