The Colombian Prodigal Son Returns - The James Rodríguez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bayern wanted to buy him. James stupidly turned him down to come back to Zidane like an abused wife that can't get away from her abusive husband lol

Modric-87 repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mymy used to say that [emoji23]

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think he is done as a pro player. A player to be able to compete at a high level needs to be playing competitively and not just training and sitting on the bench. He would lose sharpness, fitness and even his skills would start to disappear. James hasn’t played consistently in such a long time that I doubt he can contribute any value at this point if nothing is done to try and get the player integrated.
    I am not blaming the team anymore because it was clear ZZ did not want him but the player stubbornly decided to stay

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes but Zidane just used a formation that had 2 additional MFs (5 total), and 2 AM at that, but refused to give James even 5 minutes instead choosing players that have never won a league title or golden boot. So basically needing a goal in a cup final, Zidane decided his best shooter and more experienced player shouldn't be on the field and instead went with kids who can't shoot straight and whose confidence has been shot.

It's clear Zidane will only use James in situations he will struggle in (to the detriment of the team) but will not use him in situations where he will shine (to the detriment of the team). Zidane's stubbornness and desire to ruin James almost cost us a cup final, save for a last ditch miracle tackle/red card.

Ditto. If Zidane can experiment in a cup final with a 5 man (2 AM) midfield formation, use all 3 subs on attackers with the game 0-0; and not bring James on at some point (in a team with no BBC), then I think we need to start looking at Zidane with serious question because what he did, did not work and he's lucky our scouting department along with Solari recognized what a jewel Valverde is and he was there to save his ass.

5. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane said Bale & James aren’t yet ready to play.

Stop crying.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wait, WHAT?

Ssr9 and janos audron repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Apparently he was at Santiago Arias' birthday party on Monday, full of Atletico players.

Wonder if that's frowned upon or not. On one hand he is partying with Atletic scum

On the other

He is just attending his friend's birthday party

Lyra repped this.
  8. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    James, Mariano, Brahim, Odriozola. Theres been others. There’s nothing personal with these players. They just don’t make up Zidane’s core. Many of us wish certain players would, but as long as we win something, they don’t, and it doesn’t matter.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They can't.

They just got embarrassed... yet again. So apparently James picked up some kind of niggle or something happened where they decided to keep him on ice longer.

Instead of using their brain they let history repeat itself because they refuse to learn from it.

So yet again Zidane hates, doesn't rate or doesn't like or play James..... but because James literally can't play.

What a terrible guy this Zidane is.

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't read much into it. Both are professional players from Colombia living in the same city. Of course, they would hangout.

Lyra repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    In all honesty Zidane talks a lot of shit in those press conferences. Hard to believe him when he tries so hard to always say the right thing.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  12. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All I know is Zidane has turned this trainwreck around by making much needed changes to the way we play. The introduction of Fede has made a significant impact, leaving no available spots in midfield (assuming Zidane uses 3 forwards). That means that there simply is no place for James as a starter (and rightfully so). As a rotational player, like Isco, there is definitely a place. The difference? Isco is (now) fit to play and James isn't (and rarely is).

To be honest, Zidane has been making superb decisions across the board. Playing favourites? Not really, Marcelo has been replaced by Mendy and Modric by Fede. Isco is a rotational player. Bale is a starter when fit. Holding grudges? Incorrect. See the part about Bale for instance.

We are doing a great job lately, playing nice football, looking good in defense etc. James needs to get himself fit and regain his momentum. At this stage, he's a bit irrelevant (and this discussion is a bit 'outdated').

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane had James at his peak fit and ready and didn't include him in multiple CL finals.

I'm now supposed to believe that a borderline 30 year old James is not included in his plans because of a "small niggle" after he gave Lucas Vazquez 90 minutes after months of injury off time.

Sounds solid.

janos audron and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ye, Mendy replaced Marcelo. James playing 90 minutes, sorry, LV playing friggin 90 minutes. Just like today.
    He has favourites , just like any coach. As long as he is winning there will be no complaints.

robnycus repped this.
  15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    At this point it is fascinating how anybody can deny that Zidane is not exactly thrilled about James.

16. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keep whining, Zidane is doing a fantastic job. I'm happy. If James gets fit and plays a (significant) role, I'll be even happier. Reading this forum at times makes you believe we are 7th..

17. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who's denying anything? Zidane doesn't see James as a key player, I'm fine with that. Most people here aren't. Period.

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is this thread still this active?

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    James would have to be the world's biggest pussy if a "niggle" (whatever the ******** that is) kept him out of one of the most important games of the league.

I don't like liars and it seems that's exactly what Zidane has become.

This is bullshit. Zidane played the super cup final w/ 5 MF's and 2 AM's.

You trying to tell me there's "no room" in that formation for James. We've been saying since Carlo was here that James in a Christmas tree formation would be the feels, except that Carlo was threatened with his job if Bale wasn't used as the #10.

The whole world knows James is a Balon d'Or talent in that specific setup, yet Zidane refused to use him; and, surprise, surprise we struggled to win, couldn't score a goal and people are now bending over backwards to make it seem like Zidane is a flawless decision maker who can do no wrong and the whole situation boils down to James being lazy (but with Hazard he gives all the chances in the world when the player is so unfit he cannot run at all).

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James has not played Balon d'Or worthy football for a single day in his life, World Cup included. At his best he's a top 30 player in the game, but it's stuff like that that makes people that root for James look like crazy people.

MiamiNative0722, RMrules and ImadEdd repped this.
  21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When Zidane first arrived in Madrid James (and Bale) were rated as top ten players in the world and both were being lined up as Ronaldo successors to the the BdO throne.

So I think Zidane deserves a little credit for another one of his amazing feats in a long list of extraordinary accomplishments - this time for tanking the market values for two of the most popular players in the world.

22. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    James should have never been bought.Di Maria was one of the best/most versatile players in the world...he can play as a CM in a 4-3-3 and is one of the best wingers of the past decade.He is a monster on the wing even to this day.

That swap DI Maria for James was a compete failure-James never
    became even 1/10 as crucial for Real Madrid as Di Maria was from 2011 to 2014 .

James was a bench warmer for the CL wins,the only time when he started that i can remember was the first leg against Napoli and he was the worst/slowest player on the pitch ....

23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I always regret opening this thread. Just like the Benzema one. For some reason their stans are especially annoying even tho I really like both players.

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Just to change the mood a bit. This thread has become such a downer lol

Anthony Lim, Stiliyan and Excape Goat repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously.

It's weird because I really like James but these guys make you not.

They ignore facts and go with their make believe scenarios to project their own victim mentality on the player.

Even after confirmation he was hurt they still twist reason and logic.

AriGold repped this.