"The Dark Side" on coloradorapids.com

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by greenie, Nov 17, 2004.

1. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Anyone else see catch this new column on the rapids site yet? It's stamped with yesterday's date, but I'll be damned if I didn't see it until tonight. Anyway, not bad. Would have been a lot more interesting read before the list was announced... but still, it's great to see something of substance on the site besides a press release.

http://coloradorapids.com/news/newsdetails.asp?ID=785

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think someone in the expansion draft thread pointed it out, but after the list was already posted. It'll be interesting to see how far this column goes and if they actually get some articles of substance together. Maybe an interview with Balboa on his new job, once he gets it. Things like that would be cool. Hopefully the author doesn't get tied to simply putting the company line out there.

3. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The link is dead. What is it referring to?

4. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an article written by a Rapids staffer on coloradorapids.com. It detailed the expansion draft rules and how they would affect the Rapids. Basically a prediction by the guy about who would be protected and who wouldn't. Interesting it is down since it said it was the start of a weekly column.

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    I liked the article and hope that this is going to be a continuing feature on the site. One that goes farther than just a press release. If it does that I will be a consistent and loyal fan, even if I don't agree with what it has to say.

7. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    FWIW that's the same link.

8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except this one works for some reason.

9. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Right. Because they're the same link. They BOTH work... :rolleyes:

10. Mr Hanki's Throne

Mr Hanki's Throne New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Wellington, Colo
    I agree. The first link didn't work, but the new identical link works much better, thank you.

11. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make that three...

12. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've clicked the first one a few times, it doesn't work for whatever reason.

13. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Both links work, put away the rulers boys... they are the same length. :p

I noticed the article, good premise, but it is going to get awfly boring if the FO action constantly contradict the stories in the future. This guy is in the organization, and if it is an editorial, they should state as much.

14. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must be a browser issue or something strange.

15. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see on the Rapids site though.

Thanks for the link(s).

16. Mr Hanki's Throne

Mr Hanki's Throne New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Wellington, Colo
    oooo!! oooo!! oooo!!

Capital "N" in "News" was required.

17. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX

Ah... yessssss, you are correct sir, -now calm down before you hurt something.

Bonji break out the ruler, apparently you win my a millimeter, maybe even a micrometer.

greenie. you have been shamed for your non "n" capitalizing skills. You have been warned, it has not been noted and nothing shall come to pass. :)

18. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love millimeters.

19. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    i could only be blamed for capitalization if i typed in the link. what am i, an amateur? :) copied it while displaying the page in my browser. sounds like a browser or routing issue, to me.

and actually, i don't think capitalization is the key difference causing the problem. the bigger difference between the two links is something that i noticed with the rapids site a long time ago but they haven't bothered to fix.

many users cannot see the site if they just visit http://coloradorapids.com -- they need to go to http://www.coloradorapids.com. (using "www" or not). apparently there are some DNS tables about that haven't been properly updated.

20. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh, greenie, you had me at DNS tables. *sigh* :p

21. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Shouldn't be a surprise. After all, my favorite Barry White song has always been "Gonna Give You All My Reverse Record Love."

22. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    And look your capitalization skills have already improved. You are a learn-ed man, sir.

23. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    Arturo's new column is up today....if nothing else, he's very verbose. That's a long column

24. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    I think his comments on the end about DLT are right on. Well as far as what the rest of the league was doing from a strategy standpoint. I often thought it would be better to have him in the midfield.

He doesn't touch on the possiblity of trade value for DLT and maybe that says something about it. It could be any one of the following; the trade value wasn't what we all think, the league mandated it, or the Rapids didn't think there would be a player made available that they would really want in the espansion draft and are still clueless when it comes to seeing the value of draft picks.

25. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Long perhaps, but a quick read as the subject was fairly broad and conclusions a bit simplified.

Two articles in a row where I kept expecting -- hoping -- that the author would somehow relate the subject to the Rapids, even if only for one or two sentences...