The Biggest News To Have Ever Hit Manchester - The Takeover.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Hi CB

Thanks for issuing the warning, but it seems like they're not listening. I'd hate for our site to become as uncivilised as others.

I knew we'd have heavy traffic on our site, but not this many trolls with bad attitudes.

You've all had your say, and some of you have a 'history' of attacking each other on other sites. Be courteous to us Man City fans and go back to your previous sites to vent.

2. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    thanks. isn't a forum for debating football matters? and isn't your club an intresting subject at present?

3. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    Funny seeing all this sudden hating on MC. Im a united fan, im pleased this has happenned, city were already bought out by a billionaire last summer, and already had pretty big pots of cash, so this isnt as big of a change that lots are saying. yes, they are now the richest team in the world, but they werent exactly struggling under Thaksin.

All top clubs are built on money, how that money was accumulated really doesnt make a great deal of difference. its a very new experience in england to have rich backers pissing money up the wall, not that it has never occured, but its rare. on the continent it is of course very commonplace and has been for many years, no where more so than italy, who have always been the biggest spenders in transfers, until recently. spain, france, holland, germany, all have wealthy clubs who spend beyond what the others can due to either sponsorships, outside company backing, rich benefactors, uneven television deals etc.

its very funny seeing a juve fan moralising and chastising clubs for having rich backers. so bitterly ironic.

4. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    I can't believe I'm doing this, for a utd. fan, but this post definitely deserves being repped!

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    not to mention Juve is infamous for making money from illegal means, whether it's match fixing or illegal gambling. The damn club is owned by the mobs.

6. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    don't rise to it. forget juve,manchester city are in a place that every football team dream of. unfortunately none of your fans on here can rise to the debate about that,it's a shame.

7. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Takeover *New Thread*

Keep it clean.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Illegal gambling? That's the first I've heard of it. Please elaborate. And also tell me which games we fixed while you're at it.

9. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    ok, juve are clean, they never fixed a match, it was an interntaional conspiracy set up by inter milan, the figc and the stonecutters (oops, i mean the no homers club). only you and a pair of errant fbi investigators called fox and dana know the real truth, but the time will be soon that you can enlighten us all with the shining torch of truth. plus, soon you will be given your tainted leagues titles back, money compensation for wrongfull acusations, plus ibrahimovic, viera, emerson, zambo, thurim, canna etc will all return along with fabio capello.

carling dont do big soccer posts, but if they did....

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good. I'm glad that we cleared that up. Now you can go back to the sandbox. Have fun!

11. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    yes we can, as long as we all know juve have never cheated or committed any wrondoing, and there is no evidense thye evr fixed a single match, as you implied earlier. i think you certainly prefer your head in deep sand where none of the trivialities of life, such as facts, can bother you.

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's right... and that's why they've never been convicted of such a thing.

13. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please move the Juventus discussion to the Juventus board, thanks.

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    so you were relegated for no reason at all a few seasons ago?

Sorry CB, I promise, no more Juventus discussion.

15. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO HOMERS CLUB:

"You let in Homer Johnson!"
    "It's HOMERZZZ (plural), we're allowed one!"

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good. Now we can talk about things you know about too.

Who thinks Kaka will play for Citeh next season?

17. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That pretty much depends on City's accomplishments this season. If we are in the Champion's League qualification at least, then there will be a good chance that Kaka will come, which is also exactly what he said.

18. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, he didn't. :confused:

19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see Man City making lots of bids for big players in January and then again at the end of the season.

I think you will struggle in the January window to make a huge signing as many of the top targets you will have will be playing for their clubs in the Champions League and you have the combination of clubs unwilling to part with their stars at that time as well as the players who would be hesitant to remove themselves from such an elite competition. Of course the potential for astro-bids could affect this so the usual rules may not apply.

Next summer will be the real headline making moves. If you get a big enough bid in early, some clubs may be unable to pass up on huge sums of money which they could then themselves re-invest in 2 or 3 top quality players. Financially prudent clubs (not Real Madrid for example) would likely bite your hands off for astro-bids as they could strengthen themselves considerably.

That then leaves the players themselves. Some will almost certainly not come if you are not playing in the Champions League which is still a tough ask as the 4 current clubs have been building a team for years and it will take more than a couple of superstars to close the gap. Some will not come even if you have qualified because of the reputation factor (presently you are not Milan, Madrid or Man Utd and that will hurt you in some situations).

Some will not be able to turn down the double allure you offer: 1) the money (many are motivated by this and will want to join) 2) the potential to build something very interesting, something akin to a US Dream Team of basketball. That second point could be very appealing to some (and is a convenient soundbite for those who want the money but want to be seen to be driven by something more 'worthy') - some will generally be interested in seeing if they can be part of a revolution that makes City one of the great clubs (several parallels to Beckham in wanting to put the MLS on the map, but also manages to make some coin as a result).

Should be interesting to see which red top can make the most ridiculous links :)

20. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=570197&cc=5901

alright, he didn't say it directly, but his agent was pointing to the fact that Kaka prefers a team in the Champion's League and that Milan would entertain a big offer from Manchester City.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He also said he'd like to play for a big team. City hardly qualifies. I bet these arabs got some profiler guys going over all the biggest talents and figuring out which ones care more about money then others. It's just embarrassing to be shot down by players like Chelsea has been.

22. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    If Manchester City makes the Champion's League qualifications, it will be considered a big team. Also, by January, if we are still top 4, there's a good chance that we will lure many big name players over.

At this point, there's no point is speculating. The next transfer window is 3 months away and all we need to do is win games. We'll do our talking on the field of victory, starting this Saturday vs Chelsea.

23. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lukas Podolski looks like the most likely candidate to be swooped in January. He is obviously unsettled at Bayern Munich and was sort of uninterested when he was linked with Real Madrid. I can see him coming to the Premier League, and if City delivers over the next few months, then his transfer could be a real possibility.

24. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    AC MILAN'S Brazilian star Kaka is set to move to English Premier League side Chelsea on a world-record transfer of STG80 million ($A164 million) pounds, his advisor claimed

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,24046106-5001023,00.html

Kaka could be at Chelsea by end of the month, says player's agent

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ea-end-month-says-players-agent.html?ITO=1490

AC Milan officials dismissed reports that their Brazilian star Kaka is set to move to Barclays Premier League side Chelsea on a world-record transfer worth £80 million ($A165 million).
    The Italian club signed his international team-mate Ronaldinho on Wednesday despite reported financial difficulties and Kaka's personal assistant Diogo Kotscho claimed all parties involved now want the deal to go through.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,24048255-23210,00.html

AC Milan star Kaka is open to the prospect of joining Manchester City if the club can achieve their initial target of Champions League qualification, according to his representative.

http://search.news.com.au/search/Diogo+Kotscho/0/?us=ndmnews&sid=5012672&as=news&ac=travel

Kaka has denied claims from his agent that he would be interested in joining the Premier League's latest financial powerhouse Manchester City.

http://www.football.co.uk/manchester_city/kaka_dismisses_city_talk_270572.shtml

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Like who? Big names to me are the kind of players Robinho is. You're not getting any of those in January.