The "Chelsea is hated by everyone" Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DallasGooner, Jun 1, 2005.

1. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Re: Cole and Chelsea gulity...what a shock

Exactly, given they were all at the meeting, they were all guilty. The fines may give a clue as to who the PL thought instigated it all...

3. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington

Are you guys happy with this outcome? Don't you think this will drive him away?

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jose "Ex-European Champion" Mourniho would be disappointed you left his name out....

5. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington

But if the rule states that guilt lies with whoever makes the approach, how can both parties be guilty of breaking their respective rules?

6. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

No press is bad press.

7. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Chelsea in breach of Rule K3 which prohibits a club making an approach to a player under contract without obtaining permission of his club

Ashley Cole in breach of Rule K5 which prevents a contracted player making an approach to a club with a view to negotiating a contract without prior written consent from his club

Mourinho was found to be in breach of Rule Q, governing managers' conduct

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope that this hurts the agents involved in all this most. Hopefully they've done irreparable damage to their reputations and players and clubs henceforth refuse to deal with them at all....

/sorry for actually contributing something useful to this thread, I apologize

9. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington

Doesn't common sense say that only one party approached the other, and therefore only K3 OR K5 can be true? Just trying to see through the smoke and bs.

10. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

in this case.. shouldnt LOGIC be used for a punishment? hitting them in the wallet solves NOTHING.. and anyone who knows the situation, knows this..
    so why would a fine be any sort of "punishment?"
    i am sure something could be done to hinder this type of ILLEGAL tapping up~
    and NICE, before you state something about precedents (liverpool), thats the exact reason to do something drastic... as you lot will laugh at a fine.. and you know that to be true.

11. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We're soooo excited! :rolleyes:

He was at the meeting with his agent. IMO he was guilty and that is how it was ruled. I don't think anyone is happy about it now or when it happened. We hope he wants to stay and play for Arsenal, but we'll all have to wait. And why would it drive him away from Arsenal? The team didn't press charges, the FA did.

12. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC

Sadly, phishy, you're talking about the Premier League. We all know that logic and reason don't apply there.

13. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Initially, yes. If one contacted the other but the contactee reported the incident, then only one would be charged. But since they agreed to meet, both parties are guilty.

14. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

Well, I'm assuming that if for instance I'm AC3, and I answer the phone and Jose asks me to a meeting my reply should be

"I'm sorry Mr Mourinho, but...Cheryl, not now,I'm on the phone,blimey you're insatiable,yes I know you're sexy, but.. no not you Mr Mourinho, but no, if you want to speak about a contract with Chelsea you have to speak to a Mr Dein..yes D...E...I...N... no I don't have his number, try looking under the F.A. his number will be there"

Not "No problem, I'll be there in 1/2 hour, and mine's a pina colada and a portion of fresh pasta"

AC3 knows the rules, his agent certainly does and whoever was asked shouldn't have agreed to go to the meeting...

15. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL

I suspect within the interpretation of the laws that both sides could be guilty of approaching each other. That is, if you were to say that to "approach" means to take steps toward contract negotiation then K3 and K5 would not be mutually exclusive.

Now back to plain english. Yeah it would make sense that one party did the initial approach or contact and as others have said the punishments might reflect this. Of course they might not as well ... as a means of dissuasion toward anyone that might try it in the future.

obviously just speculating here.

16. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

dock points from Chelsea to start the new season...one can dream anyhow.

17. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I can't see any points being docked and a punishment relating to the crime is in order. I think a transfer embargo should be placed on them until the end of the current transfer window.

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If points were docked for Chelsea I would really fear what Ash's punishment would be considering the FA has found him just as guilty. I imagine it will just be large fines all around. Hopefully, Ash won't be too pissed and we can still re-sign him.

19. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington

Well based on the opening of the verdict, I would say Arsenal, or at least David Dein, played a major part in the charges being brought.

As a result of an official complaint by Arsenal FC the Premier League appointed an independent commission...

Didn't Dein also give evidence for the prosecution? And with all the noises his lawyers have been making about appealing this to the EU courts, one would think that the odds of him re-signing at anything under what he perceives as his market value are close to zero.

20. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't even care anymore. If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes.

21. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

One may well think that, but one could well be very wrong...

AC3 loves playing for Arsenal, he's a life long fan, what he did WAS wrong, and was AGAINST the good of AFC, for which he deserves punishment. Only a fool would think otherwise, and I'm sure that Wenger would take him back under his comforting wing once this is done. Plus, where else will he go ??

22. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington

So you think he'll sign a new deal at <£70-75k per week? I just can't see it happening.

23. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If he truly wants to be a Gunner, then fine, let him sign a contract. If he doesn't, I say sell him to the highest bidder outside of England.

As in all things, the guiltiest parties here are probably the agents. Is there some way the FA can decertify or dyslicense them or something like that?

24. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the FA has zero power over those agents, although IIRC Peter Hill-Wood and David Dein have said before that there are certain agents that they never deal with. that is the best way to "blacklist" these agents.

25. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Psst pass this note to Ashley Cole (he's wearing the No. 3 Arsenal jersey)

Dear Ashley:
    I think you are a swell football player! Will you meet me after school to talk about what a swell player you are?

Check
    Yes
    or
    No

Your friend,
    Jose

Hello whatever happened to meeting in dark alleys where people can't see you??!?!??!
    They are all wrong and this are just not enough buckets of stupidity and blame to go around.......