The Court of Arbitrary Arbitration - Random Facts, Thoughts, Etc.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 24, 2014.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All social media accounts should have to be created with a national insurance number or proof of identity

jnielsen and benni... repped this.
  2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Agreed.

thebigman repped this.
  3. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent response from Bron regarding Zlatan's recent comments.

If he wants to stay in his lane and not get involved, that's his choice. But it certainly doesn't apply to everyone else...

4. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    “I do my homework”

*makes ignorant comment about Hong Kong

CybrSlydr repped this.
  5. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when will the EPL have a moment of silence and kneel at the start of the match for all the slave workers who died building all the World Cup stuff in Qatar?

6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zlatan's attack on LeBron James echoes the hypocrisy of the American right | Etan Thomas | Sport | The Guardian
    Baron Davis's response to Zlatan was pretty hilarious as well...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bron may put his foot in his mouth at times (who doesn't really?). But bottom line, when it's all said and done, it simply can't be argued that Bron cares about helping and improving his community. That will always impress me more than an egomaniac who constantly loves to refer himself in the 3rd person...

topnoevili and jnielsen repped this.
  7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Lebron should speak to the public about his views but also, how he condemned morey for speaking out about China was pathetic

benni... repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ******** Zlatan.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England pretty much exclusively hosting the Euros this summer will be a very likely outcome given the present situation. Simply very unlikely that the original plan to have the tournament being scattered all over Europe will still hold at this juncture...

11. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Dead to me. Wishing really evil things on him right now.

12. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Lol. Why are you so invested in this?

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You're a smart dude. You don't see the racial implications? Like sre we forgetting the world we live in?

Remember Laura Ingraham saying shut up ams dribble?

I don't know what Lebron said about China, that doesnt mean he can't speak on racial issues, BLM and the like (which has been Lebrons primary political focus the last 2 years)

14. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Ibrahimović has also voiced his own concerns about discrimination in Sweden in the past so i'm not sure what his issue is with Lebron.

and that's even before the voodoo slurs about Lukaku's mom

Naboomagnoli and benni... repped this.
  15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He doubled down and said that racism and politics are not the same thing. Spoken like true white privileged man.

He claims politics divide us. WE ARE ALREADY DIVIDED.

16. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I guess I just assume most people have the same opinion of Zlatan that I do. I'm sure Swedes are racist towards immigrants, but I also could see Zlatan making those comments simply for his own vanity (the racist claims against Swedish media a few years ago).

With the Chinese thing I was just poking fun at how he always says "I do my homework" or "I'm educated about topics", but then says some pretty stupid shit from time to time. I'm actually super impressed with Lebron's social efforts. I think he's a shining example of philanthropy & putting your money where your mouth is.

jnielsen repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamaica making moves.

18. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Jamaica isn't making moves.

most of these guys are only trying to play the back pocket card because want to jump ship to say they played internationally at a tournament after the England thing didn't work out. Aarons is interesting in that he's still so young. Jamaica will not say no though.

not a fan of the switch allegiance thing at all but those are the rules. then again the colonisers have benefitted enough anyway

19. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thought as much but didn't want to comment. Figure you were in a better position to do so.

20. Athlone

Athlone Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    This was my first response, but I'm not so sure. This all sounds a bit too good to be true so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm not going to bet on seeing all of these guys in Jamaica kits this year.

But you know the old saying: where there is smoke, there is fire. And the head of the JFF going on record confirming these players are not merely being spoken to (which is easy to claim, and was claimed with guys like Kalvin Phillips and Maitland-Niles and Mason Greenwood before - totally meaningless), but have actually started the process for a passport application...that is A LOT of smoke.

I doubt we see Aarons specifically. I also think that we will not see ALL of Toney, Hayden, Demarai Gray, Redmond, and Holgate.

But will we see, maybe, 2 or 3 of those names? That suddenly seems likely. And it would make some sense - Redmond, particularly, is way off the England track and going on 28. Holgate is good, and could wait, but is going to be 25 this year and seems well down the list at CB for England. Hayden is closer I think than Holgate given England's lack of depth at DM, but still a ways off. Demarai Gray is well off the radar and may also now have his new Leverkusen teammate Leon Bailey in his ear.

The case for Toney is weaker (why wouldn't he wait and see if he can't have an Ollie Watkins-type rise next season in the EPL?), but still...anything is possible.

And the rest of the guys (Roofe, Andre Gray, Liam Moore, plus Michail Antonio) are already known to be committed and ready to go - even by themselves, with no other names to be added, they are significant additions.

jnielsen repped this.
  21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    agreed.

i doubt we see any of them. applying for a passport means nothing. they can always refuse call ups if things change. plus the JFF is shambolic on it's own as is so i put little trust in them. Antonio said in an interview he's committed to England but if he u-turns it wouldn't surprise me either. it was bad enough we had to fight up with Bailey.

i am just not a fan of people magically rediscovering their heritage when it doesn't work out with a "bigger" country. when the JFF enquires when they're young it's always the "nah. gonna try with England/whoever" story. i honestly think this list is just sparked by the recent Ravel Morrison switch. i have a lot more respect for the African heritage ballers that despite growing up in France (and even playing U16-U21 ball) go with their African country from the start as in 19-22 ish.

these are the rules though

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting little nugget, given who Muhammad Ali was, what he stood for and what he sacrificed for those beliefs...

23. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Late reply to this.

Im 100% sure most people [especially white people] have the same opinion that Zlatan do. Im sure white people are tired of hearing us "cry" about racism, police brutality and racial injustice.

Thats the problem. Even if empathy will not solve anything, its is infinitely better than the condescending, ignorant remarks like shut up and dribble, stick to sports etc.

Athlone repped this.
  24. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I said same opinion OF zlatan not as zlatan. I thought it was pretty clear that he’s crazy and at the very least a narcissist. The question was a soft ball and he went into left field to reply what he did.

benni... repped this.
  25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lebron has every right to talk about blm and the blatant racist undercurrent in society

But he loses points for calling out morey for saying how awful Chinese treatment of the uigher Muslim people is

it’s hypocritical to back one oppressed people and not another, because it affects your bottom line.