The Best Boots

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by speedyturtle4, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    No such thing as the "best." Feet are shaped different; shoes that are great for one person are bad for another. Just buying what are "supposed" to be great shoes is a common but really bad idea. The best shoes are the ones that fit your feet the best, which is why you should never buy shoes online.

Personally, I learned this the hard way. I bought what were supposed to be the "best" I could afford. Then, I was out of town with no shoes and was asked to play in a tournament. I had no time and stopped by a shop to pick up a pair. I tried on several pair, all cheaper and not as "good" as what I normally wore. Well, I settled on some that felt good to me, and those ended up being the best shoes I had ever used because they were actually selected to do what they have to do in order to perform. They fit MY feet the best.

Since then, I've saved a ton of money by spending the time to try on shoes and get the ones that are actually right for my feet rather than the ones with a reputation.

And yes, even with really, really soft stretchy shoes it makes a different. The size and shape of the last as well as the internal support all vary from shoe to shoe and don't mold to your foot the way the outsole does.

OK...old guy leaving now...continue discussion...

3. Super Franki Lampard

May 9, 2004
    Surrey
    For me its got to be the perdator pulses coz they are the best boots for grip that iv ever used, and when takin goal kick coz are kepper is to weak the ball goes further, i can get more curl on the ball.

4. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    ¤ i say my t90's (outdoor)...i say the most important thing is comfortability.mine are comfortable and light'....w/ my speed its easier for me to control the ball and pass better'...and also score (since im a forward)...plus style'...i like 'em..best for me'... ¤

5. drkbrent

drkbrent New Member

Dec 27, 2004
    The Mizuno Morelia is a fantastic boot. It is much better than the Copa Mundial (but much harder to come by). The Pantofola d'Oro is the highest quality and best boot, in my opinion. Try a pair! You'll love them!

6. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah, that would be nice, but i just dont think they would be copas anymore! copas are a classic design and IMO clasic designs only suit black :)

7. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I really want some miadidas mania's, but obviously it's too late for that. I though mania's, (champagne, if that matters,) where the best boots I've ever worn, although I really liked both pairs of my vapors, and when I was younger I had around 10 pairs of PUMA KING'S. Back to the miadidas point, I hopefully will get some pulses, but my money burns a hole in my pocket, and do you know whether you can ask whether you can get the POWERPULSE taken out, as I heard you could.

8. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Yeah you can get the Power Pulse thing taken out.

I've actually got a stock pair of Pulses now and I may prefer them to the F50s. It's a tough call.

9. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England

10. drkbrent

drkbrent New Member

Dec 27, 2004
    very good point.

11. OUFC4EVER

OUFC4EVER New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Yeovil,somerset
    Vapors are the best.

12. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    nike legend are my favorite boots, they seem to just naturaly fit my feet, the heel counter is amazing gives me so much stability.

13. speedyturtle4

speedyturtle4 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Crawley ENGLAND
    Best boots - world cups - theres over 20 years to prove it - won't see f-50s or pulses lasting that long (although f-50s are sooo comfy )

14. lufc_downunder

lufc_downunder New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    The New Nomis "Spark" gets my vote from now on.

15. shevchenko4eva

shevchenko4eva New Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Ilford
    the best boots are vapors cos they just look the best the design is plain and simple and they come out in loads of colours. If you make sure you get them in the right size they shouldn't give blisters. Any way loads of top players wear them, so they can't be that bad for blisters.

16. stokesy17

stokesy17 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    London
    I've heard that in wet conditions it is really hard to get a good touch in Vapors as the ball just spins off the Nike skin. Is this true or do they(the players) just have a bad touch?
    Thanx

17. soccerhigh

soccerhigh BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 24, 2005
    azt III and pulse

I've been wearing azt II K, and currently wear azt III.....and about to try the pulse... N E 1 had experience with these? any noticeable difference once it's broken in? touch, traction, comfort, etc...

18. coolj*

coolj* New Member

Apr 2, 2005
    England
    azt 90iii are amazin in terms of comfort, style and they are faily light weight no wonder every top footballer that wears em are amzin

19. Jaspero

Jaspero New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    i had vapors but never encountered this problem.
    the only thin is if you got wide(r) foot and you wear vpors its just a matter of time before the fisrt hole in the side appears.

i was so keen on the vapors i took that for granted :)

20. DrSkillz1800

DrSkillz1800 Member

Apr 13, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nomis The Glove, twice as good as the vapors that i had.

21. cocu

cocu New Member

Jul 8, 2004
    wien
    dear lufc_downunder,

i'm well aware that certain members posting on these boards are in some ways connected to the sports industry and thus lack the ability to objectively post their opinions concerning product features. it's sad how the anonymity of the net attracts such despicable marketing strategies.

but what makes it even worse for a young idealist soccerphile is to witness one's hope in a new brand being smashed by their top management, giving a fvck about business ethics (like the rest of 'em).

as i understand from your website ( http://www.designerdiary.com/purpleolive/index.html ) and your blog entry of "wednesday, 8th september", you have "been fortunate to work on the branding for a new Australian sports brand."

don't get me wrong, i have nothing against the fact you sympathize with the products of a company you're working for. personally, i'd have a hard time putting my energy into a product (or company) i didn't believe in.

but for the sake of the boards reputation, please refrain from posting biased opinions like the one quoted above.

cheers,
    cocu

22. cocu

cocu New Member

Jul 8, 2004
    wien
  23. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanl u, thank u soooo much! ;)

At last sum1 else has sed summin about it. We come on here trying to get some actual tips and views from players like ourselves, BUT then u get sum people.... :rolleyes: