The coach you prefer.

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by ilovefotball, Mar 16, 2006.

1. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    if there are 2 coach

One like Jose mourinho, who seems very strict to his players, and plays very balancing football or sometimes a bit defencive, but again gets results in his favour.

the other like Frank Rijkaard, who seems very soft and supportive to his players , plays attacking football and still manages to get results in his favour.

both of them are great coach with different tactics.

So, who who would you preferto coach your club,the one like Mourinho or the one like Frank Rijkaard?

2. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rijkaard by a mile. Only cuz hes Dutch and was one hell of a player.

3. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who the heck would choose a choice like Mourinho? Rijkaard gets results with beatiful football. What more could you want from a coach?

4. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    both need relatively great players to succeed. remember rijkaard blew it with one of the most talented dutch squads on paper on top form. subbing on that psv forward for zenden. wtf! seedorf for bergkamp:rolleyes:

i would never ever have mourinho as my manager. the reasons are plentiful.

5. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jose Mourinho is a boil on the ass of world football.

6. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Rijkaard doesn't get results, Ronaldinho, Eto etc get results. It seems that Rijkaard's main contribution was bringing in the fancy players, his record at Rotterdam makes that pretty clear.

On the other hand Mourinho puts together teams, with no out and out star players, grafters rather than showmen.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    hahaha damn id buy you a beer any day man

8. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    I beg to differ, I think Mourinho proved his credentials by winning the CL with Porto, and his success with Chelsea cannot take that away. I think Rijkaard needs to win the CL before I'd pick him.

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ottmar Hitzfeld

10. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The original post appeared to me to remove results from the equation as s/he said they both get results. I thought the post was asking about solely style.

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If I wanted results, I'd pick Mourinho but I prefer style so Rijkaard gets my vote.

I prefer Capello more than both of them put together. His teams get the result and when they can, they do play with style.

12. kakaboypuf redded

Feb 1, 2006
    Rotterdam
    How do you mean blew it? If anything, the players blew it themselves by missing 2 penalties in regular time (and 2 in the shootout)

what a bs comment

13. kakaboypuf redded

Feb 1, 2006
    Rotterdam
    Ah, so when the team wins, credit goes to the players, but when the team loses, fault is on the coach?

makes real sense :rolleyes:

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    oh so his record at barca is out the window, but you do want to judge him on his time at then-second division sparta?

worst. credibility. ever.

15. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    right now, i'm trying to decide exactly how much of my opinion towards your opinion i can share without getting carded

ok... i'm gonna go with: come back to the discussion when you get that clue i'm gonna mail you

16. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For my team Mourinho. He may be a twat but he's a funny twat who'll get results.

17. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well its clear rijkaard was very passionate in his youth but has mellowed.

mourinho is a twat.

i want that french guy coaching rangers.

18. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yes the dutch players blew it with penalties but the substituions sucked ass too. rijkaard lost his head after the players were not getting it done. he gave up after kluivert missed in the 2nd half. you could see him turn to his assistants bewildered.

19. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    When i started this thread i wanted to know which coach you would prefer for your club, it might be big or small with good finacial condition or bad. You have to choose the coach who can bring very good environment in the club both off and on the pitch.
    when we talk about person there is no doubt that many of you will choose Rijkaard but i wanted to know the coach you would prefer and you want to bring to your club to see your club winning many trophies.

20. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i was just listing rijkaards big fault where as mourinho has many including bad subs, the first leg with SWP when down to 10 men LOLOL. rijkaard is an easy choice over mourinho.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ill take capello. hes proven himself over a couple decades and been successful with more then a couple different clubs. and he has no baggage. cant beat that. rijkaard is too unproven and mourinho hasnt really done anything at chelsea despite unlimited funds.

22. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On tactics: Rijkaard.

On style: Rijkaard.

On class and personality: Rijkaard.

Not even close. Mourinho is a tactless arrogant bastard.

That being said, I think that the importance of managers is blown out of proportion... players are the chief ones responsible for success or failure.

23. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thats not saying much. rijkaard was a right old dick in his playing days. o well least he had a playing career of note:D .

the whole point of this thread is for nonchelsea fans to call mourinho a twat. simple as that.

24. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is always a place for namecalling, particularly on a football forum. =)

And the fact that he is a twat certainly doesn't help his cause.

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    even chelsea fans have to admit he is just that. a disgusting arrogant twat.