The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never heard of him, is he legit?

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    1000% legit, but 1000% did not see this coming. He was a very good player, but to take his game to the next level this quickly is a major surprise.

3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    who wants an overrated 100m player

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was so bad against Bayern in the first round that he became a meme. Absolutely has to do better in midweek.

Prit Javier repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    30 goal contributions= overrated :ROFLMAO: I'm done now:ROFLMAO:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By the way, Dortmund have scored 74 goals in 24 Bundesliga matches this season. Haaland has been there for what feels like 3 weeks and already has 10 BuLi goals for them.

Zidane05 and Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    So you think he's worth it for 100m, I take it?

8. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Do you think its a lot easier to play in Bundesliga than La Liga and thats why the stats maybe misleading?

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He's English so for her he's worth it for £500M

RMSocrates and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gotze set to leave Dortmund at the end of this season. Everyone thought he's set for greatness after 2012-13 season. That's why it's dumb to pay 100 ME+ for young players like Dembele, Sancho after one good season.

I think teams would have done the same for Ben Arfa if he was a teenager now. They have one or two good seasons, gets the big money move and stops bothering. Teams need to get clarity on mentality, off the field behaviour before throwing money just based on their talent. Sancho got fined by Dortmund this season so there are red flags already.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Schalke are completely out of it. Regional League level football. Maybe they didn't even want to return to play?

Digital repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Remember a lot of people were saying he was the jewel between him and Benzema.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That’s an interesting view, what are your thoughts on Haaland?

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not gonna spend 100 ME+ on him for sure. 75 ME is fine if reports about his work ethic are true. Anyways, it depends on whether he wants to leave Dortmund this summer or wait till his clause is active in 2021 after establishing more.

Prit Javier repped this.
  15. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good for him!

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Götze scored a crucial goal in a World Cup final in 2014. That's pretty much greatness, for me at least. What that does to a young mind or anyone's mind, combined with his health issues.. it's not always as easy as it might look.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That will be a moment to remember in the history of football due to the occassion, but won't change the fact that he had an underperforming career given the talent he had. His weight issues contributed to that but that's his own fault like with Isco.

Eder also has a goal in Euro 2016 final which Portuguese fans will always remember. But his overall career is what it is outside of that. Gotze had the potential to have a similar career like Ballack( I know the nearly man jokes, but he was a great player of his generation and unlucky to miss 2002 final). And yea, I am not comparing Gotze with Eder.

18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a bit weird to lump all these players together when Sancho currently has 37 G+A in all comps, more than Götze or Dembele has ever had in a season in their careers and the season isn’t even over yet.

And Sancho is only 20, and he came off 32 G+A last year so it’s not just “one good season”

Im an Mbappe guy first, but I don’t understand why Sancho is so criticized. Maybe it’s because he’s English and we’ve seen English prospects fail time and again, but I do believe Sancho’s hype

Lyra, Baltor and Zidane05 repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not all about numbers though. Götze didn't fail to live up to his promise because he didn't deliver numbers, the problem was that the expectations were otherworldly. Sacho moves from Dortmund to another team for the kind of money speculated and those numbers will not be what's considered great, but what is to be the bar of output expected.

Saeta Rubia and Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Dortmund ain't selling him cheap they have said that, WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN HIM anyway...

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I think he's a fantastic prospect. Still a gamble to spend so much.

I have no interest in Sancho because we have Rodrygo and Vinicius. It would be stupidity to spend some fairytale madeup amount with the talent we have.

Anyone who reads my posts over the years knows I rate Sane. Wanted him here before he went to City.

However again, it wouldn't make sense.

Prit Javier and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't agree with people that say he's overrated, I think he's a fantastic player, but the reasons you listed are the same for me as why I wouldn't go for him.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dembele as a talent is in the same tier. And he didn't dissapear in big games which is a concern I have with Sancho. Dortmund has had an ultra offensive system for years so goals/assists can look inflated. Just like how PGs would have career best stats under D'Antonti( Kendall Marshall averaged 8.8 assists with him and was out of the league in two years without D'Antoni system). Bundesliga style is very open in general. Apart from Gotze, Kagawa, Sahin, Mikhi have all dissapointed once they moved to a club with more pressure. 100 ME+ pricetag will put enormous pressure on Sancho too.

Thing is Dortmund hid Dembele's off the field issues well without much leaks. That's why Barca paid a crazy fee. And with Sancho it's out in the open as they took disciplinary action. So if many have doubts whether he'd be another risky 100 ME+ investment like Dembele and Coutinho, it's justified.

Yes, he's only 20, but huge pricetag is for his future potential so he will be judged with those expectations. Haaland showed way more against PSG than Sancho did despite all his goals and assists. And it's not like Dortmund have been a consistent league team under him. Their record is like his stats. Racking up in big wins and goes missing in tight games. That's where stay padding concerns arise.

Dinho 2006-07 had the best scoring season in his La Liga career. Scored 21 times, but everyone could see he's not even close to 2005-06 or 2004-05 Dinho who scored less. Barca ended up with 76 points so a lot of goals came during beatdowns at Camp Nou while he was a non factor in Clasicos. Just under a year after he made Bernabeu stand up and applaud him. So even the most talented players can statpad with way less impact than their numbers suggest.

Sancho to me hasn't showed he's a big match player worth that value. Last Dortmund player to show that in really big games was Lewandowski. Hakimi has 8 goals and 10 assists this season btw. I badly want him back, but don't expect that kind of return as I know he'd be moving to a compact RM system(19 goals conceded, least in top 5 leagues) from the most offensive system in top 5 leagues. Even half those numbers in RM system would be very good when he returns.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1264576307540774912 is not a valid tweet id

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah..Bundesliga attackers always concern me for this reason. Dortmund is always a high offense in a poor defensive league. Goals and assists will be inflated. Mkhitarvan is the biggest example of this.

Saeta Rubia repped this.