The Court of Arbitrary Arbitration - Random Facts, Thoughts, Etc.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 24, 2014.

1. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

2. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I am hoping Mason Greenwood comes back. Unlikely but the longer this case is idle that tells me they are trying to fix him and get him back on track. Who is they? people around him.

3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    let's hope. we'll certainly need it.

let's also hope he is selfish too;)

jeff070 repped this.
  4. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Do I smell a wager here, Jeffery?

johno, SF19, jeff070 and 3 others repped this.
  5. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Yes. That is a wager. Lost the first one. The second was the USA at the World Cup. I'll do this one as well.

Chaz Striker repped this.
  6. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Why the fcuk would you want him back?

JayBoy repped this.
  7. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    You know he’s guilty of something?

8. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    At a minimum, he’s guilty of being an extremely shitty human being.

9. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Because humans deserve a second chance.

10. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Lolol

Here it comes. Get ready

JayBoy and jeff070 repped this.
  11. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

United 16 repped this.
  12. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think we need a 20 goal scorer in the league. I think if 2 out of Martial/Sancho/Rashford stay healthy we will be fine. We'll get a bunch of goals from all over the place. I think a great season for Tony would be 15 in the league because you just know he'll have a hand in a bunch of goals.

I'm trying to temper my expectations of him because it was just preseason but Tony's development has been seriously hampered. We've changed his role in the team from starter to rotation player to bench player and changed his position frequently. We've also not had a clear plan in attack for most of his time here.

I think the signs are encouraging. He's getting into the box, he's playing between the lines and he's even pressing. If the attack is functional and balanced (fitness of Dalot important) I think he could have a great season. I don't mean great for him, I mean great period.

The elephant in the room is that ********ing asshole Ronaldo ********ing everything up. If we kept him as a rotation player and a Europa starter I'd be okay with him staying but honestly, I want him gone. Mutual termination of the contract, pick up Ings or Watkins or some temporary stop-gap striker if we cannot get an attacker that fits into EtH's long term plans in this window.

FWIW I think Ronaldo will be replaced by a RW IF we happen to cut ties because a starting RW makes Rashford a rotation option at LW and ST and emergency backup RW if Sancho is also out.

14. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  15. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    But if Ancelotti was the manager, we wouldn't have a Cristiano problem. Ten Hag has to learn to deal with big personalities. How many weeks have gone by and ten Hag hasn't even spoken to him until very recently? The right way to deal with him starts with what Armas has said, engage with Cristiano.

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You mean the same Ancellotti who couldn't get James to play for him for more than half a season at Everton? That guy?

My guy... Ronaldo ********ed off and didn't go to the tour. His agent actively shopped him around. He then shows up for the last preseason friendly and says the king is back?

This would be horrendous if he hadn't bitched and moaned and talked about slavery the first ********ing time he wanted out of the club that gave him the platform to make himself a superstar.

United don't owe him a thing.

17. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    We don't know what's going on with Cristiano. It could be his family is not happy in England or that someone close is ill.

Fergie can cajole Cristiano, but ten Hag so far has shown he's unsure how to handle him. I think he made a mistake failing to reach out to him these past few weeks.

18. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Why should ETH reach out to him? He doesn't show up on tour saying he has a family situation. Then his agent is shopping him around. Is ETH supposed to go groveling to him begging him to come back? Ronaldo is a big boy, he knows what he is doing.

Chaz Striker repped this.
  19. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    People here constantly act like they know what’s going on in the club and what they’re talking about. Just because you follow a few twitter accounts doesn’t mean you know shit.

jeff070 repped this.
  20. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Some players, like Cantona, need to be handled differently from others. As I see it, ten Hag isn't used to this and doesn't know how to handle a player like Cristiano yet.

He needs to address the issues with Cristiano more hands on. Armas is not some pundit from the outside looking in. He said as much.

21. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    That’s my point, “as you see it” means ******** all. You have no basis for the opinion you’ve formed.

22. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Facts are ten Hag has never managed a player like Cristiano before. This is new to him. And his hands off approach so far hasn't helped to convince Cristiano any differently.

And Armas was on the bench last season, so he dealt with Cristiano. His advice was that ten Hag speak to him.

23. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Then they use the fake rumor as an excuse to bash a player lol

24. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    How does Chelsea fit into this hypothetical?

25. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    It's like I said. We don't know what's going with Cristiano. We don't know if he was using Chelsea or if he genuinely wanted to sign for them. I can't imagine United agreeing a fee with Chelsea anyways. As far as anyone knows, he has no release clause. He can't even buy himself out. As far as we know, United holds all the cards on whether or not he can sign for another club. They gave him an option to go on loan if he signed an extension. That was as far as United was prepared to let him go this summer.

If I can be more frank. I actually think he regrets leaving Real Madrid. Even this talk of him signing to Atletico was just a way to engineer a move back to Real.

Anyways, ten Hag is the manager. If he's really worth his weight in gold, he sorts this out. Either he tells board let him go or he convinces Cristiano he has an important role to play. He can let Cristiano rot on the bench too if he wants to be a real prick. So far, we've heard ten Hag say he wants Cristiano in his plans, but we're not really seeing how that's going to work out. He has to convince him if so.