The concept of the SJ Earthquakes as an expansion team in 2007 or later

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by bpc, Dec 15, 2005.

1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Quick question: did the NFL give Cleveland some super-deluxe draft deal when they relaunched the franchise?

If so, it would prolly be the same w/ SJE v.3.0 '07. No? 'Course, it might be difficult to justify due to Tronno coming aboard. Damn Canadians!! ;)

2. mitquinn

mitquinn Member

Oct 17, 2003

I'm now a completely recovered Browns fan. The Quakes are my current addiction.

As I recall, the Browns got the first pick overall, and every other team had to give them another.

It hasn't helped. The Browns are as bad as the Niners and Raiders.

3. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure they could force SJSU to do anything, and the ultimate goal is an SSS that the team can control. I would rather see the Quakes in Santa Clara than San Jose. Santa Clara City Council has been 100% more supportive of getting the Quakes into their own stadium than San Jose has.

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Of course, it probably would've turned out better for them if they hadn't used their first 2 #1 picks on Tim Couch and Courtney Brown.

5. eacorletto

eacorletto New Member

Nov 15, 2003

As a Galaxy fan that was present when my team was first introduced at the rose bowl some 10+ years ago, I agree with you 100%. I am not going to lie to you. I hate the earthquakes. Like the chant goes: WE hate the earthquakes, YOU, hate the earthquakes, I hate the earthquakes, THE EARTHQUEAKES SUCK!!!!!......... Our rivalry was, (will be) re-born. Nothing like driving up north to a LA vs. SJ game for 10 or 14 hours round trip, coming home drunk around 4 a.m. Because I did not want to spend a dime in San Jo, mannnnn, I will miss our rivary this year but like you, I am willing to wait 2 years..........

Cheers to the CAL DERVY (CALIFORNIA CLASSICO)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE TO HATE YOU GUYS, MANNNNNNNN

6. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN

Well you know what our feelings are, we too freaking despise, hate, & can't stand the EVIL , CHEATING, LEAGUE FAVORED SCUM :mad: ! ! ! But thanks for the compliments anyways. :rolleyes: