The Bernabeu bigots - Why are they not banned.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Johnlong, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Johnlong

Johnlong New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    After the monkey chanting in the England game which was bad enough the Bernabeu bigots returned to our screens last night for a champions league special.

All over Europe Sky Sports beamed pictures of skin head white extremists in the Bernabeu doing the Nazi salute last night to the black Leverkusen players and also monkey chanting - again.

Now how these people get into the stadium is beyond me ?

Anyone care to say why the madrid stewards are not stopping them ?

---

Once they are in the ground they freely do the Nazi salutes and Monkey chants without being Ejected now that is just amazing,it really is.

----

We had them problems in England on a large scale with hooligans too about 20 years ago.However we fitted CCTV which is very powerful and started banning them.If you even stand up and shout something bad at a player here you get thrown out the staadium or arrested.

---

Is Madrid run by a bunch of clowns or something !

---

I like many used to like watching them as they are normally entertaning but like many across the globe im repulsed that twice in a week that this has happend even though i knew of past incidents.

I think if Perez does not sort this out Madrid will lose many fans and gain many haters on the world stage.

The gist of the story is the Bernabeu biggots have to be stopped from within the club before Uefa finnaly has to act although they should already of acted !

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004542508,00.html
    - Story plus picture

Cheers. :)

2. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    That's absolutely nauseating. That this kind of behavior is allowed to persist in a world capital is inexcusable.

Edit: It appears UEFA is paying attention.

UEFA wait on Real race reports

Real Madrid could be forced to play behind closed doors following more alleged racist chanting at the Bernabeu.

The Champions League 1-1 draw with Bayer Leverkusen last night was marred by abuse aimed at visiting defender Roque Junior.

UEFA will receive a report in the next 48 hours from officials at the stadium and the match referee before issuing any possible sanctions.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3190884

3. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Hopefully Perez will realise this and take action - obviously the club's image is important to him and the club can't afford this kind of crap. But even if it weren't a matter of image - action should be taken, period. Real Madrid should set an example for other clubs to follow. Come on Perez!

4. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    we really must not let this get out of proportion, as it said on skysports news today, it is a small minority, the majority are fine!

it is the 'ultra' group who create the problems, they have their own designated area of the ground, on tv you can see it as it is cornered off by perspex barrier. these are the fans who arrive just at kick-off, not a moment before, and are the small group you hear chanting even if real are 3-0 down!
    last year when i went to watch a game in madrid i notice this, noone else sings apart from these few fans, and it is these, and only these who make the racist noises!
    on skysports it zoomed in to the tatoo on one mans arm, and sickingly enough he had a swashtika (bad spelling), man i thought it was 2004!

i doubt very much that we will play behind closed doors due to these few, especially as it is clear which group it is. more likely, the club will warn them not to do it, or uefa/fifa will ban them from football matches!

5. ViscaBarca

ViscaBarca Member

Mar 26, 2004
    London
    because we are talking about a franco club here... :rolleyes:
    but to be fair, i was at the camp nou this saturday for the barca-madrid game, and there were a few idiots making monkey noises too; though really just a few, apparently one couldn't even hear them on tv

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    yes but anyone who follows Real or la liga knows that - it's great that they support the team singing etc. and no doubt they are the most vocal section in the stadium - but they can't be allowed to shame the club they support! the very fact that they are together in one area should make it possible for the club/police to act against those responsible and spare the rest of the crowd.

7. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    ive just posted this in the world rivalries forum who are being very critical of the real madrid fans in general, so i will add it here too::

lets not blow this out of proportion, it is unfair to the real madrid fans!

the group making the chants are the 'ultra sur' right wing group who have their own small section of the bernabeu, it is even cornered off by a perspex barrier, when i went to watch real last year the section could clearly be seen, and these are the only group who tend to sing, even if real are 3-0 down!

it is these muppets and only these who make the chants, they no little about football and are not real supporters, they only attend matches so that they can show their flags and make their disgusting right wing views heard!

perez needs to ban this group of idiots from the stadium, instead of doing what he does currently and offers them their own section and tickets to away games! - i kinda understand why he does this though because this group are the only few fans who actually sing in a match, they dont just make monkey noises, they are the only fans who sing in madrid!

my viewpoint is that the 'ultra sur' group who are responsible should be getting the neg pulicity, in the forums and worldwide, the actual football supporters in the bernabeu think it is just as disgusting as you and I, and shouldnt take the blame

8. ViscaBarca

ViscaBarca Member

Mar 26, 2004
    London
    well, but the club does exactly the opposite, the ultras have their own little chamber in the bernabeu for all their flags and stuff too store. they are well supported by real madrid cf...

9. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Thank you. Not just supported, but given privileges. Anyone who knows anything about Real knows this is nothing new.
    It's just that Europe is finally starting to catch up with it. Instead of trying to address issues in the past throughout the continent it's been swept under the rug by the clubs, media and fans. It is good that this is being dragged out in the spotlight. Finally some real attention will be given to the subject. That's the only way to stop it.

BTW - Again this is a Euro issue in general, not just Real. Time to address and to stop ignoring. Time to make the clubs truely accountable. Do they have the will?
    Never have in the past.

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Real Madrid condemn racism, deny knowledge of incidents

MADRID, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Real Madrid have issued a statement condemning racist behaviour but say that they were unaware that any incidents had taken place in their Champions League match against Bayer Leverkusen.

"Real Madrid roundly condemns racist incidents of any type," the club said on its website.

"Real Madrid declares that if any incidents occurred during last night's Champions League game, they were so small that no one at the stadium or anyone at the club was aware they took place.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,14546,-4635269,00.html

11. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Re: Real Madrid condemn racism, deny knowledge of incidents

many in the ground that have been interviewed were unaware, as too were the players on the pitch, it is such a small minority!
    on TV it is easily heard as microphones can make one man sound like the majority!

12. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY

Lie. Have been taking place in plain sight for years. Absolute lie.
    Politicians at their best trying to save their own asses. Spin, spin, spin...

That Olympic bid gets weaker by the minute. Maybe someone should send them the tape, or maybe they should just actually watch next match. Hilarious, and sad stuff here.

13. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roque Junior was the player subject to most of the racial remarks!

Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos are international teammates of his.

I wonder if they were aware of what their supposed 'fans' were doing! They are superstar players and have such international prestige. If they were to make it clear to Mr. Fiorentino Perez, that they were disgusted by the behaviour of, however small a group of fans doing it was Perez would be stung into action.

And if he did like Birmingham management did to Dwight Yorke and told them to leave if they didn't like it, these players hodl the clout to walk out and carry legions of fans out the door with them!

14. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I find it unbelievable that the Real Madrid Ultra Sur asses are making monkey noises when Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos are black. If behavior like this was coming from Athletic Bilbao fans (which hasn't happened), it would make sense as their team is all Basque. But the Ultra Sur (and also the Boixios Nois - I won't let my club loyalties get in the way of reason) are sometimes the sh***** of football. Yeah, great support and full passion behind the team, but why Spain still allows Nazi paraphernalia into the football stadiums is attrocious. I try to understand by reading Phil Ball's article explaining the way things are done over there. But how f-ed-up is it when the Ultra Sur make ape noises when a black player (Roque Junior) touches the ball, but are silent when he's disposessed by Ronaldo.

I think black players should start walking out..followed by both football clubs in solidarity against this foolhardy behavior. That will send a message to these arses. It's not giving into the taunts. I think by suspending football matches as a message of solidarity, there will be some self-regulation among the fans to weed out idiots. That way we can get back to just playing football.

15. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

What!! Lies??? Spin Spin Spin..... WTF are you talking about?
    We are talking about a bunch of idiots making monkey noises right??
    Politicians are not going to spin anything, Why would they? Racist are found all over the world, there is nothing new here! It’s not like they were making the noises! Enough conspiracy theories please…
    I don’t get why everybody is so amazed at this, I have been personally discriminated against in 3 different countries, I learned to live with it, and I suggest players do the same.
    There is no way FIFA will close Real Madrid’s doors, not now and not ever.
    Knowing greedy FIFA and their corrupt ways will never dare closing or harming the biggest money maker that they have, having all that said, I suggest that FIFA continue the fight against racism but not put all their hope in ending it because it isn’t going to happen.

Plus, People have the right to be racist just like they have the right to be stupid! Don’t get me wrong, I wish racism would stop, but what are we going to do? Arrest them for hating Blacks/Arabs/ (insert a race here)?
    We cant do that, fans have always shouted insults at players be that as racial of personal, Nobody, not us nor FIFA will ever stop it, its been happening since the invention of the coliseums thousands of years ago.

Let’s try to educate our kids right from wrong and live with it.

16. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

It’s called freedom of expression, that’s one of the sh!ty things you would have to get used to when living in a democracy.
    I agree its stupid BUT LIVE WITH IT! They have the right to dress like Hitler if they wanted to.

17. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    no they don't. there's a international law against it.even in Germany i believe.

18. ViscaBarca

ViscaBarca Member

Mar 26, 2004
    London
    germany has probably the most strict anti-nazi laws in the world. not even the sale of 'mein kampf' is allowed, though you can easily buy it in most countries

19. ViscaBarca

ViscaBarca Member

Mar 26, 2004
    London
    the main problem is that in reality the 'expressions' don't stop at being verbal, more often than not it ends in racial violence. now i'm sure you don't want to defend that. so the question arises, what can we do to stop racial violence, and it seems quite obvious that we have to start at the verbal violence, because that's were the actual violence originates. that's why in britain for example the preaching of hate is a punishable offence, and nobody in their right mind suggests that it is against freedom of speech, because the purpose of this law is to prevent violent crime.

20. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Well obviously there is a limit to the freedoms people can have, "your freedom ends when other peoples freedom begin"
    Racism is a really tough thing to fight, especially in a country that lacks racial diversity.
    You guys also need to remember that it doesn’t have to be a racial insult to offend players, look of what happened this week in the NBA when Sh!t hit the (fan) after a (fan) crossed the holy thin line with a fed up player.

21. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

What are you talking about?? You can be a proud Nazi in America; you can ware there clothes, raise there flag and spout their crap propaganda; you can be a known Nazi member and work in a government institution, you can not be discriminated against in any way due to your affiliation to them.
    You can walk around looking like Hitler (you might get laughed at or get you tail kicked) but you can legally do it.

22. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    By the way, I once saw this Black guy in Cincinnati Ohio with a big swastika tattoo on his head..... I could not believe my eyes when I saw him.
    I don’t know what his deal was.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    and...
    Er, WRONG!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/4036963.stm

'A Blackburn Rovers fan has been fined £1,000 and banned from football grounds for five years for racially abusing Birmingham City player Dwight Yorke. Jason Perryman, 22, from Lawson Street in Chorley, admitted a racially aggravated public order offence before Blackburn magistrates on Wednesday.'

24. former baller

former baller New Member

Mar 10, 2002

Appareantly where it has been occurring, no influences had been opposed enough to have done anything to stop it by this point. So they didn't really care...enough.

25. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

a lot of people think of the swastika as a sign of a rebel. wearing it to show they are bad ass. i kind of agree and i am jewish. i have to say that the swastika is one of the coolest symbols around.

also you are missing a large point minus, it is not about freedom of speech. they are at a private fuction, fifa's rule is as good as law. if they say everyone has to wear pink, then so be it-lol.