The Beatles - Let It Be, Naked

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by BillQ, Oct 24, 2003.

1. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Just in time for the holidays, the Fabs are releasing a new version of arguably their weakest album but revised to remove all traces of Phil Spector from the album. Anyone planning on picking this one up?

Bill Q.

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let it be, let it be.... let it be the way it was for over 30 years.

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say it was their weakest album. I think it's one of their best, very underrated. anyway, it's my favorite ... but that's besides the point.

yup, i'm picking it up. i've heard some people try something like this on bootlegs, but i'm interested to hear how it sounds when done by professionals.

two things though:

First, I'd rather have the movie on DVD. I've heard rumors its coming out but I haven't seen anything concrete.

Second, one of these times I wish they'd remaster and put the entire rooftop concert from these sessions on a cd. didn't have it all on anthology or this one ... there's bootlegs but Apple should put one out so the sound quality is what it should be.

4. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Maybe next Christmas...

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    It's easily their most underrated. I Me Mine, Dig A Pony, Two Of Us, Long and Winding Road, I Got A Feeling...those are all total classics. I'll certainly be buying this.

6. champmanager

champmanager Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    I liked it when I had it a long, long, long time ago, but its hard to see the spectre influence on any of those songs except "Long and Winding". I'm not sure how those other songs could any more "naked", other than I Me Mine maybe.
    Two of Us is one of their simplest, most beautiful songs.

And you forgot "The One after Nine O'Nine", apparently the first song John and Paul wrote together, when they were 14.

7. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering I like stripped down rock, I:

a) don't consider this their weakest release
    b) can't wait to buy this.

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    The Spector influence is minimal over the majority of the record. I get the feeling this is done to appease Paul and get him to finally stop wining about The Long and Winding Road. Now that George and John are gone, he can do it without too many people complaining. Yoko wants the money, so what is she gonna do, really??

9. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure Paul's completely responsible for this. It was announced the same week (the same day?) as Spector was arrested for inconveniently having a dead body in his house.

Bad week to be Phil.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's one of those things that you won't notice until its gone.
    I just listened to the original today and it doesn't sound like much will change. but I have the feeling that the finished product will be a little more drastic than we think. i.e. the changes won't be minimal.

just can't wait. but gimmie the dvd too!

11. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since john pretty much was completely responsible for ambushing the rest of the band and having spector produce it in the first place, i consider things even.

I for one think paul's right to do this ... john never should have tampered in the first place.

plus, and we can't underestimate this, ringo likes the naked album! Viva Ringo! :D

12. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to have to listen the Anthology with Let it Be tracks and see how they compare to album. This will be a good reason to get the thing on cd instead of vinyl. :D

13. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    There's a version of the Long... on Anthology 3 that only has Paul and Billy Preston on it and it's sans strings.