The Court of Arbitrary Arbitration - Random Facts, Thoughts, Etc.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My friend let me borrow his 3DS. Any games you'd recommend?

Also thinking about getting a Switch...

2. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1777 JC7rox, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Depends on what type of games you like. I pulled out the 3DS to finally play Bravely Default, which I suppose is considered a JRPG. If you like retro, they "redid" Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (Legend of Zelda) for the 3DS. Ocarina is an all time great game and always worth a replay. Mario 3D Land is great as well.

I love my Switch. It has a lot of great games and it travels (in today's landscape, you can continue to play if someone else wants to use the TV, lol). The first party games on Nintendo systems are usually great.

Switch also has a bunch of retro games available in the eshop. Games like Final Fantasy VII to Sonic the Hedgehog from the Genesis.

3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Super Mario Maker is also good on 3DS and of course Smash Bros

Futbol_Head repped this.
  4. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Super Mario 3D world was quality on Wii U and they made a 3DS version called Super Mario 3D Land, so I imagine it'd be pretty good.

Animal Crossing New Leaf might be fun if you like something slower paced - my Wife is obsessed with the version that's out on Switch at the moment.

Futbol_Head repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jnielsen repped this.
  6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like a tortoise with narcolepsy, the wheels of justice grind . . .

8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Naboomagnoli repped this.
  9. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    We're setting a bloody good example of how a football club should be dealing with all of this, giving back to the community. To be honest it shouldn't be hard for football clubs to do their bit, yet so many clubs and players are making absolute mugs of themselves.

benni... repped this.
  10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed, but its also important to remember United are the top 1% in football in terms of money. The economic downturn is hurting everyone but we can easily afford to not cut player salaries and give a lot back to the community. And thats exactly how big clubs should act right now.

Want to see a big club not acting the right way? Like always, look no further than Barcelona. Shitheads have been living off bailouts from banks and with a wage bill they cant afford and now that the downturn has it, they've forced players to take huge wage cuts and will piss and moan until a bank bails them out again. Oh and in the meantime they'll try to get transfers done by offering teams players they dont want in exchange for the other teams top talent and try to dress it up like a fair deal.

Is my anti-Barca bias showing? I ********ing hate that club, how they behave, and how they are run.

Father Ted, United 16 and Naboomagnoli repped this.
  11. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anybody read A Life Too Short, the book about Robert Enke?

12. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    the Bundesliga goalie?

13. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the one.

14. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So, I've had Fox soccer channels on 1 tier of channels w/ Spectrum/TWC for about 4 years. All of a sudden this spring, I no longer had Fox Soccer Plus. When I called to find out which tier it had been moved to, I was told it's an independent channel, available at $10 a month. Uh, no thanks. I have a hard time believing the cable company made this move on its own.

15. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    AT&T has new streaming service ATT Tv but requires good internet connection you might wanna check that out...

jnielsen repped this.
  16. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have to record a lot of games. Rarely off on weekends.

17. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Im not sure but i think it has 500 hours of cloud recording..

jnielsen repped this.
  18. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I haven’t had cable for about 3 years, doing fine with Hulu live and yes can record to their cloud no problem.

jnielsen repped this.
  19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When I researched cutting the cord a few years back I ended up with YouTube TV. Haven't regretted it once. Best software, good channel selection, unlimited cloud dvr, and local sports channels. No complaints at all. Google just understands software and UI better than most.

I have Hulu in my Disney plus package and I'm constantly surprised that people could stomach that software for their everyday TV. It's such a clunky, buggy UI. The layout makes no sense. But maybe it's just the Android TV app that's shit and it's better on other platforms like Roku.

jnielsen repped this.
  20. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah I might try Youtube TV one of these days, as you say the Hulu UI isn't great, I have Amazon Firestick but I know its quirks now.

21. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have ATT TV Now or whatever it is called and I am honestly happy with it. I got it when it first came out as DirectTV Now and am on a special price for the highest tier so I am not going anywhere until they strip me of that. They just recently got license to air Dodgers games so whenever that comes back, I will be a happy camper because I have not been able to watch a non-ESPN Dodger game since they signed their exclusive deal with Time Warner/Spectrum.

The free DVR gives 20hrs a month of recording, but if you delete what you record after watching it, it gives you back that time. I don’t see it as a big deal unless you have to hoard all of the games of the week. I only watch United matches, tbh.

22. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    If you’re not using YouTubetv you’re wasting money.

23. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I heard AT&T doesn't work well if it's raining.

24. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $50 a month for Youtube TV... Assuming you're also paying a separate fee for internet, wouldn't that put you back further than a typical internet/cable package?

I have never paid for my own cable, so I'm not sure. Never been a priority for me.

25. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    $52 a month with tax. But I live in the city and I get CenturyLink 1G lifetime price for $45 flat a month. The I borrow Netflix and Disney+ from family and buy prime. It’s a well rounded group for ~$100 a month.

Futbol_Head repped this.