The Business Startup Guide

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by speedcake, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With pretty endowed friends. So are you gonna post that business plan so we can all invest?

2. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Friends and family, yes.

and no, I don't think you'd be interested in my biz plan. I'll let you know what it is when I launch, sometime in May/June.

3. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    update coming soon...

4. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One can also get an EIN immediately via online application.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/sa_vign/newFormSS4.do

5. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, but I think I was missing something that I needed in order to do it online. Maybe not though.

Anyhow, I've been approved for a paypal merchant pro account and gateway and have opened accounts with suppliers. Still have some more accounts to open though.

However, the website has hit a serious snaggle and I'm looking at possibly being delayed indefinately.

Here's to hoping...

Various other things on my list include finalizing what size boxes I need for shipping, deciding on what packing material suits my needs best and getting the best price for all of the above. I've got price lists in already, but need to do some more calling around.

Hmm... lets see. Oh yeah, need to get an accountant. ( lol ) Ummm....Develop further my advertising campaign and decide on a budget.

Er....... Get a logo designed and order up biz cards.

Let's see....negotiate shipping rates with USP and Fedex, if possible, and decide on a primary carrier for my shipments.

Uhh...... loads of other crud. Goodness.

6. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    www.uline.com for boxes. Typically the best price, but you will have to order in small bulk quantaties.

Go with FedEx.com. You get a 10% discount off the rack rate. With UPS, you need to guarantee a higher volume to get a discount.

BTW, the way to set shipping prices is this: Take the longest distance you would ship in the US.. from Florida to Tacoma would be good enough. Multiply that by 1.5 and that's your shipping charge. Shipping is a major profit center.

Did you get a bank account? PM me your E-mail. I will be happy to share documents from my marketing class if you want them.

Sachin

7. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adding on to this, if you are a part of any trade orgainzations, sometimes they will give extra discounts on shipping. One of my organizations offers 10% off of DHL.

8. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the tips guys.

I'll check out that box supplier, but from looking around at other online suppliers prices are usually higher than buying locally as you have to pay to have the boxes shipped to you.

I'll definately check it out though, I need to get the best prices that I can on absolutely everything. :eek:

9. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    weird how life sometimes takes twists and turns and jumps all over the road. :)

anyway, its been a long time coming but here we go:

www.toyfinity.com

go buy somethin :p

10. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, dont buy anything yet. :D Im having to change my mechant provider and gateway from Paypal to something more suitable to my needs. Just about ready to shoot something.