The Bulvock Kit!

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by SabreKhan, Feb 26, 2021.

1. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Other suggestions from YouTube:

The Banjo Jersey
    The Five Strings

I actually kind of like it. It should have been the third jersey, though. Austin's shirt (except with red/black) should have been the primary.

Auriaprottu and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  2. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it... we needed something more original, something more specific to our nickname, and I think we got it.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like it more then the jersey from the past two years, I just hope the red plays out as dark as from the original kit. (ie: Not fire engine red) Definitely thankful they're playing more as a team based in black than in red.

Could use more splashes of gold, though.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like it. It doesn't look like any team I've seen, and it has five stripes.

I think we've reached a point in the history of both marketing and football where we shouldn't expect much in the way of continuance. The big teams that have multiple colors have done this, for the most part. Look at Barca and Milan. They've used so many different patterns it ain't even funny, and they've managed to retain their identity.

Is this a Tech v. UGA thing? I've noticed that a lot of the FB fans like the red/black not because of the Falcons, but because of UGA. The gold brings Tech back into the picture, which I think is kind of cool, as Tech is actually IN Atlanta and less than a crow's flight mile from The Benz.

5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't need it to recall Tech but I'm vehement about this team NOT looking like UGA. The falcons have often been fashioned to look too much like UGA, and this notion that the best way to survive is to placate the Dawg fan base is antithetical to what I want for the team, which is to be its own brand and represent the whole of Atlanta.

That plus I think the darker red looks better and is more unique. Way too many teams across the globe have that basic red or blue. It's boring.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Go, V stripes!

GunnerJacket repped this.
  7. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I like the kit. Just relieved they got the stripe count right.

8. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Picking mine up tomorrow. 1st vaccine shot in the books. Snagged a few older AUFC T-shirts on discount. 1st kickoff in under a week.

Time to break out the AUFC soundtrack and get hyped for actual matchdays!

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I get my second next week.

Wait, we have a soundtrack? ARS, Brick Cameo, Isaac Hayes... if it expanded to a 150-mile radius, could pick up James Brown, Gladys Knight and Otis Redding, R.E.M. and the B-52s... yeah, I know it's probably all hip-hop.

10. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well I have one for the ride to the games. Archie Eversole's "We Ready" and "United we Conquer," Gizzle's "Get Loud For Me," and others. Stuff commonly heard at the stadium or tailgates before the games, or that works well in getting me pumped. Rammstein, DMX... The team did put out a Spotify list a couple years ago, but some of those weren't real hype songs, IMO.

Also, points for the ARS and Isaac Hayes recalls!

Auriaprottu repped this.
  11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I still wish we had a hymn (of sorts), but we don't.

Thanks! I was gonna add Little Feat, but found out they're not from Georgia... anyhow, I loved what I heard from ARS back in middle and high school.