The Branislav Ivanovic Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The_ChelseaSupporter, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    I believe Ivanovic joined us in January 2008. Grant was then manager and as far as I remember never gave him a game. Surely Grant must have been aware of Man Utd's and Milan's alleged interest in him and for that reason alone should have given the lad the opportunity to prove himself.

With Bosingwa injured Hiddink is now starting Ivanovic at right back. He is coming through with flying colours and has shown his worth in our last two games. He is now beginning to establish himself as a first team regular and I'm looking forward to his progress.

2. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When we signed Ivanovic, he was in the offseason and was also recovering from an injury. By the time he got fit we were in a tight race for the PL and CL. Not exactly the best time to introduce a player to a new team and a new league.

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wanted to bump this, I think he's been amazing this season and is turning into a great signing. Though I want to see him next to Terry more mind. Guy is a rock and seems like he'll run through walls.

4. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    But thankfully he's not that dumb.

I do love the man that made Liverpool his bitch. Oh that Ivanovic.

5. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how well he's adapted to being just as attacking (and doing well) as Bos at right back. He's excellent, awesome to have someone as good as him in the squad.

6. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I am glad all of you are acknowledging his talent.

Us Serbia supporters knew he was special since his days at Lokomotiva Moskva, but it is kind of hard to say that to someone who hasn't watched him much.

He has adapted his game, and the full potential is coming to fruition.

A very similar adaptation to Vidic, even though they are very different types of defenders.

7. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has been a very good signing. Our defense is most likely the strongest it has been in club history, and his talent and adaptability is part of that. Very good player and I hope he sticks around for years to come.