The change to be the catalyst for the present team to move on.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Bounty Hunta, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Bounty Hunta

Bounty Hunta New Member

May 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Ryan Giggs may possibly be sold in the January window? Although the guy has been a great servent I think all of us saw his decline from 3yrs ago. Fergie & Manu made an huge mistake not selling him to Inter and buying Robben who is superb and exactly the type of player we need. It is very worrying the players we have missed out on signing and the very average players who have been brought in. Our spending budget is already gone on Rooney I think it would be the wisest decision this January to get what we can for Giggs, even better perhaps look for a part exchange for a quality player like 'Emeret' at 'Inter'. A deal along these lines I think is the only way we'll aquire a player this January or could be a good opportunity to get some cash in. Fergie has given everyone a fair chance and no-one has risen to the challenge for me a sale or transfer of a player like Giggs will be 'A' not 'THE' real turning point for our changing team and will, after january help us consolidate a champions league postion in the Premiership and put us in a very good position to challenge for this yrs Euro cup. More than anything I think it would be a statement for this and next season that the 90's fledglings have had their time (and a great one it was) and we now have a new group of players who have to make their names a legend at Old Trafford. I really think that something like this could be the real catalyst to improve the present team do you guys have any ideas for other catalyst that could prove to make the real difference???

2. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I dunno if you wrote this article after hearing the news about Giggs or not but on EuroSportNews it said

"Ryan Giggs has put his Manchester United future in serious risk after turning down a one year contract"

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is the most nonsensical thing I have heard in years. Giggs will NOT fetch any kind of money now. He is past his prime, still a good player, but not exactly a big money player anymore - not in this market.

Also, we have a lack of depth at winger, so why would we sell the best winger in the EPL in the last 10+ years and pick up someone who has not played wing all his life and has never played in England? That's asking for trouble.

If there was one player on Inter's squad I could have (after Adriano and Martins) it would be Stankovic. He is a superb winger, penetrative, fast, accurate passing and crossing, mature for his age (24-26 I believe).

4. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I agree with MTKill, what we need is more depth on the wings, not less. Right now we have CRon there because there is a lack of quality, Fletcher is on the right.

The negoiations are not going well to begin with, but perhaps like Wes browns they will turn for the better. Or Giggs may leave. I think he will be resigned however.

5. Irnbru

Irnbru New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Id like to see Giggs finish his career at man u. hes a fkin legend.

6. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    I think we would all like to see Giggs finish his career here. The reality of the situation may not allow it though. It seems like the Board is going in a different direction recently in contract matters. They have come out with this idea of making contracts merit based, there have been multiple players unhapy with contract offers, there is the standard talk about not having spending money.

Now I know a lot of this contract stuff can be chalked up to regular negotiation ploys by both sides. You can also say that we hear from the board a lot about not having spending money. The thing is that all of this is happening at a time where we have a serious potential take over in the wings and our league position is risky for Europe next year unless some changes happen. All of this seems to be hints at potential future changes, many of which could be cost cutting moves. These are definitely serious times for the club.

7. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    It would be foolish to let Giggs go if we don't bring in a quality replacement. We're not overburdened with wide players as it is.

Incidentally, I watched Chelsea over the weekend - did we miss out when we missed Robben. :rolleyes:

Also saw Middlesbrough this weekend - yes we'll have Schwarzer if he's available. Not only is he a superb 'keeper but he has that mix of arrogance and confidence that we've been missing since Schmeichel left.