The best of Supporters Group Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by pc4th, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Michael K is right. The fire pic is allright but not exactly good. But those two Metrostars pics just plain do not belong in this thread.....

[​IMG]
    not that great of a pics, but notice that huge banner that reads: "Hello, I am a 80 meter banner and I am aimed at the ridiculous Leverkusen-Ultras! When consumed orally, I might produce digestive trouble!!!" I think that is hillarious!

2. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed with Michael K about those metro pics, but that fire pic certainly does belong in here. Personally i think pictures of fans with road flares are repetative. I find that pic of section8 chicago, to be more interesting that most of the previous shots.

3. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thsi one too:
    [​IMG]

4. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  5. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    You posted quite a few FC Basel pics from my old picture thread, but time has passed and there is a lot of new stuff i think i'll start posting some again :)

There are also some cool videos of Basel Ultras.. anyone interested?

6. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me!!
    yeah post new ultras pics.

7. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    First pics are from the away match against FC Zurich, about 2 months ago. We had a great turn-around choreography (first, the colours are blue-white which are the colors of both Grasshoppers Zurich - the eternal archrival to both FC Basel and FC Zurich - and FC Zurich. The text says "You share your colors with Grasshoppers, ours represent a whole city!". Then at a given point someone gives a sign and the papers are turned around and it is all in red and blue, FC Basel's colors. Afterwards 5 huge letters are being dragged up - "BASEL". FC Zurich fans made a very nice choreography too, showing a Lion and the text "Züri Brännt!" which means "Zurich burns" (FC Zurich fans are regarded by most as the #2 in Switzerland, behind FC Basel who is the CLEAR #1 in both fan numbers and quality.. probably one of the top ultra-fanbases in german-speaking Europe. it is not so clear who is #3 in terms of Ultra movement in Switzerland, there are quite a few contenders.

Photos and Videos following :)

8. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Basel fanblock.

[​IMG]

Choreography starts - showing blue white as the opponent's colors.

[​IMG]

9. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Turned around, showing red&blue - much nicer IMO ;)

[​IMG]

10. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    And the last part of the choreography:

[​IMG]

11. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    FC Zurich's intro - very nice as well!

[​IMG]

12. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    At half-time, there was the usual firework action ;) Remember that fans of homeclubs usually burn less of these, because it's the home team that pays the fine (it's illegal to burn fireworks in stadiums.. but in Italy for example the clubs don't really do anything. On the other hand, here in Basel it is very strict, which is why there are not that many flares anymore at home games but a LOT in away games. In germany it is the worst, you won't see a lot of flares in the bundesliga).

FC Zurich fans at halftime:

[​IMG]

13. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    [​IMG]
    I think this is a nice one, cos instead of the usuall hold up paper sheets, in this case all the people are wearing colored shirts! That way tha choreo is seen during the whole game!!! I had never seen something like that before....

14. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    And on the opposite side, Basel's fireworks.

What you can't see very well on these pics is that there were also a lot of small firework rockets, which in my opinion are not really necessary - they're too dangerous, I like smoke and flares more.

[​IMG]

15. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
  16. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    There have been several "90-minute" choreographies using colored shirts & hats. The most famous one is probably Lazio's "Roma merda" choreography in the Roman derby. Still, nice one :)

17. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    [​IMG]
    pre-season game at a local town called wehen.

[​IMG] I didnt find a better picture of it. It looked a lot better in real! :-/

18. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Frankfurt have the best ultras in the bundesliga :)
    (there are some contenders though in the lower leagues.. who knows how it would be if Fortuna Duesseldorf finally came back).

19. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    [​IMG]
    No this isnt a Norway game! This is at the last agem of our "saviour" of 99, Jan Aage Fjörtoft! He had scored that goal in the 91st minute of the last game of teh 98/99 season that kept frankfurt from being relegated....

Tussen Dak Jan!

Im gonna stop posting frankfurt-pics on this thread for first! Its getting a liitle too much....

FORZA FRANCOFORTE!!

20. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Definitely! Most Bundesliga Fangroups are kinda sad. In the lower leagues there are some really nice ones! Düsseldorf, Dresden, Braunschweig, St Pauli to name just a few of em! They have some of the most loyal fans! They had to endure a LOT in the past and there still are severall thousands at any given game..... St Pauli had 20000 at 4th league games... Thats just awesome!

[​IMG]
    Dynamo Dresden

[​IMG]
    Eintracht Braunschweig

21. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    [​IMG]
    Fortuna Düsseldorf

[​IMG]
    Rot Weiss Essen

22. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    [​IMG]
    St Pauli - This is at a 4th league game! I dont like them but I hjave toi admitt that those are probably the most loyal fans that you can find....

[​IMG]
    FC Magdeburg, also 4th league!

23. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    I think it's 3rd league, not 4th.

24. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Wasn't St. Pauli just in the Bundesliga a couple years ago?

25. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    some awesome pics, and i want to subscribe to this thread