The Copa America 2011 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Nov 9, 2010.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And so it begins...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Copa_Am%C3%A9rica
    The draw for the competition will take place on November 11, 2010 in the Teatro Argentino de La Plata in La Plata. On October 18, 2010, CONMEBOL's The Executive Committee decided to place the teams in pots for the draw.

Pot 1 Pot 2 Pot3 Pot4
    Brazil Chile Bolivia Japan
    Uruguay Paraguay Peru Mexico
    Argentina Colombia Venezuela Ecuador

Dream Draw imo
    uruguay
    colombia
    bolivia
    mexico

2. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I like your dream draw Kidd. I am 100% in agreement with that possible choice of group, as I would love to see Bolivia face Mexico, but this time around with our REAL squad.

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^ Y tambien con un arbrito no comprado por los mexicanos. I'm still fuming over that game.

4. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree!!!! i hella want Bolivia and Mexico to play each other with our REAL squad none of that d team crap!!!! ughhh ever since Mexico beat our A$$es down last time i never heard the end of it from Mexicants here LOL!!!!

5. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :DThe mexicans are bringing their Sub-23 team with 5 over age players:D

6. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL i heard about that!!! it would be hella funny if they call up quazy moto....i mean cuautemoc blanco hahahaha!!!!

7. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's basicly their A team cause all their key players are younger then 23.
    Ex. Chicharito, Gio dos santos, Vela, Juarez, Barrera, hector moreno they're all 21, 22. Plus 5 veterans that would mean they could bring guys like Salcido, Marquez, masa rodriguez. These are their best players by far. So there definitely will NOT be any excuses.

Bolivia with Arce, Samuel Galindo, Marcelo Martins, Pedriel, Nacho Garcia, Nachito Garcia, Campos, Saucedo, Cardozo, Raldes, Marvin Bejarano, Chumita, maybe Roberto Galindo too.

8. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Personally I hope for a Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia group. :D Yeah I know....I'm dreaming!

9. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Call me crazy but I want to play all the toughest teams. So I'd want a group of

Argentina
    Paraguay
    Ecuador

Either way, I hope we get to open the tournament against the host like the last two tournaments. Us against the argis opening game in argi land with them wanting to avenge their 6 gol drubbing and the large Bolivian crowd there:D

10. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just want Mexico, I don't care who else. We could get the hardest group for all I care. I just want to shut up some mexican mouths on espn, fox deportes, and in general. I want Bolivia's A team to whoop Mexico's A team, that's all I want.

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    ^^^
    LOL, I don't get the anti mexico rantings by you guys, so they beat us badly in a couple of friendlies, big deal, we knocked them out of a copa america. We know the teams we sent and under what circumstances had it all stacked in their favor. It was just friendlies guys, and it was more about their federation robbing their fans of their hard earned money.

I don't care about them. I care about Uruguay who has absolutely owned us in qualifiers, Peru which keeps finishing below us and still think they're much better than us, Brasil who are a top team in the world and we do well against, and Argentina who blame everything on our altitude.

12. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude im Anti Mexican to the bone!! LOL!! they talk hella smack!! so i just want Bolivia to school them!! so they can shut the hell up!! :D I mean come on i live in Cali so its Mexico this and Mexico that it gets OLD!! GO BOLIVIA!!!!!!!!

13. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think i would like to have a few cervezas with Pollo. It's the same thing here in WI. Hearing it all the time is annoying. Idont hate mexicans, just the coverage they get is annoying. Maybe not so bad for the guys in the east coast, but here and sure as hell cali its over the top.

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    theyre sending theyre 2012 olympic team with 5 over age players..but theyre going to be sending their real team to the Gold cup and second team to the copa america..trust me they want the gold cup MORE

15. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Trust me dude, here in the east coast it's pretty much all i hear, Mexico this mexico that. mexican league this mexican league that, vela this vela that, chicharito this, gio that, juarez this, maza that. AHHHH! It really gets old/ And now they've taken over evrything! ESPN, Fox sports, which is now Fox deportes(mexican version) so all i hear is mexico. It's just helllla painful.

16. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont hate Mexicans in general( though some i do hate LOL) its more that Mexican propaganda!! its all we are fed on all the sports networks!!! it does get old!! and i as i said lots of mexican soccer fans here are annoying!!!!! so i take extra satisfaction when i school them on the field wearing my bolivia jersey( yes its the marathon one LOL) VIVA Bolivia

17. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats what i've been saying all this time, i do the same s*** pollo i always wear my Bolivia jersey and when we play Bolivians vs Mexicans or South Americans vs Mexicans here we f***** kick their a** i love my marathon jersey!!! :D

18. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats tight dude!!!! we( me and my brother) usually play with the brasilians against the peruvians and mexicans here!!!!! so its always heated when we play!!!!! but like i said im not trying to start and anti mexican theme!! i just want it to be fair!! by that i mean fair for all countries( i mean countries in south america lol) so that we dont always get fed Mexican soccer!!! so i hope mexico never will win the copa america! if they do then we will hear the end of it!!

19. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have a strong feeling we will either get stuck with Brasil or Argentina in the group stages lol.

Although Our last group for the last copa america was a dream come true, I wish we could get that again. Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela and us lol. The Peru game was soooooo much fun to watch, talking sooo much shit to my buddy the whole time as we watched. :p

20. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am there with you. Here is a good example:

Hugo Sanchez was ranting (again) yesterday, and said that so long as the same people up top in the mexican league control things, Mexico will never take Brazil or Argentina's spots as the best teams in the Americas, and will continue to settle for third. THIRD??????
    I could think of a few other teams (Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay) that would be considered in third place and a few others in fourth before I would put Mexico in the mix. Heck, Mexico is not even the best team in Concacaf anymore, as the USA took that from them a long time ago.
    The only thing Mexico has going for them is the amount of money they can generate from the two TV networks, AND this is mainly due to the 12.7 million mexicans living in the USA who are responsible for companies like Coors, Budweiser, Coca Cola, etc. to shell out millions in advertising here.:cool:

21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahahahaha, yea they think of themselves pretty highliy, which is very annoying being south american. They think they really would come in third place if they joined conmebol in qualifiers.... they are nuts!

That loss to Ecuador in mexico should have been a bucket of cold water over their heads.

Imagine them coming to play in la paz and quito regularly.

22. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    DUDE!!!! if Mexico was in conmebol they would never make the world cup!! i always tell this to my Mexican buddies! but they never will hear it!!! come on why would south america have 5 potential slots to go to the world cup( maybe 6 this next world cup) out of 10??? and europe gets 13 out of 53 nations??? its cuz FIFA knows that there is soooooo much quality( a lot of tecnica) in south america!!!! Mexico would get raped in our conference!!!! which is why i want us to play Mexico in the Copa Sudamerica( as it used to be called lol)

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Haha!

Mexico has decent futbol, but is extremely organized. That organization is what's allowing them to be as succesfull as they have been. THey utilize resources very well. Efficiency is key for any business.

Their futbol would be nothing with out South America. We dominate their league with players and coaches. IF it weren't for the SA, the Mexicans would be in far worse shape.

Seriously though, the mexicans are a good model to follow. They took every step serious to get to where they are; which is significant compared to where they were 20 years ago. Nutrition is excellent, stamina is excellent, youth development is excellent, training in general is excellent. The only thing that lacks is their futbol. It's really not all that great. We are more technical then they are. But our training and etc sucks! Damn, our rolemodel sucks. How many players do we have going out to the dance club every day? too many.

Efficiency. Unfortunately, Mexico (and now Venezuela) are good role models for it. I don't think neither has great futbol, but they do great with what they have.

24. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Wrong. I think they'd be in contention for the 5th spot. I mean, they did lose to Uruguay in a serious match. I think countries like Peru, Colombia and Bolivia has better technical futbol then Mexico, but we are sooo behind in organization and professionalism. Our analytical techniques comes from a fuzzy warm feeling from our hearts, not a regression model or a hypothesis test. Facts aren't used. Too much hearts and Beauracracy.

Mexicans can gloat and pout all they want about beating Chile, but that was a warm up and nobody plays 100% hard a month before a WC. Player that need to make the team already made it, and injury is #1 concern.

25. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's partially true, plus the fact that they have sooooo much money.
    I heard the Mexican league is the league that pays the best in all of the Americas.