The "Bye Frings, Hello Bender" Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by smithfan, Oct 18, 2009.

1. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is this another "Golden Generation" thread?

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wrong one.

[​IMG]

Right one.

Lol.

:D

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's clone more than two next times. I'm a little bit worried that two clones could both miss a career because of injuries.:D

7. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, we need to have more depth. More Benders :D

8. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ya family Bender and Kroos need to get some more children. ^^

9. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Benders? I'd be happy with Hummels for the time being. Knowing Löw, his nomination is still lightyears away. And you are talking about the even younger Bender twins...

Sorry, but Frings has to make his comeback ASAP. In this form, it's a travesty for him not to be called up.

Benders, especially Lars, are the future. There is absolutely no doubt about that.

10. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually I was bored, that's why I opened the thread ;)

But who knows whether it will be Lars who is the future...Sven is developing really well. In fact, I think it's the best thing that he decided to move away from his brother. It made him more mature and he's the only one who could make Kehl forgotten in the last games. Neither Tinga nor Hummels were able to do that...;)

11. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Bite his shiny metal ass.

1 person likes this.
  12. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm really glad that Sven is doing well in Dortmund these days. Fully agree that it was the right decision to 'split up' with his brother and move to Dortmund. Knowing that Kehl will likely have to give up his career in foreseeable future, his chances to get match practice and establish himself in the first team are very good.
    But I do expect Lars to do the same in Leverkusen also, at least in the long run. He isn't just too talented not to, his mind set and character are what makes him (and his brother) stand out.

I really would have liked us to sign Lars, wasn't meant to happen unfortunately. He could have become Frings' long term successor, learning from him just like Özil did from Diego.

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Making Kehl forgotten is dificult. :confused:

I forget him very often. He misses too many matches because of injury, sadly. :(

14. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For a Dortmund Fan knowing the "with Kehl team" and "without Kehl team", it is..;)

15. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rolfes out on Friday...will we see?:

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

muahaaha

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know, Heynckes might just go with Reinarz. I hope to see both play each other though. Love the guys.

17. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone watching the Bender vs. Bender game today?

Both have been doing well so far, especially Lars. Hummels has been put back to CB so Sven can play in midfield.

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [result]Lucas Barrios 0-1[/result]

20. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was the obvious result. The twins are just soooooo similar, they even get the same result hahaha...

21. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Both did pretty good in my opinion. Definitely two players you can count on.

22. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They were fine. But I looked more at Sven. He was defensively good, but could have done more offensively like he did against Bochum. On the other hand, Leverkusen is a better team than Bochum.

Anybody else thinking they will be Germany's defensive midfield after the World Cup?

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is no question. I put these kids up there with the likes of Oezil and Neuer in terms of potential and ability to adapt to the professional senior game. Cannot wait to see how they develop.

24. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well I also looked closely at L. Bender and for me he was Leverkusen's best midfielder, definitly much better than Vidal who had a really bad game.
    I think L. Bender could already replace him this season, he absolutly seems to be ready for the BL.

Btw, Hummels was once again awesome. He has such a presence in the defence and that one tackling in the penalty box might have been risky but it shows on one side his great tackling skills and on the other his self-confidence.

This guy is ready to get a chance in the A-NM and even if its unlikely but if things dont change one need to think about leaving Tasci out of the squad.
    He is simply out of form and I just don't see the same quality in him compared to Boateng, Hummels and Höwedes.
    Tasci has still too many blunders in his game and often kinda passive.

25. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree on all counts. Lars was had a very balanced performance, solid defensively and impressive linking up going forward. The most impressive thing about them was their mentality, they didn't seem to be phased at all by the step up to the Bundesliga and the responsibility of their respective positions.

As for Hummels, the guy just has a natural presence on the field, a quality usually held by the leader or captain of a team. That said, he still needs to find his position. His versatility is a big plus but he and the Klopp have to decide where he will play. I personally think he would be wasted as a CB even though that is what he started his career as. I also agree that Loew should give him a shot in the NT. He has the ground game of Tasci without the nervousness and hesitation if he is to be considered as a CB. If not, he could make a very good back up to Rolfes.