The Arsenal vs. West Ham United, Premier League Matchday 28, 7 March 2020

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Mar 5, 2020.

1. kissthestick

kissthestick New Member

Arsenal
    Mar 3, 2020
    glad we got the 3 points, because i wasnt confident beating man city on wednesday lol,

maybe Pep will go easy on his disciple eh? lol

2. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    uh, headlock and other such physical contact on arsenal strikers has always been permitted. especially in the box.

3. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    low-key? did he become subtle in recent times?

4. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    they seem reluctant to overturn anything from the field. (not nearly as bad or blatant as NBA review has been but it ain't far off.) i would imagine if the recent brouhaha with chelsea-tottenham hadn't happen and put them under the microscope, they would not have overturned that call and rule it a goal either.

5. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Hell yea that was a GOAL. LACAZETTE GOAL!
    Doubt it. If they beat Man U easily today they might have a letdown on Wednesday and we draw. If they lose to Man U again then we are looking towards another beatdown. They are just so much more superior than us in every way it's hard to compete with that.

6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. In that second sequence, the ball being in front of Lacazette is what matters.

7. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, but it seems like nothing is Pepe's fault. It's the system or the players around him. When Ozil wasn't playing he wasn't exactly blowing everyone away.

8. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Glad we got the three point but this was a very poor performance today. Outside of Leno or Saka nobody stood out or covered themselves in glory. The defense was atrocious. If Haller and Antonio weren't so poor and wasteful West Ham easily would've scored 4 on us.

For the love of god why is the Aubameyang being played out left and not centrally as a lone striker. Eddie isn't good enough to displace Aubameyang from that role or to even start in the PL. Why is Martinelli not starting let alone not playing? Put Martinelli out left Aubameyang central, get an early goal which will allow space to open up front.

Mari is an improvement in CB, decent passer but he almost cost us a goal. But a good PL start.

And Pepe isn't excelling because coaching isn't setting him up to succeed. It's seems they are actively trying to set the team up to make harder for Pepe to do well. Why play Sokartis at RB?

9. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    I don’t think Pepe is to blame, it is not like he is out of shape or doesn’t work hard enough. I think once again you have management buying a player because he is good and available with no regard for how he will fit into the squad tactically. The scouting report on Pepe was that he thrived in a counter-attacking role at Lille, but Arsenal don’t really counter-attack except against the big clubs (I thought Pepe played pretty well at Anfield). It goes back to buying two 50m pound strikers 6 months apart and trying to play them together.

Walia Ibex repped this.