The **Boca Jrs 2007** Thread (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :D Es la verdad no?

2. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    True, but you can't deny the Mexican population living in and around Chicago that would rather prefer to see Blanco.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right. In terms of marketing I think Blanco is probably the best signing. Better than Beckham and Guille.

The best chance for MLS to do well in the US is to capture the Mexican-American market. Right now the Mexicans don't give a shit about MLS, but they love soccer and they idolize the Mexican stars. if you put some recognizable Mexicans on MLS they are more likely to tune to it. It is much less of a long shot for MLS than to get the typical American sports fan interested in MLS by going after players like Beckham.

But if Guille stays healthy, I think he will have the most impact on the field. I wish he was playing for the Galaxy or Chivas USA. I will go to Home Depot to see him play when Columbus comes to town.

4. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we should meet. they play galaxy on june 23rd. only thing is im going to say some kind words to him and beckham.

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yeah, I'll let you know. I'm down with heckling Beckham, but we gotta show some love to Guille.