The Clean Sheet (8-22-02)

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Native Aztexan, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just realized. Mod, would you mind moving this thread to News and Analysis.

3. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    ", I have seen a very average player too many times get right in the refs face, showing him up and using profanity. How do I know this? I can read his lips on television. Again, if I can read his lips, so can kids and parents. "

Rodrigo Faria.....I'm sure there are plenty others...but, this has been his MO all season.

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    done

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Broome does a lot of this as well as far as I can tell, unless I've just seen him on some bad days.

Heck, 2/3rds of teh whole league. For me it's pretty disgusting and has become a real pet peeve of mine.

MLS players seem to argue with the refs about 10 times more than EPL players for example, and it's not solely because MLS refs are worse. Something in the water...

6. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony Meola did the same at Chicago and got sent off for it. Etcheverry and Richie Williams did the same arguing and complaining. I agree with Tino that the Refs should take a stance against players' (and coaches') criticism. It isn't tolerated in the EPL that's for sure.

7. JG_Revs

JG_Revs Moderator

Sep 11, 1999
    Boston
    Can someone explain to me why he keeps saying "New Eng-er-land" and "Eng-er-land"? I don't get it, he uses that each and every time.

8. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    It's a reference to English fans who chant "Eng-er-land" during one of their many songs during international matches..

9. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    I just moved this thread again, but I'm not saying where.