The Court of Arbitrary Arbitration - Random Facts, Thoughts, Etc.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  2. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I mean, he's ********ing 80 years old. This isn't surprising or even sad.

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    the son said he didn't do proper physio though which is why he can't walk on his own after the surgery.

which is foolish assuming he was capable but just stubborn

jnielsen repped this.
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1679 Ashur, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spanish reporter on getting CV-19 while on duty in Milan.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...of-contracting-coronavirus-while-covering-ucl

This article shows how easily the disease can be contracted and how fast it's been spreading in Italy (over 10000 cases reported since the moment it first came to light around a month ago).
    No wonder they're in lockdown over there. And with travel how it is in Europe, there's no telling the number of people who are sick. This is no joke at all.

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am pretty sure that the season will be disrupted. Do you all think we can do a draft of and when that happens to get through the down time?

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm happy to participate. There'll be a ton of down time. It isn't just sports (which is a huge part of what I watch and read) but also analysis of said sports and live programs with studio audiences or shows filmed in studios without robotic cameras. There's just a ton of stuff that will get cancelled.

8. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There was someone in the beautiful game forum that had a program that allowed teams to play against each other after completing a draft. Anyone remember who it was? That approach could be an option if he can help facilitate.

9. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On another note, how are you all doing/coping? So far we haven't had anything directly personally affecting us. As of now school district has not closed the schools. Today is last day before spring break so they may be delaying that decision to buy time for formulating a plan. Wife and I started putting together a plan just in case school is closed for a bit. Heck we even talked about what happens if one of us is laid off from our job. Not panicking but planning just in case.

How are you all doing? Hopefully none of you mutts are not I'll from this virus

jnielsen repped this.
  10. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I cant remember, will look it up. He never finished though, so i doubt he has time to help.

I loved it. You could actually watch games.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maryland is closing all schools for at least 2 weeks starting on Monday. K and I haven't talked about if someone loses their job but there's a near zero chance I lose mine during this crisis and if online classes are to remain prevalent, her job security (one of her skills is translating in person classes to online and hybrid models) is elevated as well. I guess now that I think about it, for job security we are actually better with covid than we were without it.

Unfortunately for me, I work in a cesspool, in close proximity with others and people can't stay home sick, even if they had the sick time, there would be consequences at work. Thing is, in January, I went to my boss about the situation and described what wold happen and how it would impact us and likely spread throughout our center. All we've got is more clorox wipes and a tweak in dealing with the public.

There's a non-zero chance I get quarantined at work indefinitely which would suck, but keep the folks at home out of the firing line (I can't see covid not absolutely lighting up my dispatch center given our proximity, how many shared surfaces we touch and the fact that people will not stay home if they are sick and nobody would know if they had covid19 anyway because there are no tests.

We regularly keep about 2 weeks worth of food in the house but we now have a corona pantry in the shed with an additional 2 weeks worth of food and things like rags and bleach (I'm not panic buying cleaning supplies because my best chance of not getting it is for everyone to have enough supplies to keep from spreading it).

I'm debating getting a chest freezer and a generator but those are two items we had on our list to get this year anyway.

12. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Honestly I'd have thought a month's worth of food is more than enough but then a lot of the time any issues feeding the general public are going to be manmade as a result of panic, not because of the virus itself, and I can't speak for how the mood is in other countries.

It only really occurred to me today that in so many countries, going to the doctor or the hospital with Coronavirus will cost a lot of money for some people, either leading to them not being diagnosed or not getting lifesaving treatment. Or of course being up to their eyeballs in debt because of something will affect billions of people. I wouldn't be surprised if public perceptions of nationalised healthcare go way up by the time we're out the other side of this.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I assume a month would be a great supply of food too, there's a chance I get sequestered/quarantined at work or in a hotel near work but if that doesn't happen soon enough, there's a chance that I get it, even if everyone else at home is isolated or someone could get it from a trip for gas or whatever. The issue is if there's some kind of state of emergency and movement is limited and then we get sick on top of that is the perfect storm I'm envisioning.

I'm probably overreacting but if you plan for the worst...

14. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  15. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    So, are we doing this draft or nah? Waiting til we go into full quarantine?

16. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Let fking do it

17. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Those c*cksuckers on the beautiful game forum started one and didn't invite us. @PDG1978 I think is in on it :p

@benni... Did you remember who had that draft game program thing?

18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    @poetgooner

19. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah, @poetgooner is your guy I think, with the help of Football Manager.

johno and J'can repped this.
  20. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok but I am still ticked off that I didn't know about your current draft. Yeah yeah yeah it posted a while ago that it was coming. Just easier to blame you :D

PDG1978 repped this.
  21. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Do we want to start our own Man Utd players draft? It's been years since we've done it.

22. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I reached out to poetgooner just now. Let's see what he says. If he can't then we do the United draft or a top four draft.

23. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Can we get a roll call for who’d be involved?

24. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My god, it's so hot in here I need to go watch Overmars goal in 1998 just to cool down. :p

I could run it, but what's in it for me ;)

In all seriousness though, it depends on what kind of draft you guys would be interested in. In the current FM2020, there isn't a good all-time database to be used yet. There is this one, which isn't great because it is based on PES, so all the attackers have really high aggression, while the defensive enforcers don't. :confused:

The easiest draft to do would be a current day draft. You can find every player in FM2020 here. When picking players, what you need to pay attention to are attributes, positions, and also players traits.

My suggestion for actual gameplay, each match you would pick your style of play, your mentality, and of course, you starting XI along with the roles and duties. Those three things give you plenty of control, without going into too much details.

We can do either league or cup competition.

J'can, benni... and johno repped this.
  25. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Roll call

I'm in

Would prefer a league

Would let poet gooner decide which version to go with. Don't have a preference and would go with his recommendation.

My only stipulation is that each player should have a default lineup. That way if anyone is late in getting there information to the organizer, he would just use the default lineup so we don't hold up the draft.