The Derby: Pre -> Post [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Frankfurt Blue, May 1, 2007.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    After slumping so badly against the Villa and the way United are playing right now, with the chance of a win against City almost guaranteeing the title for United (Arsenal - Chelsea the day after), I predict a mauling.
    The only chance is for United to be exhausted still from the away trip to Milan.
    Any positive feelings at all, fellow Blues?

2. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason, I don't know whether it's the booze or just me being incredibly stupid.... I have a good feeling about this match. If the mindset of our team is anything like that of its fans, then there is NO WAY that we want to be the win that clinches the title for United. I'll go ahead and throw this out there.... 2 - 1 Blues. Goals by Dunne and Beasley.

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    No Joey Barton for this one though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6612933.stm
    Manchester City have suspended Joey Barton for the rest of the season after he hit team-mate Ousmane Dabo in training, BBC Sport understands.
    Dabo had to go to hospital after sustaining injuries to his mouth during the incident at Carrington on Tuesday.
    Barton's agent, Willie McKay, was responsible for bringing Dabo to City from Lazio in June 2006.
    He told BBC Sport: "As far as I've heard, Joey was defending himself. But because it is Joey it makes headlines."
    McKay added: "It happens on training grounds all over the country, from Chelsea to Yeovil."
    City are currently refusing to confirm the identity of the player who has been suspended.
    A club statement read: "We can confirm that a player has been suspended pending an internal investigation."
    Former France international Dabo, 30, signed a three-year deal with City last year.
    Midfielder Barton, 24, won his first England cap in the friendly against Spain at Old Trafford in February.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    United will run the midfield ragged now.

4. South East Citizen

South East Citizen New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Exiled in Kent
    I agree, jesus christ Joey you could have left it a week :mad:

5. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad to be rid of him. I'm sorry Joey but you have not played well enough to get chance number 15 from this club. He should have been sacked after the cigar incident. He just hurt his value to the club as well, no manager in their right mind is going to give 5.5 mil for him now.

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sure was an ill-tempered match. :)

31 years.

7. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Oh dear. Well at least City lost by one goal.

8. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    For me, it was a match that was filled with passion from the fans and some players but some bizarre moments of decisions. I still dont know why we insist on playing 4-5-1 when we should have gone out trying to score and we didnt have many chances at all. Saying that, United didnt have many either and the only difference was who could score penalties and once again we fell short. Why the hell Vassell shot straight down the middle is stupid because its where the keeper is standing from the beginning and theres a higher chance that they will stay there or they can still get a leg or arm to it which was the case. The defence was solid as it has ever been through the season but our strikers were nowhere, although Mpenza had one decent chance he was isolated too often. We have to look to next season and prey that we do get investment and perhaps a new manager, because we could do with a whole new strikeforce apart from Mpenza. No other striker has shown that they deserve to stay and thats why we have to get investment - so the Corradis, Vassells and Samaras of the team can go and we get in replacements who can score goals...and penalties for that matter. We can't finish below 14th place now and our 1 last game is against Spurs away so dont expect anything from that! We also have set a new record in the Premiership history for the lowest amount of goals scored at home. A record breaking season! Who would have thought! ;) Just shows how bad our strikers are and how defensive and poor Pearce's tactics are

Taskin Shinawatra, if you are reading please take us over!!!