The Atlantic Cup

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by nyrmetros, Sep 22, 2003.

1. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    This cup of rum and coke right here is more important to me than some stupid atlantic cup. It's a stupid cup, with a stupid name, and is something only a stupid DC fan could ever appreciate.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    http://www.metrostars.com/gameday/2003/10112003.htm#cup

Atlantic Cup Presentation: Fans attending the MetroStars vs. Dallas Burn match today, October 11 are welcome to participate in a presentation of the Atlantic Cup to the Empire Supporters Club in section 101 during halftime.

The MetroStars captured the Atlantic Cup on September 28 with their 1-1 draw with D.C. United. With the tie the Metros record against D.C. moved to 2-1-1 on the season.

The Atlantic Cup is given to the team that wins the season series between the MetroStars and D.C. United.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I wonder who will be presenting the Atlantic Cup to ESC? Bob Bradley, Mike Magee, Nick Suckowitz, or Marco Etcheverry ?

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Conversely, which members of ESC would be willing to accept the Atlantic Cup since many of you think it's crap....

5. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Carp? Like fish? What the hell are you talking about?

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The Atlantic Cup celebration was rather awesome. GM Nick presented the Atlantic Cup at halftime to Jamison and the rest of ESC. We had a cool celebration, some DC sucks chants, and then we had an awesome photo op with all of ESC and the Cup. Then the bhoys poured beer into Ms. Atlantic and drank from her :) I was very glad to see a lot of people taking the Atlantic Cup seriously. :)

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004