The David Dein is a worthless Cvnt thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Jul 14, 2005.

1. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Our observation on the fixtures issue is purely a factual one

Mourinho, also implied that Arsenal had tapped up Seville's Julio Baptista. . .which is clearly true.

3. gunnerdude11

gunnerdude11 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    den haag-for now
    Y A W N

If Jose is the "Special One" a fixture issue should be the least of his worries. You gotta admit, it is kind of ironic that the tap-king is calling out Arsenal for tapping up Baptista.

4. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Ahem...

Figures make Fergie and Jose look daft 18/07/05
    Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho's love-in about Arsenal's post Champions League fixture lists looks a little misguided, if figures sent in to F365 are to be believed.

We obviously lack the time or the motivation to check the figures but it seems that the Gunners have actually played a lower percentage of games at home on the weekends following Champions League games than either of their rivals in recent years.

Ferguson said: "Mourinho's dead right, by the way. You look at the fixtures Arsenal have after European games - it has been going on for years. I've been complaining about for seven years and no-one listens to me."

But over the last seven years Arsenal have played 53% of their games at home on the weekends following Champions League fixtures, while Man United have played 54% of their games at Old Trafford and Chelsea 55% at Stamford Bridge.

The full figures are as follows...

Arsenal: Played 64 - 34 home, 30 away. Percentage: 53%
    Manchester United: Played 87 - 47 home, 40 away. Percentage: 54%
    Chelsea: Played 40 - 22 home, 18 away. Percentage: 55%

Those figures certainly back up our own Philip Cornwall's research last week that Chelsea played in London after all six of their Champions League group games last season, while Arsenal faced trips to Liverpool and Manchester

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    but London, doesn't necessarily mean 'Home" to Chelsea. Stamford Bridge is home to Chelsea. ;)

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Truest words I've ever heard an Arse fan mutter :p

7. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    How true.

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "But over the last seven years Arsenal have played 53% of their games at home on the weekends following Champions League fixtures, while Man United have played 54% of their games at Old Trafford and Chelsea 55% at Stamford Bridge."

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    ok, i saw that, that's why i had a little wink after my post. Nevertheless, Mourinho was talking about this season, not the last 7 years. Jose thinks everyone is against Chelsea since his arrival, so the 7 years figure is really irrelevant here.

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    See if you had been motivated you would have used my own words like I did yours instead of making something up, time for you and your mate to exit now, do mind the gap, it will be far wider this year.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Interesting.

What are the figures for the past 2 seasons?

12. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've been in the Champions league for seven years running?

Sorry, I'm kinda new to the whole EPL thing. Just here for the glory. ;)

13. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Sensitivity folks!
    If there is one thing Zani hates is insensitivity. You all saw last season. After away games in CL, Arsenal were tired. FA/Dien are sensitive people, they decided to give them a break this season. You all saw what Bayern did to Arsenal in Munich. With Cesc playing Vieira's position and a new captain in charge, how do you expect Arsenal to be thrashed by Barca in Barcelona on Wednesday and then travel to Anfield on Sunday?
    That is mean. just plain mean and insensitive.:mad: :mad: :mad:

14. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No we haven't, in fact prior to Roman coming we were the annual easy draw in the UEFA Cup:D (bloody Viking Stavanger...)

We did have a good CL run in...was it 2000? knocked out by Barca in the end.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    mefinks 'e woz bin sarky ;)

16. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    What the OPTA analysis and other "facts" don't point out is how DD has been having a laff taking cheap shots at Chelsea. I would have thought a member of the FA wouldn't be allowed to comment in public about anything related to an investigation, even if it involves his own players (or perhaps especially so).

If the FA want this whole thing to get brutally ugly they just need to keep coming up with ridiculous new charges of "bringing the game into disrepute" against everyone who opens their mouth and honey, flower, lavender kisses and rainbows don't fly out. In other words, they need to keep doing what they have been doing and then, they will be investigating every club in England.

No one as yet, has explained how Ashley Cole got a six figure fine, while Antonio Reyes was taped thinking he was negotiating a deal with Real Madrid, but got off with nothing more than completely ruining his credibility with Arsenal fans, a punishment he inflicted on himself.

17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a guess, but maybe because only committing the act is punishable not intent to do so.

18. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Hardly !

Arsenal tapped up players before the Ashley Cole saga, and continue to do it today, so Jose is hardly "the Tap-King" especially as (100,000 pound fined) Ashley Cole instigated it...

But cheer up, Ashley has given Arse'n all his unqualified commitment by extending his contract......ONE year!!!

(that reads "oh ****! Nobody is coming for me, I burned my bridges with Chelsea, and no one else can afford me - it's World Cup time, I need to be in the England squad, I'd better stick around where I can get picked or I'll miss out for four years -this really sucks with the damn French clique, goddamit, f#cking Vieira quits and we get anothe f#cking Frog as captain in his place! Jesus ! will we ever get our club back? As soon as the World Cup squad is named I'm outa here")