The best of Supporters Group Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by pc4th, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Grasshoppers fans at half time.

[​IMG]

2. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    ...fall a bit short to Basel fans at halftime ;)

[​IMG]

3. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
  4. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    sweet pics and videos.

5. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Hey greddy...what if you tried using something like tiny flashlights (1 AA battery) or glow sticks for "tifo" choreography at Fire games? You should be able to get them in a stadium and security people wouldn't freak out over them since they're totally safe. And even though they would cost more, the flashlights would be reusable. The only drawback is that you wouldn't have the smoke effect that you get with flares or sparklers.

6. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, and it's a good idea, but the flashlights would be completely drowned out by Soldier Field's stadium lights. Sparklers would give off enough light no matter what the situation. Unfortunately, I've just been told that, at least for this season, sparklers are out of the question. Now, if we could convince stadium management to dim the lights(something they do for in park firework shows), then we may even be able to use cheap pen-lights, which we can buy in bulk.

7. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    I'd forget about flashlights really fast.

First issue: if your security people have ever heard anything of security guidelines, they would never let you in with those flashlights. They're the perfect throwing object and it won't help saying "Noone will throw them". In this point I can even understand the security, we once had a game almost .

Second issue: they're too expensive and you will NOT get them back unless you just give them to people you know. In one of our Champions League games, for a choreography dozens of flags were handed out to random people - the Ultras got about 3/4 of them back i think. And those flags are FAR bigger than a flashlight (i'm not saying that all those people are thieves, but most either don't know that they have to bring the objects back or they forget it and just leave the stadium). Of course you can just calculate that loss in and buy it anyway...

Third issue: .. but that's not necessary since it looks really bad anyway, IF you see it at all!

If you really won't be able to convice the security to let you use sparklers (which I think is a joke.. I can understand to some degree that flares and smokebombs are illegal in stadiums - as they are everywhere, despite what you might think because of the regular use - I can't see why sparklers should do ANY harm to anyone or anything) you might try out indoor flares / indoor bengals. They look not as spectacular as real flares but they do not create any smoke and are really not dangerous.
    Let me see if I can find a picture of them..

8. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    FCBasel1893,
    Unfortunately, greddy is right. There is no way that the security in American stadiums would let you get away with sparklers...no way. Anything that creates smoke or fire is a no-go. However, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get a small light like the one I'm talking about in a stadium here. These flashlights are only slightly larger than a AA battery. Also, if the stadium lighting is too bright for flashlights, then it is probably too bright for sparklers. Anyway...I'll stop with my rant...

MORE PICTURES!!!

(this is one of my favorite threads of all time)

9. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    We have done flares and smoke in the past but most have gotten in trouble and even arrested.

10. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    :rolleyes:...yeah it looks like here in America we'll have to settle for confetti and toilet paper for our visual effects. Hey, maybe that's OK. Some of the coolest things I've seen have been from the Monumental in Argentina with the confetti shower of the 1978 final and the the field completely white with paper (1996 Copa Libertadores?)

11. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Theres a good chance that we might use smoke and flares next year.

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, at least until we get our own SSS in Chicago. Then it'll be up to P-Wilt and AEG what we can bring into the stadium.

13. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    River Plate, Argentina

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    I love this thread!

[​IMG]

15. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
  16. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    thats some of the best i have seen from the USA chorography wise.

But DC is always rockin with USA games

17. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    [​IMG]

looks like dortmund is the only german top-club, that has some creative supporters:D

18. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well dc doesnt really have alot of correography but we do just do alot of singing because out fan support has sort of dwindled since 2000, but thats dine for me because it eliminates the non-core fans. I would rather have 1000 hardcore dc fans in the supporters clubs than 1500 where 500 care only there for the cups. But DC fans have nothing on Fire fans. Section 8 is *#*#*#*#ing huge. but i think if DC wins another cup, you'll see about a 30% increase in supporters club members. just being sh!tty for 3 years in a row in a new league doesnt really help hardcore fan numbers. but we'll get there.
    My top 3 team fan clubs

1. Chicago Fire
    2. DC United
    3. Metrostars

[​IMG]

19. soccerfreak #1

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    want more? here we go:BVB-Wolfburg: this is the Ost-Tribüne:
    [​IMG]
    And this is the West-Tribüne:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunatly not the best view, but the picture shows a footballfield on the left and on the right side of it are the letters A.P. what stands for Adi Preißler, who died some days before that game and was a legendary member of dortmunds 1950´s squad that won the german championship two consecutive times in 56 and 57. May he Rest in Peace!
    On ever section is a famous quote of him.
    On the Ost-Tribüne is "grau is alles theorie"(grey is all theory), thats also the explanation for this picture and on the West-Tribüne is "....doch wichtig is aufm platz"(important is on the field)

20. soccerfreak #1

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    And this is the picture of the Süd-Tribüne:
    [​IMG]

That stands for itself............

21. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Don't worry my man, we'll see more support when (or if? :( ) we return to our winning ways. But in the meantime, I've wondered...why don't La Norte join forces with Barra Brava and Screaming Eagles? Wouldn't that increase the ability to create choreography?

22. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see i have wondered this as well. But the barra and eagles love it on the side and lanorte like it behind the goal. i'd prefer it if they were all together, and maybe keep LaNorte to the north of barra and eagles. on the side twords the north goal. I dont know, i've been thinking about it for a while but i just dont know how it would work.

23. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Ultras videos?

Any links of videos with Ultras chanting and stuff like that?