The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, but in comparison to what Real Madrid and Barca have in quality, all of them are mediocre. If we're afraid of Muniain then good night.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    What a nightmare would be having to rely on these stupid teams to take points from Barça.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cherki about to extend his contract with Lyon until 2023 according to France football. Not a long term extension and he's still only 16.

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lyra, yoanaidarov, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  5. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    It's the right thing. He needs to polish up on a few things and he should continue to grow at Lyon.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fascinating how both him and his brother didn't work out when they made big career moves.

Digital repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lucas Hernandez had a serious injury right? He's a starter for France and will succeed at Bayern if he stays healthy imo. Also proven in CL with Atlético.

Eddie repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's on the market this summer. He's currently behind both Boateng and Alaba in CB, and Davies has completely outplayed him as a fullback. Problem is his wages are huge for a substitute.

Hansi Flick said "we're trying to give him some playing time, but we trust the current defense". There are rumours that Bayern were shopping him around even before the Christmas break.

9. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    just read that Alaba has agreed terms with Inter o_O

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We were apparently interested before Militao deal, but he didn't want to join direct rivals. 85 ME was too steep for him. 50 ME for Militao with lesser wages sounds like a way better deal right now. Bayern will have to sell at cut price to PL this summer. If Alaba stays, Lucas will struggle to get playing time as they have Sule and the kid from PSG as well.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Boateng was plastered all over the newspapers today, with most reports writing that he's playing better than ever. Boateng basically was set to join PSG but the deal fell through because of details. How weird football can be sometimes.

Stiliyan, Prit Javier and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lyra repped this.
  13. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    i watched few Aston Villa games after the restart and i dont get what is so great about this Grealish guy....he is Tottenham ,Arsenal level at best

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn’t count them out. Both of them are younger than Ferland Mendy. Theo is still just 22 and by all accounts having a good season. As is obvious by his post, he arrived at Madrid at only 19 years old. I think Milan won’t be his final destination

Stiliyan, Lyra and temesgen repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odegaard in the starting lineup for Sociedad. The injury to his knee must not be so bad

Lyra repped this.
  16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    It's about managing that type of injury.

Ronaldo has managed it since 2013-2014 I believe.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Sound like a broken record. Man U have damn near got a bargain here from the amount they paid.

Since the start of 18/19

92 goal contributions in his last 93 games

IMG_1356.jpg

Eddie, Dr. MvN and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  18. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Similar to Haaland, I was scratching my head why he didn't go to a better team. Even Arsenal, he is exactly the player they need but didn't seem there was any interest.

19. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    If Milan can ever get their crap together, then it could be and in a good way.

I mean, look, I'm no Milan fan and I'll be more than happy to see them toil in mediocrity forever. I wish I could say the same about Juventus. But, if what's happening with their stadium rivals is any indication, if a team with a rich history and plays in a world-famous city ever does get their footing back under them, then it really doesn't take too much more for them to become an attractive team to play for again. Inter was shopping in rubbish bins for discount players just a couple years ago; apparently now they're going for top players on the market and getting some of them.

Milan is the definition of a sleeping giant. Maybe Theo can be part of the awakening process. With Mendy and/or Reguilon, I doubt he'll ever return here, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Although it does go to show, not that it really should've been something surprising to begin with, that the book on a player and what they'll top out as isn't published when they're 20 years old. Theo's mistake was thinking too big, too soon. He wasn't a Marcelo complement, he was a Marcelo clone. He didn't offer an alternative to Marcelo at a time when Marcelo hadn't hit his decline phase so strongly yet.

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Lol i’ll say once again every English player is overrated even some people in this forum seem to think PL is the top league of europe but we all know if he came to spain he is struggling!

21. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    There's at least two explanatory factors with Haaland to Dortmund.

1) Playing time. He wanted to go somewhere that he was going to be playing as a starter for a top team. Dortmund were among the teams that fit that description. But Dortmund fit another description as well:

2) He's a Raiola guy. One of the super agents, as we all know. What benefits any agent, especially one of these big ones? Repeated transfers. Dortmund were a CL side in a big league. What else are they? A stepping stone team despite what their efforts might well be. Haaland is not going to play at Dortmund forever. He might not play there for more than one more season, depending on how things shape up after the 2020-'21 season. Assuming he doesn't suddenly crater, suffer a catastrophic injury, anything like that, he's going to make an even bigger-money move to Juve, or to England (or Real Madrid perhaps) very soon, which means even more money for Raiola.

You guys are smart and know the business. I didn't really need to explain any of that. But that's the way it goes and that's the logic. Haaland going to Dortmund ensures at least two big transfer fees for his services instead of one. Agents like that.

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    it’s a win win situation for Raiola if Haaland plays for Dortmund and does well his price goes up and so means more money for agent

23. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    [emoji3166]

Wonder what the fee will be. Not that we have much use for him TBH. I thought he was just playing that game for a new contract, lol.

24. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Arsenal are looking to either sell or swap Matteo Guendouzi in the next transfer window..

The 21 year old has been training alone since Arsenals defeat at Brighton.