The cup draw thread.

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by prvev, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Tony the French

Feb 28, 2002
    French Rivieria
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It will be hard, but it's possible.

2. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to be a very interesting group. No bad teams, no teams which are likely to dominate it. It will be very difficult, but it is possible. Winning at home will be huge.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They got what they deserve after the horrible mismanagement of the Cisse situation. They needed their strongest team possible to survive this "group of death" and they dont have that now. You dont just give away 16 goals for nothing and expect to conquer Europe's elite.

4. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    L'om have huge task ahead of them. they need to win all home games. if they want to guarantee at least 9 pt and win 1 away game and that will it. it was stupid to let cisse go , what where they thinking. where are they gonna get an experienced strike for atleast 20 million (if he agrees) with european experience

5. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Liverpool are nowhere near the team they were last year, and Rafa has lost the plot.

OM and Madrid to advance.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Hey we all remember OM-Liverpool last year. OM won and dominated the first match with Ziani playing out of his mind and of course Liverpool dominated the return match. A lot will depend on if OM have any major injuries because they dont have nearly the depth that an English team can have.

7. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Liverpool are not the team that they were though they have HUGE advantages at the striker (no argument there) and central midfield (except if we're going to place Cana/Cheyrou in the same class as Gerrard/Mascherano, which I certainly think is quite a reach). And can anyone on Marseille defend against Agüero? I want our domestic clubs to do well, but this is one very big mountain this club has to climb.

8. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    but liverpool has more experienced players, OM doesn't, that can make a difference if teams are under pressure. thats what happened last season l'om couldn't keep the pressure when only 1 game was needed to advance to the next stage, and blew it away while we the more experienced liverpool players kept their cool

9. South_Winners

South_Winners New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    I think if have arrived well have had any defend our chance!

especially with a velodrome on fire

10. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Torres is supposedly going to be out for the first game.

Both teams have a big game that Saturday before the CL game. We have Bordeaux, they have Manchester United.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Rodriguez will be back and Givet didnt leave so the defense will be strengthened.

12. South_Winners

South_Winners New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    I am very content, yesterday I buy the Pack (Virage South) for the Champion's league :cool:

Price € 50 :eek:

Rodriguez will be too fair to OM Liverpool-based "La Provence" (Journal of Marseilles), but Valbuena could play

Gerets said that Ben Arfa may not be not play Bordeaux-OM and OM-Liverpool will not play one of these two match

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well I think they will need both Valbuena and Ben Arfa in order to beat Liverpool. You can get a good result vs Bordeaux without him.

14. DigitalFutbol

DigitalFutbol Member

Sep 27, 2005
    USA
    That's why soccer is so great....anyone can beat anyone on a given day. Although I do think it will be Liverpool who'll win.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    No Champions Leauge games for Gael Givet becauase he wasn't registered. The other 5 that werent registered are Civelli, Mears, Krstic, Cesar, and Gnabouyou.

16. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Interestingly enough, David N'Gog made the Liverpool CL squad. That's quite impressive, I think.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They were looking to offload some of those guys who were left off. I think they were looking to offload Givet somewhere but I dont think he was seeking a transfer and they didnt get an offer from Panathinakos that they wanted so now you have an unfortunate situation on your hands. I think if Givet really wanted to go there the deal would have got done.

18. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    My thinking is Givet will get a lot more minutes domestically this way.

19. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. I would have liked to have seen Givet in this squad, in case Zubar reverts to his old form and Rodriguez remains injured.

Oh, and while I'm here, I'll mention that we drew Sochaux away in the Coupe de la Ligue.

20. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besançon in the Coupe de France. Hopefully we take it seriously.

UEFA Cup draw on Friday. They'll do the draw for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

21. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The list of possible opponents for the next round is incredible. AC Milan, Valencia, Sevilla, Ajax, Tottenham, Twente, Galatasaray, and Deportivo. All of those are good teams, and a a couple of them are great.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Best draw would be against anyone not from England, Spain or Italy.

23. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wrong, apparently, it's Stuttgart instead of Sevilla.

24. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twente and then the winner gets Ajax or Fiorentina.

25. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we win today we'll end up playing Lyon, away, in the next round of the CdF.