The Blessing

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by YankBastard, Aug 25, 2006.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody have any pictures of this?

2. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    hell, its not like he blessed THEM
    can't a man bless himself anymore?

3. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    No pictures no video, funny that.

Total farce, gordon will likely be on in a minute to defend it byclaiming catholics were responsible for the inquisition thus they are bigots too.

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    He crossed himself right in front of the Rangers fans several times in an attempt to wind them up. It was a very stupid thing to do...although it's also a very stupid thing to get wound up by!

5. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Ive read a lot about this, and the only sources ive heard this from are, how would you say, hardly unbaised.

Every news report, just says blessing himself, no gestures to the fans, just blessing himself. Now if he made this gesture to the fans, where is the video and the pictures?

This one is going to leave a lot of people with red faces, and its no artur boruc being shown up.

6. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    There was enough evidence this is what happened for him to have a caution.

You're quite right, it's Scotland that's being shown up.

7. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Catholocism in the second degree, well the precedent has been set, watch the same bigots greeting when their precious walks get reported as breaches of the peace.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Completely different situations, as you well know.

9. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Artur Boruc should be given a medal for being able to put up with being downtrodden and oppressed in bigoted Scotland where everyone hates poor old catholics.

Are the people who get all upset about this actually stupid or are they just doing their nut to make a point.

HE WAS NOT CAUTIONED FOR CROSSING HIMSELF!

I've no doubt that the people who reported Boruc were probably bigots (they were at Ibrox) but what difference does this make to the Proscurator Fiscal's decision to caution Boruc? Are they Orange Bastards as well?

10. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Aye, cos' that's what I usually say, that all catholics are bigots. Do catholic ears and eyes see and hear things completely differently to everyone else, where everything said or written turns into an anti-catholic tirade?

11. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    The press should be crucified for this.

12. RSL Donk

RSL Donk BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    ok, maybe I'm just a dumb American, but first, what's the big deal? He crossed himself, why did the POLICE investigate? Sometimes I look at Scotland and can't help but be thankful that my great grandfather left and came here (and yes he was Protestant). Yeah it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but for God's sake, it's a soccer ! I mean seriously, John Knox died how long ago? Religion is stupid to fight ove, why can't you all join the rest of the world and fight over important things like oil, or is it human rights, I forget which one it is?

13. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    A perfect example why the press should be held accountable for this mess. Some of the sh1te I read in the English press was shocking.

14. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Ive learned recently that most of the complaints were sent via an email campaing organised by rangers website "Follow follow". Id be amazed if even half of these people were even at the match. That site also got shut down for some rather extreme politics.

The crown office have backtracked and he is now in trouble for throwing a towel into the goal, smiling at the rangers fans, making come on gestures and then blessing himself. Yeah i wonder which of the actions listed caused the most offence.

The press are running with this because it is a total farce.

15. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh

He was not cautioned for crossing himself, he turned around to the Rangers fans after Celtic scored and made gestures, one of which, apparently invovled making the sign of the cross. Make sure you read this and understand this before posting more drivel.

Sometimes I read rubbish like this and think exactly the same thing.

I doubt Artur Boruc knows who John Knox was. And, as far as I'm aware, there is no fighting over religion in Scotland.

Come back and lecture us about relgion when most of your country stops beliving in fairy stories about God and creationism.

16. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Unless it was the same Rangers fans who run the Proscurator Fiscal, then they didn't actually give Boruc the caution.

If Boruc beleived that he was totally in the right and wasn't acting like an idiot, why did he accept the caution?

This is like listening to Your Call on Saturday, instead of giving your opinion, just say wheather you are a Celtic fan and/or catholic, then we will know exactly what you're going to say before we have to hear/read it.