The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread: Part X. [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, May 2, 2010.

1. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo is the best player in history but when it comes to making career decisions, he is the worst.

His moves to Juve and Man U were giant cagao's.

carlito86 repped this.
  2. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    It shows Ronaldo's human side. Went with Juve for emotional reasons after their fans applauded him for that goal/performance against them while still playing for Real. While joining Man U for the sentiment of where his international stardom first exploded. Can't necessarily win everything at the end

eurodad repped this.
  3. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Yikes, ManUre....

There's bad and then there's losing 0-4 to Brighton

4. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Man United have not won a single game without Ronaldo this season.

Ronaldo chose to sit out the last game of the season with a hip injury. He is probably saving himself for the Nations League.

Smart move.

With Mbappe & Haaland off the table for Real Madrid. You've got to wonder if CR7 will be going back. Real Madrid fans are campaigning for it on Twitter.

5. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Arsene Wenger:

"It's hypocritical to criticize Cristiano Ronaldo for scoring against lower ranked nations then praise Messi for scoring against those same nations. It's clear who the media has bias to and that's been the story since day one.”

6. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    IMG_7455.JPG

7. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #2182 prodigal_mind, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    I saw a good tiktok video where they showed Ronaldo has a much better goal scoring record against higher ranked FIFA teams than Messi does in competitive games. The newest narrative they are running is that Ronaldo has a lot of goals against garbage low pot euro teams.

The following is an analysis of Messi's international goals:
    - Total Goals: 86 in 162 matches
    - Breakdown of goals: Friendlies: 39 in 48apps, Copa America: 13 in 34apps , comnebol qualifiers: 28 in 60, world cup: 6 in 19 apps
    - Already it can be noted that almost half his goals came in friendly games. Now lets analyze who he has scored against
    - Bolivia (8), Estonia (5), Venezuela (4). Guatemala (3), Haiti (3), Panama (3), Hong Kong (2), Nicaragua (2), Albania (1)

The above makes up a grand total of 31 out of his total 86 goals. 36% of his international goals coming against terrible teams. I debated including his 6 goals against Ecuador or 5 against Paraguay, but tbh those teams are decent and I am trying to remain objective here. However, if Ronaldo had 11 goals against those two I am almost positive they would call them "shit teams"

TLDR summary:
    - 45% of Messi's international goals are from friendly games
    - 36% are against terrible teams.

Now keep in mind, Messi has always had multiple world class teammates in his Argentina teams. Other than 2004 and 2006, he has ALWAYS had a better supporting cast than Ronaldo. In Ronaldos prime, he had to endure the likes of Eliseu, Andre Almeida, Hugo Almeida, Postiga, Veloso, Lica, Queiroz and I am sure there is various more whos names escape me at the moment. Where as Messi nut huggers whine about him having to play with Aguero, Tevez, and Higuaín....talk about privilege.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I wouldn’t agree at all ..

On paper the Portugal squad is frightening compared to Argentina who still have Lo Selso and a fading Di Maria as a main players

9. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Right now I do think Portugal's team is better, my post was mainly referring to their athletic primes. A bit disingenuous to describe Di Maria like that though, he has been amazing for Argentina even in recent games.

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Last thing I heard he was trying to find a team for next year .. he’s been offered to Barca on a free !

11. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo apparently wants out of Man Utd and Jorge Mendes is now jostling for a move.

He was offered to Bayern but Bayern obviously cannot afford him.

Only a few clubs can afford his wages.

12. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's rich as hell and does not need anymore money, so why wouldn't he just take a pay cut to join them. Pretty stupid on his part if hes not willing to take a paycut to join a team where he has a chance to win CL (and if this happens he would win ballon d'or too)

13. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You can not believe all you read most is all click bait

14. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed. If he wants to win again on a top team he needs to be willing to take a pay cut. His wages cripple the team and leave them unable to make room for valuable transfers.

Yeah, but any sane player with Ronaldo's ability would want to get out of Man Utd. Especially at his age.

15. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #2190 Sumol, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Ronaldo has now asked Man Utd to allow him to leave the club if they receive a suitable offer. This is confirmed as two of the top journalists have reported it.

Bayern Munich & Chelsea are said to be the main suitors.

With Bayern, it seems like it all depends if Lewandowski leaves.

I am rooting for him to join Bayern.

[​IMG]

16. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Robert Lewandowski to Barca is only a matter of time according to FR.

This opens up Ronaldo to Bayern.

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It’s a done deal appreciate .. to be unveiled on Monday

18. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo will not be going to Bayern.

Bayern sounds like they really do not like him.

Manager, CEO & Sporting Director all said NO, and in pretty subtle disrespectful ways in my opinion :ROFLMAO:

Oh well, CR7 can take that as motivation. It looks like he is stuck at United with no Champions League. It will be a waste of a season but at least he still has the World Cup to play for.

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  19. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Ronaldo’s an idiot. His ambition is getting the better of him. Accept you are a old
    Man. Finish the contract with united then sign on a free with Sporting (doubt it) or go to MLS or something.

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Would not be shocked if Ronaldo ends up being loaned to Sporting this year

21. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

22. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Look it up, it’s already making the rounds

23. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo already dismissed it as fake.

I think the media saw his car in the parking lot and started to make up garbage for clicks.

24. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    He won’t join SCP because the league is obscure and he craves attention. Maybe when he’s 40 or so he might come but will it be worthwhile for SCP? I don’t know.

25. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Cristiano joins Sporting it would be really good for the league. It would be one of the most watched leagues around the world. Even with Ronaldo at 40.

Sporting alone would eclipse Benifca & Porto in social media followers. They would probably gain around 5-10 million followers.